The Student Room Group

Why do virgins think they're better than everyone else

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
skyhigh!
Haha was going to say exactly this. OP got rejected.

:yep:

HE KNOWS IT.
I've never heard of this trend before, OP. I always thought it was the other way around, especially for men...
Do you mean Richard Branson?
How desprate are you for sex my friend?

I'm waiting and I'm 16 I've got time to find the right guy, so what's wrong with that? I don't think I'm better thna you or anyone and most virgins I've met and know don't talk about it.
So you prefer sluts then?
Reply 25
Stefan1991
I'm sick of hearing of virgins (mostly girls but not all) who think just because nobody will have sex with them that they are better than everyone else because they have "waited".

They're all like "oh I haven't found anyone good enough to have sex with me, nobody deserves any of this yet"

There is nothing "pure" about being a virgin despite what you might hear, it simply means you are inexperienced in life and foolishly believing that sex is something dirty and shameful.

I have completely no respect for people who decide to "wait" unless they are doing for some religious reason (ok fair enough you like illogical bs) but people who think they are doing it for some rational reason have no excuse.

What does "waiting" actually achieve? What exactly are you waiting for? It doesn't exactly take much to get into bed with someone, it's quite easy to do. Why does it matter who you lose your virginity to? Whoever they are you probably won't know them in a year or two.

So my question is, why are virgins so up their own arse?

first of all: shut up!

virgins deserve respect because u know they havent had sex with some random guy on the club or whatever; they think therefore they dont become friends with benefits and ****; they decide to wait which is what most women cant do nowadays cos they're just horny as dogs.

in all due respect to women who have sex because they're in a long term relationship though.
everyone can do what they like but i hate when someone says they have less respect for me cos of who i've had sex with. i respect it when people don't give in to peer pressure and that's why they're virgins but if they're just being stubborn then it's just silly.
Reply 27
Lantulana
Beat me to that comment, damnit - but your awesome sig made me giggle, so it balanced out =D

LOL, we are the best for thinking the same thing tbh. :yep:
Since when is it not okay to be a virgin? OP i think you are just jealous because the people who wait for marriage are doing the right thing rather than wanting to sleep with many people.
Reply 29
Coz a virgin popped out Jesus!!!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ok seriously is it ur business wether somebody decides to let someone have access down there or not....its not like we carry around signs and torchs sayin 'u r all dirty!!! stay virgins'. If someone decides not to sleep with you its there own choice.:cool:
Shup fool.
I'm a male virgin, and I could say the same about non-virgins. I remember being picked on in highschool when I was 14-16 because I was a virgin; I was supposed to feel inferior because I hadn't shagged a girl the moment I hit puberty? I missed the years in primary school when none of this was even an issue, we just had fun and enjoyed eachother's company. When highschool rolls around its a superficial popularity contest, and the more sex you have the cooler you are. I felt that my world spun in a different direction to everybody else - why was I being put down for this? I was only 14 years old!

Now I'm 19 and I'm still a virgin, and do I think I'm better than everyone else? No. Do I feel everyone is better than me? Not now. The thing is, I'm actually a good looking guy who gets on with girls just fine, be it when clubbing, partying or just anywhere. I've had countless opportunities where I could have had sex, but they were with girls I didn't know. Call me weird or whatever, but that just doesn't appeal to me. I think sex can be used as a tool for people you are deeply involved with and it can used as something spiritual. I don't want to turn sex into a meaningless thing by banging any girl I want.

I know people who depend on sex to feel better about themselves, who rely on it. But it isn't with people they love, it's with complete strangers. Form your own opinion on that.

This may not apply to you, but consider yourself lucky if you have found someone worth loving and they love you too.
Wow, nice generalisations there OP, you ****.

I'm coming up to 24 and I'm still a virgin. Guess what, I've never told a single person about it in real life, neither have I ever talked to anyone about sex or what I think about people who have sex.

And how exactly does being a virgin and not really having any interest in sex or relationships make me inexperienced in life and foolish? Life is about what you want it to be about. If sex is what life is to you then fine, but it's not for me.
Reply 33
They don't know that the purpose of life is to have sex
Reply 34
You're really quite an idiot.

To generalise virgins is pathetic - everyone is different! And if some people want to wait, good on them, it's one of the most respectful characteristic some can have.

I think you'll also find that alot of virgins are self conscious because of the fact they've not had sex - they feel no one wants them.

I've not met one virgin who is up their own arse.
Because they're pure, untainted and sexually unattractive.
Reply 36
Yes, those people who think they're somehow superior because they're virgins (usually girls who love to go round talking about how slutty other girls are or people with weird obsessions with 'morality') are a pain in the arse. I think it's fairly obvious this view isn't held by the majority though.
Reply 37
Bleak
I have never heard anyone say that and you are an idiot for generalising everyone who is a virgin.

I am talking about people who choose to be virgins, and are for some illogical reason, proud of their choice.
Reply 38
Skoji
This thread's more offensive than that other one. And even more generalist. I don't find it's the case at all - in fact, I find most virgins don't talk about it.

I fail to see what you could find offensive. Please explain? And in relation to the other thread aswell.
Reply 39
LouLou92
I find the opposite to be honest - a lot of people I know who've slept around are proud of it, and a lot of virgins either don't really talk about it or want to have sex

People who sleep around have much more reason to be "proud" then virgins who don't. It takes some skill and sexual prowess to seduce someone or convince them to sleep with you.

Being a virgin on the other hand is nothing to be proud of.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending