This discussion is closed.
dark_angel
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
does anyone know any good websites for child development and is anyone doing Romeo and Juilet at school?
Bethany*
nat1663
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by dark_angel)
does anyone know any good websites for child development and is anyone doing Romeo and Juilet at school?
Bethany*
i have some websites for childcare they are :
www.babyworld.com
www.b4baby.com
www.motherandbaby.co.uk
www.growthspurts.com
i hope they are of some use to you and if u know any good sites for stratified sampling please let me know on [email protected] thanks
natalie
dark_angel
Rep:
?
(Original post by nat1663)
i have some websites for childcare they are :
www.babyworld.com
www.b4baby.com
www.motherandbaby.co.uk
www.growthspurts.com
i hope they are of some use to you and if u know any good sites for stratified sampling please let me know on [email protected] thanks
natalie
thank you, ive been looking for a website for ages. sorry but i dont know what stratified sampling is.
gemgems89
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Bethany*
We've just started Romeo and Juliet.
Surfing Hamster
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
thank you, ive been looking for a website for ages. sorry but i dont know what stratified sampling is.
I *think* it's when, for example, you select every 10th name from a register - a strategy.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Remeo and Bleeding Juiet god that brings back memeories. When I was supposed to be learning that I was too busy trying to overclock 486DX50 chips into DX2-66s.

I had little motivation at school other than I would leave at 16 and become a barrow boy.
dark_angel
Rep:
?
The only thing good about Romeo and Juilet is that we're watchin the videos otherwise its preetty borin!
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The only thing good about Romeo and Juilet is that we're watchin the videos otherwise its preetty borin!
Yeah... like the modernised one with Leonardo Di-whateveritwas in.

Not as good as the 1940s version of Richard III with all the tanks and gun fights and everything though.
bougeoursie_Roo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by thefish_uk)
Yeah... like the modernised one with Leonardo Di-whateveritwas in.

Not as good as the 1940s version of Richard III with all the tanks and gun fights and everything though.
Fish that film was so poor par the acting! and romeo and juliet is best seen on the stage
meepmeep
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Stratified sampling is when you split a population (a large group) into two (or more) smaller groups and take a certain number of random samples for each group in relation to its relative size (in comparison to the other groups).

eg if you had 300 girls and 100 boys (ratio 3:1, as for every boy there are three girls, so you need to take 3 girl samples for every boy sample) and wanted to take 40 samples, you'd take 30 girls and 10 boys at random. You can do the same thing with age groups (eg. if you had 1000 five year olds, 2000 six year olds and 3000 seven year olds (ratio 1:2:3) and wanted to take 60 samples, you'd take 10 five year olds, 20 six year olds and 30 seven years olds) and so on....
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by bougeoursie_Roo)
Fish that film was so poor par the acting! and romeo and juliet is best seen on the stage
Any Shakespeare is best seen on stage, well at the RSC or somewhere where they do a good job of it.

But any film, no matter how crap, is better than reading the book. But we have to read the book.
dark_angel
Rep:
?
(Original post by meepmeep)
Stratified sampling is when you split a population (a large group) into two (or more) smaller groups and take a certain number of random samples for each group in relation to its relative size (in comparison to the other groups).

eg if you had 300 girls and 100 boys (ratio 3:1, as for every boy there are three girls, so you need to take 3 girl samples for every boy sample) and wanted to take 40 samples, you'd take 30 girls and 10 boys at random. You can do the same thing with age groups (eg. if you had 1000 five year olds, 2000 six year olds and 3000 seven year olds (ratio 1:2:3) and wanted to take 60 samples, you'd take 10 five year olds, 20 six year olds and 30 seven years olds) and so on....
i think i get it
dark_angel
Rep:
?
I think the newer vid of romeo and juilet is really god, i like it how its filmed in mordern times but spoken the way it was wrote.
Matt the cat
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by thefish_uk)
Any Shakespeare is best seen on stage, well at the RSC or somewhere where they do a good job of it.

But any film, no matter how crap, is better than reading the book. But we have to read the book.
I beg to differ, Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet by Baz Luhrmann is the best version of the play that i have seen or read...better than any stange perforemance... it really is Shakespear on the streets of a metropolis...Verona beach
dark_angel
Rep:
?
(Original post by Matt the cat)
I beg to differ, Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet by Baz Luhrmann is the best version of the play that i have seen or read...better than any stange perforemance... it really is Shakespear on the streets of a metropolis...Verona beach
I agree with that, I had to watch the older version of Romeo and juilet was really boring compered to the Baz Luhmann one
eeve02
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I think the newer vid of romeo and juilet is really god, i like it how its filmed in mordern times but spoken the way it was wrote.
The video is great, i had to write an essay about it in GCSE. Nearly everything symbolises something else, like the water represented their love etc. Are you doing the same thing?
wooohooo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Bethany*
hiya i do child care and romeo and juliet @ skool, if you need any help just ask me adnt he othe rway round!!! hope you get on well wit your coyrswerok and everythin!!!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (385)
67.07%
No (189)
32.93%

Watched Threads