The Student Room Group

King's EMDP 2010/2011

Hi there.

I'm interested in applying to the King's EMDP and I was wondering about the people who applied/got in last year, and the people who are going to apply for 2011.

What I'd like to know is the grades you're offering them:
- GCSE
- AS Grades
- Predictions
- UKCAT score [as well as all 4 scores if you can]

Mine:
GCSE: 1 A*, 4 A, 6 B
AS: ABCC
Predictions: not sure yet
UKCAT: 682.5 overall, can't find the sheet at this moment

Thanks to anyone who posts!
Scryus.

P.S. please include (if you did it last year) if you got in or not, I'm very interested. Thanks.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Well done on your ukcat score BTW how did you prepare for each section and how was the real test compared to other aid's you might have used before the exam
Reply 2
Hi,

I basically just used the 600 questions book, as well as the practise tests that are available for download on the UKCAT site.

Bump for this, I want to know about the EMDP!

Scryus.
Reply 3
I'm applying for the EMDP. :smile:

My UKCAT is on August 30th. :|
Reply 4
Hi,

I'm going to be applying this year to the emdp at king's. My ukcat score sucks sooo bad I'm at constant worry with my medicine application. I go something like 490 in it. do any EMDPers know how king's look at the UKCAT for this course?
My as grades are AACC and my predicited grades should be A*AA or more likely A*A B .
gcse's arn't great 3 a*'s 5 a's 4 b's.
Question - do you have to recieve EMA or be on housing benefits to apply to the emdp programme? Also has anyone been excepted to the emdp programme with a UKCAT as bad as mine?
Thanks.
Reply 5
Hi there, thanks for the posts.

@worker13:
1) King's value the UKCAT quite highly in comparison to other universities from what I have found, it's thought of that 10 A*s at GCSE can reverse this, although you clearly don't have this. However, the grades are I assume quite important as well so you should still have a fighting chance.

2) You do not need to be on EMA to apply. You need to be going to a school that is on their "list". Give them a ring, they can tell you if it is or not.

3) I'm not sure about any old applicants, that's what I'm trying to find out.

@Master.K:
What are your GCSE/AS/Prediction grades? Good luck with the UKCAT. When you have the instructions for each section, you have a minute to BREATHE.

Scryus.
Reply 6
So no-one else applying/applied to King's EMDP looks at this anymore? Seriously, can anyone give up some info! D:

Scryus.
Reply 7
yeah im planning on applying to the emdp programme.
actually i was hoping for some advice!
i was a hopeful medic and i applied last year (not emdp) didnt get in anywhere :frown:.
so with these grades is it worth applying to emdp. btw i went to secondary school in newham and FE college in havering.

GCSE: 2 A*, 7 A
AS: Biology A, Chemistry B, Maths B, Psychology A
A2: Biology A, Chemistry A, Maths B
UKCAT: havent taken yet but last year average was 615 but im expecting to do better because that was with no prep!

let me know what you guys think it would be a great help.
and does anyone know what other unis that do medicine take these grades???
Reply 8
heyyyaaaa guys..i got into edmp this year :smile: gd luck...i got in..my AS grades were AABB my UKCAT average was average 600-610 and my A2 results were A*AA, you dnt have to be on EMA
Reply 9
Scryus
Hi there.

I'm interested in applying to the King's EMDP and I was wondering about the people who applied/got in last year, and the people who are going to apply for 2011.

What I'd like to know is the grades you're offering them:
- GCSE
- AS Grades
- Predictions
- UKCAT score [as well as all 4 scores if you can]

Mine:
GCSE: 1 A*, 4 A, 6 B
AS: ABCC
Predictions: not sure yet
UKCAT: 682.5 overall, can't find the sheet at this moment

Thanks to anyone who posts!
Scryus.

P.S. please include (if you did it last year) if you got in or not, I'm very interested. Thanks.

its good you got a good ukcat score because you'd be put down for your AS results..i got in this year and didnt have as good ukcat score as you but i got better grades..so it could go either way
Reply 10
medicalkelz
heyyyaaaa guys..i got into edmp this year :smile: gd luck...i got in..my AS grades were AABB my UKCAT average was average 600-610 and my A2 results were A*AA, you dnt have to be on EMA

Thanks for letting us know and well done with your A2 results!
Reply 11
medicalkelz

Thanks for the help.

Spoke to admissions today everyone and they said they consider your ukcat score along with your personal statement, interview reference etc. I also asked about predicted A* and she said it isn't a problem. Also they don't really take academics into consideration so don't worry if you have bad as's, as long as you meet the minimum requirements.
Reply 12
medicalkelz

Well done....What was there offer to you?
AAA?
I got in this year/ last year!

All Info in my profile.
Reply 14
vas876
I got in this year/ last year!

All Info in my profile.

Your grades are really good. And congrats on getting two offers. Could you maybe shed some light in the admissions process i.e I heard read you have to do another admissions test could the PQA? What is that?

Thanks
worker13
Your grades are really good. And congrats on getting two offers. Could you maybe shed some light in the admissions process i.e I heard read you have to do another admissions test could the PQA? What is that?

Thanks

Its very, very similar to the UKCAT, its done on paper. I would say that some of it would be a little harder than the UKCAT, but overall once you have done the UKCAT its not hard.

The Final section is identical to the Personality test at the end of the UKCAT, but in the PQA its actually scored. So Id say that the PQA is a slightly better test. Again you wont actually be able to complete it, and will need to do some guessing.
Scryus
So no-one else applying/applied to King's EMDP looks at this anymore? Seriously, can anyone give up some info! D:

Scryus.

Everything you could possibly want to know is in here:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1070471

So start at the begining and read on through.
Reply 17
Thanks for the replies guys, I'm sort of working out that I need to get my A2 scores up quite a bit to stand a chance!

More posts would help more! Drag people out of threads and put them here!

Scryus.
Scryus
Thanks for the replies guys, I'm sort of working out that I need to get my A2 scores up quite a bit to stand a chance!

More posts would help more! Drag people out of threads and put them here!

Scryus.

The offer was BBC btw.
Reply 19
vas876
Its very, very similar to the UKCAT, its done on paper. I would say that some of it would be a little harder than the UKCAT, but overall once you have done the UKCAT its not hard.

The Final section is identical to the Personality test at the end of the UKCAT, but in the PQA its actually scored. So Id say that the PQA is a slightly better test. Again you wont actually be able to complete it, and will need to do some guessing.

I found some example questions and they're not that hard. Do you get your results after you finish or is it hidden? jeez, admissions is a lot harder for the EMDP course. I'm assuming you got offers/rejection after a very long wait?

Quick Reply

Latest