This discussion is closed.
undercover-ange
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Oh my god! please tell me other people found this paper absolute hell! In all my practise papers i've been getting an average of about 57, i'd revised sooo much i didn't think it was possible for me to mess it up but i did! Question 10 completely threw me and i spent so long on it i didnt have time to go back and check previous answers and the one with the graphs of y=sin2x and y=-cosx confused me too!! Barely stopped crying since it finished! thank god for resits....
Barny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Errr, it's not the end of the world. It still absolutely shocks me that 16/17 year olds cry about things like how well youve done in a maths test, get a grip..
dark_angel
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by imasillynarb)
Errr, it's not the end of the world. It still absolutely shocks me that 16/17 year olds cry about things like how well youve done in a maths test, get a grip..
it is if you want to do well, and go far in life, it all depends on the grades you get.
cobra
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Sum people that i know did it as a retake and said it was easy, but then they would having just started P3.

Don't cry if u think you have done badly, cry when you get then results
Barny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yeh, its as if getting good grades and earning lots of money is the only thing thats important in life ?
MadNatSci
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by imasillynarb)
Yeh, its as if getting good grades and earning lots of money is the only thing thats important in life ?

It's not the only thing, but a lot of people have dreams and aspirations that can only be achieved through getting good grades. If you aren't interested, then that's up to you, but don't knock other people for caring about how they do.
dark_angel
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i know i would be upset if i didnt do very well in a exam and i wouldnt be suprised if i cryed either.
ISO Jack
Report 16 years ago
i always do **** in an exam,,,,thank god for retakes

btw what did u guys get for the graph transformations where it was moved right 4, and then stretched 2 moved down 3
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by MadNatSci)
It's not the only thing, but a lot of people have dreams and aspirations that can only be achieved through getting good grades. If you aren't interested, then that's up to you, but don't knock other people for caring about how they do.
superb post, I 100% agree with that mate.
Here is some rep for that.
Dude
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by MadNatSci)
i agree with you in a sence, but you have to ammit. some people seem to think the world is going to end and that their life is over when they do rubbish in a exam.
undercover-ange
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Oh god that wasn't meant to start a discussion on whether or not it's right to cry over exams!! I thought the point of this messageboard thing was for people to give or recieve help and advice? I just wanted to know what other people thought of the exam as I hadn't come across some of the question forms that were on it and that surprised me.
username3134
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yeh, I took the OCR P1 on monday and found it stupidly easy in comparison to what we'd been preparing for. Bar one exception, everybody that took it found it strangely easy. However, this is a double-edged sword as my teacher says the grade boundaries are likely to be really high, as he's never seen such an easy P1 paper. Just got to sit and wait now! Dont worry though, a low mark here isnt the end of the world!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (384)
67.13%
No (188)
32.87%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise