The Student Room Group

AS and A-Level history resources thread

This thread is intended to be used for anyone to make requests for any resources for AS and A-Level History (and related subjects) - including past exam papers, mark schemes, etc. Please keep any requests in this thread; any requests posted elsewhere will be merged into this thread. Please note that in replying to any requests, materials should not be posted as attachments to posts, but instead as links to external hosts.

For requests for resources for other levels and qualifications, please use the following threads:

Past paper sites - external

http://www.freeexampapers.com/
Edexcel bank - covers all options
AQA bank
OCR A bank
OCR B bank
WJEC bank
CIE bank

Past Paper links - on TSR

Russia in revolution (edexcel) practice question bank
Stalin's Russia (edexcel) practice question bank

Specifications

AQA
OCR A
Edexcel
WJEC
CIE
OCR B

Examiners reports

AQA
OCR
Edexcel
WJEC
CIE
OCR B

Speciman papers

AQA
OCR A
Edexcel
WJEC
OCR B

Grade Boundries

Edexcel

OCR

AQA

Useful revision websites

Revision notes on our very own wiki

Scroll to see replies

hiya, im doing a retake of the cold war in asia in january (OCR A F964) and i was just wondering if theres any textbooks or revision guides?
my teacher didnt actually give us a textbook and he's not too hot on the whole 'making notes' aspect, which is probably why i failed the exam the first time (not failed, i got an E, but still).

any help is greatly appreciated! :smile:
Reply 2
Basically, because of the new specification, I only have 2 past papers to try for History Edexcel and I'd like to do a couple more. Wondering if anyone had access to the 2010 papers or just know what the questions were?

I'm doing The Expansion and Challenge of Nationalism - Nazi Germany and Division and Reunification of Germany...
:smile:

Thanks in advance.
Just wondering because I got 64/100 in the Russia in Revoultion exam which is a C, I think. But if it is a high C, like a few points off a B then I probably won't resit it because all I need for the Uni I want to go to is BBB. Damn, I'm such a lazy underachiever :s-smilie:.

P.S. It's actually JANUARY, not June
(edited 13 years ago)
oh sorry dont have the january one
No I haven't sorry. So if a B is something like 38/60, then 64/100 is only 1 or 2 marks off a B, right ?

EDIT: Oh right that's June 2010 :s
Reply 7
I thought it went like this

80% - A
70% - B
60% - C
etc.
Reply 8
does anyone have the 2002 AQA AS history paper unit 2R.
Thanks
Does anyone have a link to any A grade past papers on the Unification of Italy or Germany? Obviously I'm not going to plagiarise I just want to see what an A grade Essay involves.

Thanks
Does anyone have good book recommendations for edexcel russia in revolution and crown and authority (especially james and charles ...the brice book we have is really confusing.
I'd appreciate any help thanks :smile:
Reply 11
does anyone remember the AS GCE UNIT 2M questionn paper ?
the questions were on propaganda and economy..
Reply 12
Reply 13
Can someone please tell me the question for june 2010 paper 6HI03/D. Challenge to facism, cant find this paper really need it! URGENT!!
Reply 14
DOES ANONE HAVE JUNE 2011 question for paper 6ec03/d challenge to facism! really need it
Can anyone tell me what topics/questions came up on the AQA HIS2A norman conquest, (medieval history) january 2011 paper?
If anyone could i would be extremely grateful :smile:
Reply 16
Does anyone have the AQA Tsarist Russia HIS1H History January 2011 Paper and Marks Scheme as well as the AQA Conqueror and Conquest, c1060–1087 HIS2A History January 2011 Paper and Mark Scheme they could uploadd or PM to me please. Many thanks.
i don't have an edexcel login and need them asap!
it's Edexcel GCE History, Unit 3 Option E (Superpower Relations - A World Divided) - the examiners reports from the june 2010 paper.
really need them: i sat that paper and it went badly!
any help would be muchos appreciated! :smile:
bump! anybody!!?
Reply 19
Is it the Cold War hoohah?

Quick Reply

Latest