The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I know you guys are gonna hate me but i'm a chelsea supporter!. I'm not a glory hunter i've been supporting them since i was about 10, plus they're my local club. Everyone has been hating on chelsea lately i wonder why?
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
hitman. did you support the takeover at the time and have your opinions changed since? there's talk that west ham are about to be subject to a similar russian takeover, with 100million quid to be invested on the team alone. it's got mixed reactions at west ham, and i dont really know if i want it. there's lots of talk along the lines of 'we dont want to be the next chelsea'. wheras others would like to see us compete for the title no matter how we get there. thought you opinion would help to change my mind?
Reply 22
HITMAN_No1
I know you guys are gonna hate me but i'm a chelsea supporter!. I'm not a glory hunter i've been supporting them since i was about 10, plus they're my local club. Everyone has been hating on chelsea lately i wonder why?

Hitman, I have very strong views on the whole chelsea situation.

By the way I live about 300 yards from founders and adriano mutu used to live on this estate(didnt go round his house at halloween....sherbert or no sherbert), used to be gus poyet's house.

Anyway, ill like to start off by saying I think mourinho is brilliant. I love it when he screws up but there is no doubting he is a top manager, knows what he is doing and you are lucky to ham him. I have no hatred towards the guy even as a liverpool fan because I want to be like him when im older, I respect the guy a lot.

I actually feel sorry for some chelsea fans who are now grouped together with the "new" fans who have joined the wagon(via united in 93/94, blackburn for a quick visit in 95, back to united, then arsenal, united for 3 years.... etc), because after 50 years, you've won the league and yet you guys will not get credit because lets be honest, without the money....no bigtime players or mourinho, therefore no title.

Do I think you are ruining football? Maybe, I still think its too early to tell, some can argue the standard in the pl has improved because chelsea are going that little bit further. On the other hand its a bit boring now with all of us trying to out-do your 4-3-3 formation with the 4-2-3-1 formation.

At the end of the day, you can only field 11 players on the pitch and thats why liverpool won that game at anfield last season. Lets be honest, we were 37 points behind you last season, mainly because of your squad but in those two games we just played you 11 on 11, whatever happens happens and we got the goal without conceding(dont come out with the it wasnt a goal stuff, we know but cech would have been off pen etc...blah blah).

You will win the league this season no question about that right now as I believe manutd are the strongest challengers but they lack strength in depth. Its funny that SWP would be our best attacking player if he came to liverpool and yet he is 3rd choice at chelsea. Frightening but money makes the world go round right now.
Reply 23
Well to be Honest at first i was against the takeover of the club by abramovic, but then when i heard he was gonna invest alot of time and money in to the club, and it wasn't just a pet project, i was all for it. The takeover hasn't been all good, there are bad aspects to it like a big increase in ticket prices, which was priced alot of fans out of going to see the matches. So i guess it depends on if you think that is a price worth paying.

I personally think its worth it, chelsea are now the strongest side in england and arguably in europe.
Reply 24
Chelsea. Not a new fan I hasten to add!!
Reply 25
jkandola
Hitman, I have very strong views on the whole chelsea situation.

By the way I live about 300 yards from founders and adriano mutu used to live on this estate(didnt go round his house at halloween....sherbert or no sherbert), used to be gus poyet's house.

Anyway, ill like to start off by saying I think mourinho is brilliant. I love it when he screws up but there is no doubting he is a top manager, knows what he is doing and you are lucky to ham him. I have no hatred towards the guy even as a liverpool fan because I want to be like him when im older, I respect the guy a lot.

I actually feel sorry for some chelsea fans who are now grouped together with the "new" fans who have joined the wagon(via united in 93/94, blackburn for a quick visit in 95, back to united, then arsenal, united for 3 years.... etc), because after 50 years, you've won the league and yet you guys will not get credit because lets be honest, without the money....no bigtime players or mourinho, therefore no title.

Do I think you are ruining football? Maybe, I still think its too early to tell, some can argue the standard in the pl has improved because chelsea are going that little bit further. On the other hand its a bit boring now with all of us trying to out-do your 4-3-3 formation with the 4-2-3-1 formation.

At the end of the day, you can only field 11 players on the pitch and thats why liverpool won that game at anfield last season. Lets be honest, we were 37 points behind you last season, mainly because of your squad but in those two games we just played you 11 on 11, whatever happens happens and we got the goal without conceding(dont come out with the it wasnt a goal stuff, we know but cech would have been off pen etc...blah blah).

You will win the league this season no question about that right now as I believe manutd are the strongest challengers but they lack strength in depth. Its funny that SWP would be our best attacking player if he came to liverpool and yet he is 3rd choice at chelsea. Frightening but money makes the world go round right now.

I could take for ages about this, especially after a few drinks :rolleyes:
I do feel a bit uneasy about the money sometimes... I mean part of me enjoyed giving Man Utd and Arsenal a game, and then making it hard for ourselves the next week against a team like Leicester. At the moment it does feel a bit easy, and it would be more interesting if we have a blip and the title is close. I would enjoy that more. it's difficult though

I'll be looking for a pub to watch both the games against Liverpool at anfield, next wednesday and sunday!!
Reply 26
JP2403
I could take for ages about this, especially after a few drinks :rolleyes:
I do feel a bit uneasy about the money sometimes... I mean part of me enjoyed giving Man Utd and Arsenal a game, and then making it hard for ourselves the next week against a team like Leicester. At the moment it does feel a bit easy, and it would be more interesting if we have a blip and the title is close. I would enjoy that more. it's difficult though

I'll be looking for a pub to watch both the games against Liverpool at anfield, next wednesday and sunday!!

Thats probably the only chance the rest of us have, if mourinho gets bored. He seems like that kind of guy who would just turn his head looking to win in a new league.

I think ill forget about the match, there is some rnb thing at holloway anyway. Ill match the match at home, then go to that(if we win ill wear my xabi alonso top) :wink: .
Reply 27
jkandola
Thats probably the only chance the rest of us have, if mourinho gets bored. He seems like that kind of guy who would just turn his head looking to win in a new league.

I think ill forget about the match, there is some rnb thing at holloway anyway. Ill match the match at home, then go to that(if we win ill wear my xabi alonso top) :wink: .

Oh Xabi Alonso...your top scorer...

I mean only scorer.. :p: :smile:
Reply 28
JP2403
Oh Xabi Alonso...your top scorer...

I mean only scorer.. :p: :smile:

Great player.....not let a goal in though, so building from the back. To be honest im happy that we got a draw against the likes of united/boro-away/spurs-away, we are 2 points up on last year for those corresponding games! great :rolleyes:
Reply 29
He is good, picks out some great passes. Just the forwards need to be more clinical in front of goal perhaps. Starting at Birmingham perhaps, get a couple of goals..
Reply 30
jkandola
cheers, its a bit sad at times. Like during the transfer window, I used to click refresh on newsnow every 10 mins at least. I go searching spanish sites, italian sites etc for news.......god thats sad :rolleyes:

Completely with you on that one! liverpoolfc.tv, koptalk, newsnow.co.uk, skysports, bbc - was checking them all the time!
Nice to see there's another proper liverpool fan on campus this year. Since the scouse landlord left the happy man a couple of years back I got used to being ridiculously outnumbered by chelsea/pompey/spurs/arsenal fans in the monkey's or holloways.
you're not the same kandola that used/uses the 606 messageboard by any chance?
was on a year abroad in turin last year, the build up to the juve game and the match itself was incredible.

YNWA!
Reply 31
just realised this thread is acting like a female filter! only the guys seem interested in this chat...fine with me! :tongue:
Reply 32
Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur!
Ali_Pally
just realised this thread is acting like a female filter! only the guys seem interested in this chat...fine with me! :tongue:

I'm gonna break the non-female thing :p: I support...well Servette FC but they folded :frown: so...Meyrin all the way...haha Swiss teams :biggrin:
Reply 34
Massive Arsenal supporter! :smile:

Hoping that there will be quite a few of us, so can go and watch the matches on sky!
Reply 35
francesjb

Hoping that there will be quite a few of us, so can go and watch the matches on sky!

Grr.
Reply 36
francesjb

Well, there's at least three on TSR alone (me, you, Phil B), and as RHUL is located near London, there should be loads.

We should make a watch-Arsenal-at-pub society. :wink:
Reply 37
Damn you spurs :frown: lost to Grimsby. Grim day indeed.
Man U fan here. :rolleyes:
Reply 39
pluginbaby
Completely with you on that one! liverpoolfc.tv, koptalk, newsnow.co.uk, skysports, bbc - was checking them all the time!
Nice to see there's another proper liverpool fan on campus this year. Since the scouse landlord left the happy man a couple of years back I got used to being ridiculously outnumbered by chelsea/pompey/spurs/arsenal fans in the monkey's or holloways.
you're not the same kandola that used/uses the 606 messageboard by any chance?
was on a year abroad in turin last year, the build up to the juve game and the match itself was incredible.

YNWA!

thats me!! mate we have to meet up. My favourites are literally in order:

Skysports, koptalk, liverpoolfc.tv, bbc606, newsnow, tribal(lol), as, marca, fantasy football.....etc

what is your username? we have to meet up

Latest

Trending

Trending