Law (again) Watch

This discussion is closed.
cobra
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Stop moaning about how hard it is in my anti law thread all those bandwagon jumpers bring it on urselves
Elle
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by cobra01977)
Stop moaning about how hard it is in my anti law thread all those bandwagon jumpers bring it on urselves
lol.. so any deep reasons why your so anti-law or is it just because of the financial benefits?
cobra
Rep:
?
Its because so many people seem to choose it without really liking it just because it can pay well making it harder for those who actually do it to get in, it may not be an easy course but i doubt you need to be an AAAA student to do well
George-W-Duck
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by cobra01977)
Its because so many people seem to choose it without really liking it just because it can pay well making it harder for those who actually do it to get in, it may not be an easy course but i doubt you need to be an AAAA student to do well
Bitterness due to the popularity of law compared to his beloved chemistry...
paymaster
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Law's great. Personally, I'm fascinated by the subject as a reflection of the society we live in. I really wanna do the degree, but probably won't practise afterwards.

My best mate, on the other hand, is a chemist. He's been able to follow his dream and get into Oxford, Imperial and Nottingham fairly easy.

I love my subject as much as him - but find so much more competition.
So don't knock lawyers, because some of them have as much interest in their subject as you do yours, but find getting the oppurtunity to study it that much harder.
JrW
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
im only 14 but im pretty mad about law.......it's such a fascinating and diverse subject that has to evolve as society evolves.......obviously, there are a lot of people who have an interest in it because the want the $$$$$$$ when they leave, but for those who have a genuine interest the $$$$$ is only an added bonus.......
Bhaal85
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Not all law graduates go off and earn $$$$$$$, as you so mildly put it. Only a certain percentage do.
paymaster
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Me2)
ah, but what if some of us would love to do law and have a job relating to law? its a highly diverse subject which incorporates many things, and with a degree in law, so many career paths open up for you...
Intriguing.... I'm doing a law degree out of pure interest in the subject. The skills learnt will serve me well in any career. Everyone else I've spoken to wants to become a barrister with their degree. I was beginning to feel a bit odd!
JrW
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
it totally agree
Me2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by paymaster)
Intriguing.... I'm doing a law degree out of pure interest in the subject. The skills learnt will serve me well in any career. Everyone else I've spoken to wants to become a barrister with their degree. I was beginning to feel a bit odd!
no, it puts you well up there in many careers, although they do tend to be in business/management or law.
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I'm doing law but i wouldnt want to be a barrister it doesnt appeal.
cobra
Rep:
?
I agree with most of your points and have no problem if you really like and want to do it, if some of you read back a bit i refered to making it easier for people who do like law to do it so you dont need AAA, its not that i'm on sum kind of vendetta.
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
The law workload is about 3 times that of some other degrees, unis ask for high grades not only because it is a competitive course but also because law is a subject which requires dedication. Unis see high grades as a sign of dedication.
cobra
Rep:
?
Some other degrees but i take chemistry as an example (as always) which has an average, along with other sciences, of around 30 hrs of contact time a week, that seems a pretty heavy workload, even if for law you're expected to read/learn a lot
LBF
Report 15 years ago
Will you stop this crap reference Law vs Chemistry.
They are different subjects, both with high workloads.
Shut up about it and write something useful instead for us lot that are stressing out over this whole application ****!
gzftan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by LBF)
Will you stop this crap reference Law vs Chemistry.
They are different subjects, both with high workloads.
Shut up about it and write something useful instead for us lot that are stressing out over this whole application ****!
Lol!...you sound a bit stressed mate...

G
cobra
Rep:
?
Yeah calm down, whats to get stressed about over the application, i dont mean to offend anyone
cobra
Rep:
?
Obiously all academic subjects from good universitys are respected by employers in a wide viriety(?) of jobs, it just surprised me, the insanly large number of people like law, and obiously the ones who post here do love law, maybe we should all stop arguing.
LBF
Report 15 years ago
Seems like the best idea altogether!
God, i need to chill!!
I would just love a reply from a Uni, atleast then id know either way!
cobra
Rep:
?
Well i'm sorry if i've offended anyone but i just like to voice my opinion however outspoken, and i have all my replys from unis
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (380)
79.66%
Leave (97)
20.34%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise