The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Same here! Thought my exam went well, did really well in mocks (A grades) and got a D! Got an A in my coursework as well. Shameful, sending it back
Reply 21
BillySharp92
Same here! Thought my exam went well, did really well in mocks (A grades) and got a D! Got an A in my coursework as well. Shameful, sending it back

This is good! :smile:
My script is on it's way - the exams officer says AQA are taking a tad longer to send scripts back ;/
Reply 22
I upgraded to 'Priority Remark' today; better be worth the £49...
Do you think it could be possible that there's one bad examiner marking our papers wrong?
Or that they could lose some of the extra sheets?
Wishful thinking I guess.
Reply 23
Law93
I upgraded to 'Priority Remark' today; better be worth the £49...
Do you think it could be possible that there's one bad examiner marking our papers wrong?
Or that they could lose some of the extra sheets?
Wishful thinking I guess.

You never know what can happen.
We had the new booklet and I didn't use any extra sheets. Usually if they're attached, they are marked along with the script as the examiner notices them, but it's if and when. I know mistakes like this have been made, but improving with technology so...

It's possible that the examiner could have been marking harshly.
I am not 100% sure one examiner marks *all* the scripts from one school - I assume not, as then they would be doing so on a standard for the school and not for everybody who took the exam in the UK. I wouldd think they're randomised.
Reply 24
Yeah who knows :/
I don't know how much longer I can play the waiting game for!
It's like having two results days to deal with.

So can you get the script of a paper back before getting a remark? I heard that if you get the script back you can't then get it remarked? Confused.

Best wishes everyone :frown:!
Reply 25
Law93
Yeah who knows :/
I don't know how much longer I can play the waiting game for!
It's like having two results days to deal with.

So can you get the script of a paper back before getting a remark? I heard that if you get the script back you can't then get it remarked? Confused.

Best wishes everyone :frown:!

^ What fudgeman said :P

Mine has come back and head of department will look at it on Monday and let me know about remarking.

Original script can't be remarked, but if you request a photocopy, then they can because the security of the exam paper hasn't been breached.
Reply 26
Ahhhh I understand
Really hope it comes back soon.
I just don't understand where I went wrong...
I guess a different examiner will remark it? As in not the examiner who gave the original mark?
Reply 27
Law93
Ahhhh I understand
Really hope it comes back soon.
I just don't understand where I went wrong...
I guess a different examiner will remark it? As in not the examiner who gave the original mark?

Yep - it will be a different, more senior examiner.
Reply 28
It came back- no change :/
Teachers marked the photocopy script in school and want to appeal against the remark
Does anyone know anything about the process of appealing?
More stress, brilliant.
Reply 29
AQA really need to sort out this paper. Drastically.

I did the AS Lang in 2009, and ended up getting a low C, which got sent back for a re-mark, which came up with a borderline C/B

They sent all the marks from our class back, and some people went up 20-25 marks!!

I can't believe theyve done it again. Hope it all gets sorted out for you.
Reply 30
Mine came back with no change :frown:
Reply 31
My school have sent the appeal in now
Teacher said it's "shockingly undermarked"
Rang AQA and everything
I'm so greatful that they're doing everything they can but the waiting around and the stress is killing me.
Apparently this process can take weeks/months?!

They think it's been undermarked by about 15 marks I think- that must be at least 20 UMS?
Don't have much confidence that the board will listen to them
I wanted the mark to increase quickly because I'm applying to Uni within the next week :/

Nightmare.

Latest

Trending

Trending