Perfect Timing to Release 'Tears for fears' Greatest Hits. Watch

This discussion is closed.
gayboy09
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
As I sat through the 9 minute adverts on channel 5 last night which interrupted Batman Returns, I became slightly more angered than normal.

This was because the "Tears for fears Greatest Hits" was being advertised. This is not the reason alone. I actually adored the advert when 'shout' came on. But then it came.

"Also including the hit MAD WORLD". The song, video and all, and also a red sticker on the cd case.
Infuriating.

Congratulations must go to the people that made the decision to release this cd, at this particular time, what a brilliant time to exploit the market. These producers are merely swinging on the coat tails of Gary Jule's cover which was Crimbo number 1, which I detest to the greatest extent. Howvere, you must admire the cunning and the blatency of the bosses who issued this release, a revival of an 80's song which has probably already featured on 4 tears for Fears compilations.

I hope other people saw this advert, and thought "Put Batman back on now you *******s, I wanna see Catwoman in here costume"
Danithestudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm sure my dad bought that...wait no my brother (now 36) bought that in the 80's ironically called "Tears For Fears Greatest Hits" mmmmm I think that's cheating
hattori
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
they're just trying to make some money
Michael Beaver
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Whats your problem? Why was you watching Batman ?

I like Tears for Fears. I have some of their CDs.
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by gayboy09)
As I sat through the 9 minute adverts on channel 5 last night which interrupted Batman Returns, I became slightly more angered than normal.

This was because the "Tears for fears Greatest Hits" was being advertised. This is not the reason alone. I actually adored the advert when 'shout' came on. But then it came.

"Also including the hit MAD WORLD". The song, video and all, and also a red sticker on the cd case.
Infuriating.

Congratulations must go to the people that made the decision to release this cd, at this particular time, what a brilliant time to exploit the market. These producers are merely swinging on the coat tails of Gary Jule's cover which was Crimbo number 1, which I detest to the greatest extent. Howvere, you must admire the cunning and the blatency of the bosses who issued this release, a revival of an 80's song which has probably already featured on 4 tears for Fears compilations.

I hope other people saw this advert, and thought "Put Batman back on now you *******s, I wanna see Catwoman in here costume"
I had tears for fears well before i even saw donnie darko, they are an old band is all.
And lets be honest, if someone covered a song you made, and was more sucessful with it, wouldnt you want a piece of the pie (excluding royalties)
J
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (2)
28.57%
Yes- I don't like it (1)
14.29%
No- I want it (3)
42.86%
No- I don't want it (1)
14.29%

Watched Threads