Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What questions to expect at Group Interview at Hollister? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miike1234)
    At the River Island interview they ask you to pick an outfit, what your friends think of you and why do they think that :rolleyes:

In a group interview they won't be asking questions like that to find out what kind of taste you have in chocolate but to see how confident you are talking in a group of strangers and if you're funny, quiet, boring etc

It will be all about the way you answer, not what you answer.
    To be honest I don't really care. I suppose the plus side of Hollister existing is that it takes the pretentious posers off the streets meaning that I have less chance of coming across them while Hollister is open.

ReputationRep:
    dumb question but is hollister the place where they only have little lamps instead of proper lighting so you cant see the clothing properly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruthi-SH)
    dumb question but is hollister the place where they only have little lamps instead of proper lighting so you cant see the clothing properly?
    Yup, there's even a Facebook group dedicated to it:
    Hi welcome to Hollister, would you like a Torch?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RightSaidJames)

Seriously, that shop makes me want to vomit. I don't know how people can bare to shop in a place that actually employs models instead of salespeople!
    because salespeople are useless anyway so you might aswel have better looking people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VersaEmerge)
    because salespeople are useless anyway so you might aswel have better looking people
    This pretty much (who actually ever says ' yes please' when asked if they need help?) , he probably just isn't very good looking :o:

ReputationRep:
    You people are crazy, I simply can't understand how people would want to go to a shop just because the salespeople are attractive - I'm buying clothes for me to wear, how they look on underpaid models is of absolutely no importance to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OneVinc)
    Yeah so hopefully I'll get the job since its a new store! I applied for Model. Which will obviously require something more than impact? I'm just planning on being confident, try and speak a lot without getting my words mixed up!
    Yehh hopefully! Yehh well as you've just put the one down you're less likely to get hired obviously as you're limited your options but yeh be confident and outgoing and I'm sure you'll be fine as long as you have the right look for the store

Good Luck! Let us know if you get it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethan92)
    Yehh hopefully! Yehh well as you've just put the one down you're less likely to get hired obviously as you're limited your options but yeh be confident and outgoing and I'm sure you'll be fine as long as you have the right look for the store

Good Luck! Let us know if you get it!
    Yeah, applying for one is obviously lowering my chances. What is the right look? In terms of what to wear, I just planned on dark distressed jeans, white casual striped shirt with grey shoes. And usually style my hair to the side (mainly cos my hair naturally goes to only one side and not the other)

Thanks for the help! Appreciate it!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, applying for one is obviously lowering my chances. What is the right look? In terms of what to wear, I just planned on dark distressed jeans, white casual striped shirt with grey shoes. And usually style my hair to the side (mainly cos my hair naturally goes to only one side and not the other)

Thanks for the help! Appreciate it!
    No idea what the right look is haha! Yehh that outfit sounds fine Just don't wear lots of make up, keep it natural.

ReputationRep:

Seriously, that shop makes me want to vomit. I don't know how people can bare to shop in a place that actually employs models instead of salespeople!

Because salespeople need soooo much skill!

ReputationRep:
    just put on a fake whiney american accent and you'll do fine

ReputationRep:
    You people are crazy, I simply can't understand how people would want to go to a shop just because the salespeople are attractive - I'm buying clothes for me to wear, how they look on underpaid models is of absolutely no importance to me.
    actually our wages are higher than a lot of retail stores..

ReputationRep:
    Favourite choco bar!? That is well random haha. How did you describe hollister?
    Haha I didn't get the job, but then again I said Beachy, Cool and Californian I think
    So think about what you're going to say beforehand but don't be too rehearsed about it
    Also, try to be really involved in the conversation, because there were 3 people in my interview who really knew each other very well and so kept on talking to each other and joking with the interviewer, making the rest of us all look quiet and shy. So make sure you get involved! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    They're not actually underpaid, they're very well paid infact

ReputationRep:
    I know they're asking you things, but when they ask if you have any questions please ask them why its so fricking dark in there? I've never even been in because the one in west quay (southampton) looks like a seedy nightclub. Smells odd too.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the info! Thought diversity would be the main question. Do you know how many people they usually employ? Cos loads of people have applied to this store, so not holding out much hope now..
    They employ loads of people, don't worry just be relaxed about it

ReputationRep:
    I got:

Describe Hollister in three words
    What would your friends say about you
    And something about favourite television program.

In answer to the first question, my friend said generic, superficial, a little bit pricey. He still got the job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miike1234)
    If I'm buying over priced clothes I want something pretty to look at while I'm paying, not to discuss the ins and outs of Anselms use of priori reasoning to prove the existence of God.
    I never realised Anselm's use of A Priori reasoning was so difficult. It's certainly easier than trying to figure out what the clothes you're buying actually look like in the dark, never mind if you want to look at 'something pretty'.

Seems to me like Hollister have nailed the idea that people who mindlessly spend money on overpriced clothes also like to think that the people who work there are pieces of meat to be ogled. What a vacuous world we live in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lollypop036)
    actually our wages are higher than a lot of retail stores..
    Yes, but you're probably paid less than other models.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by near_comatose)
    Because salespeople need soooo much skill!
    That's not my point, my point is that I can't believe Hollister (and Abercrombie + Fitch) are so cynical as to openly employ models instead of salespeople. This expresses my sentiments entirely:

(Original post by amiparanoid)
    Seems to me like Hollister have nailed the idea that people who mindlessly spend money on overpriced clothes also like to think that the people who work there are pieces of meat to be ogled. What a vacuous world we live in.
    My respect for the company is lowered further by the fact that they were successfully sued for unfair dismissal after a manager told an amputee salesgirl that she didn't fit the "style policy" and confined her to the stock room:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8200140.stm

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.