The Student Room Group

Why do virgins think they're better than everyone else

I'm sick of hearing of virgins (mostly girls but not all) who think just because nobody will have sex with them that they are better than everyone else because they have "waited".

They're all like "oh I haven't found anyone good enough to have sex with me, nobody deserves any of this yet"

There is nothing "pure" about being a virgin despite what you might hear, it simply means you are inexperienced in life and foolishly believing that sex is something dirty and shameful.

I have completely no respect for people who decide to "wait" unless they are doing for some religious reason (ok fair enough you like illogical bs) but people who think they are doing it for some rational reason have no excuse.

What does "waiting" actually achieve? What exactly are you waiting for? It doesn't exactly take much to get into bed with someone, it's quite easy to do. Why does it matter who you lose your virginity to? Whoever they are you probably won't know them in a year or two.

So my question is, why are virgins so up their own arse?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Stefan1991
I'm sick of hearing of virgins (mostly girls but not all) who think just because nobody will have sex with them that they are better than everyone else because they have "waited".

They're all like "oh I haven't found anyone good enough to have sex with me, nobody deserves any of this yet"

There is nothing "pure" about being a virgin despite what you might hear, it simply means you are inexperienced in life and foolishly believing that sex is something dirty and shameful.

I have completely no respect for people who decide to "wait" unless they are doing for some religious reason (ok fair enough you like illogical bs) but people who think they are doing it for some rational reason have no excuse.

What does "waiting" actually achieve? What exactly are you waiting for? It doesn't exactly take much to get into bed with someone, it's quite easy to do. Why does it matter who you lose your virginity to? Whoever they are you probably won't know them in a year or two.

YO FOOOL!!
Reply 2
I have never heard anyone say that and you are an idiot for generalising everyone who is a virgin.
Reply 3
This thread's more offensive than that other one. And even more generalist. I don't find it's the case at all - in fact, I find most virgins don't talk about it.
so youre a virgin then :ninja:
Reply 5
Are they?
as if anyone needs an excuse for not losing their virginity :ahee:
Reply 7
Virgins are boring,
They should be grateful for the things they're ignoring?

Pig.
Reply 8
Stefan1991

I dont understand the whole 'sex is impure' thing. Surely its one of the purest things a human can do? Especially to express their love...
Its so 100% natural and by implying 'sex is impure' you are sort of implying that the potential offspring are 'impure' aswell. Imagine that, saying to your kid who happened to have by accident 'you are impure'.

Jeez i'd be off my flaming rocker. Then i'd pretend I was damien from the Omen and start pushing people off buildings.. :evil:
Reply 9
I find the opposite to be honest - a lot of people I know who've slept around are proud of it, and a lot of virgins either don't really talk about it or want to have sex
littleshambles
as if anyone needs an excuse for not losing their virginity :ahee:

Ahh jus' peeped your sig for myselbst, and some tears came out of my eyes from the first piksha. Oh!
Stefan1991

Maybe because they're proud of achieving something? If it's that important to them to wait then of course they'd be proud. It doesn't mean they think they're better than everyone else.
Reply 12
Meh I'm a virgin, mainly because I have standards.

I've been offered by a pretty goofy 16 year old ( I'm 16) a hot but naive 15 year old and a mature, beautiful, lovely girl. Sadly she's only 14 so I had to turn her down :nooo: :frown:

It's standards, I don;t think I;m better than anyone though :P: Cus If I was good with the ladys I could pull someone my own age :frown:
Reply 13
A virgin turned you down didn't she OP? :colonhash:
Reply 14
I'm a virgin. Some of my best mates however, have had lots of sex with many women.

How does this make me 'better' than them (or vice versa)?

Please explain.
Stefan1991
Why do virgins think they're better than everyone else

COZ DEY PURREEEEEE
Reply 16
failingatm

Haha was going to say exactly this. OP got rejected.
Yeah, many female virgins seem to imagine that their virginity is worth something and a possession, something with value and that can be given away. In reality it is just something one hasn't done!
Reply 18
failingatm

Beat me to that comment, damnit - but your awesome sig made me giggle, so it balanced out =D
I'm a virgin and I beg to differ.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending