The Student Room Group

Why do virgins think they're better than everyone else

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
sugarjunkie001
i literally agree with everything OP says - one of the most common threads on TSR usually relates to people being 'sluts' or 'man whores' and how it makes them less of a person? there are far worse things to do with your life than sleep around (it's fun sometimes, get over it.)

i haven't slept with a huge amount of people (less than 20) but i don't judge anyone for however many they have, whether its none or 1,000. i do see comments on here quite regularly about people with these high morals that they love force feeding to everyone else thinking they're better because they've only slept with one person or no one at all or whatever. i'm not generalising this to EVERY virgin. just a lot of them. they're probably just bitter.

Thankyou, you have noticed it too. There is nothing wrong with sleeping around and having fun when you're young. You'd think most of people here are puritans, up for banning christmas, dancing, music, anything that can be construed as "fun" as they might offend the Lord.

Seeking pleasure and living a hedonistic lifestyle is not morally wrong, but natural.
Thankyou, you have noticed it too. There is nothing wrong with sleeping around and having fun when you're young. You'd think most of people here are puritans, up for banning christmas, dancing, music, anything that can be construed as "fun" as they might offend the Lord.

Seeking pleasure and living a hedonistic lifestyle is not morally wrong, but natural.

now we can just await abuse from the virgins.
I agree with the Op.

They prob have to put it that way, because if they don't have the feeling of being better than anyone, what do they have? Sexual frustration only.
Stefan1991
If you're going to bring your prejudiced bigoted bullshiit to this thread I suggest you get out.

MEGA LOL.
Reply 384
DaintyDoll
My God, this thread is irritating the f**k out of me. Get over the fact that some people choose to wait to have sex. I find it incredibly sad that you are spending a considerable amount of time, arguing a point that clearly almost no one agrees with you on.

People can choose not to have sex and lead boring lives if they want to, they just don't have to be so self-righteous about it.
Reply 385
ShowMeYourSpine
Uhhh, that's not what I said. I didn't say someone could know everything to do with handling a relationship, I simply put forward the possibility that someone could be mature enough to handle a relationship without ever previously having had one, especially someone who is out of their teens, living independently, working and managing their own life succesfully. What most rational people would consider to be a 'grown up'.

To be honest I really am starting to question your ability to read.

I quite clearly asked you what skill or skills you are referring to specifically. Once again you don't seem to have read my post properly?

You have to come out of the relationship having gained some quality or learnt something to better yourself. That's what maturing is essentially, no? Otherwise you haven't changed at all, and therefore you have not matured.

So what are these 'skills' specifically? And if you do finally manage to name them, please explain why they cannot possibly be learnt by any other means.

How to use sex as a weapon, what mind games people in relationships play and how to play them, how to tell whether a relationship is working/ really worth it or not, whether a girl is serious about you or taking you for a ride, how to avoid being manipulated or emotionally black-mailed etc. Basically how to handle relationships.
Stefan1991
How to use sex as a weapon, what mind games people in relationships play and how to play them, how to tell whether a relationship is working/ really worth it or not, whether a girl is serious about you or taking you for a ride, how to avoid being manipulated or emotionally black-mailed etc. Basically how to handle relationships.

How to use sex as a weapon? Ahahahahahaha you must be taking the piss. You actually consider that a prerequisite to maturity? God help you.

And everything else, well none of those 'skills' are exclusive to romantic relationships. All you've done is taken general social skills and put them into the context of a romantic relationship.
Stefan1991
What exactly are they achieving? I fail to understand how they are achieving anything from not experiencing an important experience of life, and pleasurable one at that. They are merely avoiding pleasure for the sake of nothing, it just sounds quite idiotic.

What again is the point of "waiting"?

What are those who have sex achieving in the long run?

OP, you're a dick. Noone likes you so get your virgin arse off TSR and go live in a hole.
Reply 388
Sir_Vile_Minds
What are those who have sex achieving in the long run?

OP, you're a dick. Noone likes you so get your virgin arse off TSR and go live in a hole.

Why do they need to be achieving anything? Simply not having sex isn't achieving much either.
Stefan1991
Why do they need to be achieving anything? Simply not having sex isn't achieving much either.

You say that virgins aren't achieving anything by being virgins which implies you feel that non-virgins are achieving something. What is this achievement of which you speak? An STD perhaps? Loss of respect in some cases?
Reply 390
Sir_Vile_Minds
You say that virgins aren't achieving anything by being virgins which implies you feel that non-virgins are achieving something. What is this achievement of which you speak? An STD perhaps? Loss of respect in some cases?

The point is the virgins I'm talking are acting as if they are actually achieving something, whereas you could actually argue more that people who go out and get laid are achieving that, doing nothing isn't achieving anything.
Stefan1991
The point is the virgins I'm talking are acting as if they are actually achieving something, whereas you could actually argue more that people who go out and get laid are achieving that, doing nothing isn't achieving anything.

That'll be because they feel they are achieving something which they are aiming for i.e. not giving into peer pressure or the media/general reaction to sex. I don't see why people (inc. yourself) feel they have to make a big deal out of the whole issue of virginity. Wanna sleep around? Feel free. Wanna save it for the right person? Feel free.
I have friends that are virgins and aren't religious and they sometimes make me feel like I am not as good as them bc I am no longer a virgin. They make posts about how exclusive and special they and they are always talking about how they can't let just any guy get the "best" of them. While I respect their choice i find it quite sad that they think what's between their legs is the best of them when they have other amazing qualities.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending