This discussion is closed.
ben2111
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Maby that´s a bit of a stupid question but I´m not from the UK, I apply for physics (Ma) courses at UCL, St Andrews, York, Durham, Manchester and Warwick.

Is that a good choice? What about imperial? Is it really that respected? And what do you think are my chances to get into at least one program, with a German high school (something like AAB-AAA, don´t know how they handle that)?
Thanks!

Bene
cobra
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Firstly ur international which increases your chances greatly + not many people apply for physics + you have good grades so i think you stand a very good chance at all of them
ben2111
Rep:
?
thanks! that´s really encouraging...
Peapod
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I agree, you'll be fine.
What are yuor grades in?
jaka
Report 16 years ago
I think your chances are very good... a friend of mine applied for physics at Imperial, Cambridge, Durham, Wariwck, St Andrews and ... (I forgot the sixth one)... anyway he got offers from all unis except st andrews... he is also doing the abitur and has a predicted abischnitt of 1.0...
ben2111
Rep:
?
you also from Germany, jaka? where from?
well, my abi average was NOT 1.0, unfortunately... but also not bad, my grades were in Physics, Music, German, Ethics. But interesting he got into cambridge but not St Andrews, very exclusive :-)
cobra
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Everybody applys to st andrews now cos prnice william goes there although its a good uni its not on a par with oxford or cambride or durham
ben2111
Rep:
?
(Original post by cobra01977)
Everybody applys to st andrews now cos prnice william goes there although its a good uni its not on a par with oxford or cambride or durham
OH MY GOD why does nobody tell me that earlier??? Thank you so much for finally enlightening me, seems the yellow press in germany isn´t quite active enough to cover minor subjects like uni choices of the famous royals! And frankly, I didn´t apply to end up in the same building with 200 mad reporters; anyway, good to know. What the hell is william studying?
Peapod
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ben2111)
OH MY GOD why does nobody tell me that earlier??? Thank you so much for finally enlightening me, seems the yellow press in germany isn´t quite active enough to cover minor subjects like uni choices of the famous royals! And frankly, I didn´t apply to end up in the same building with 200 mad reporters; anyway, good to know. What the hell is william studying?
History of Art.
He's lovely is Wills!
ben2111
Rep:
?
Oh, you mean it´s all about the higher financial intake... ****! But yeah, I guess that would be the most expensive application ever to volunteer for overseas fees ;-)

anyway, didn´t mean to insult all the British souls and lovely "wills" (help me quickly, wasn´t he the one with the constant drug abuse trouble? poor kid, can´t even smoke in peace)

OK OK I STOP!!!! Promised, I won´t drop any shabby comments about any royals any more, should I get offers I better get rid of that habit quickly.
ben2111
Rep:
?
and by the way, both my parents are art historians, if the guy knew what´s expecting him...
BossLady
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ben2111)
Maby that´s a bit of a stupid question but I´m not from the UK, I apply for physics (Ma) courses at UCL, St Andrews, York, Durham, Manchester and Warwick.

Is that a good choice? What about imperial? Is it really that respected? And what do you think are my chances to get into at least one program, with a German high school (something like AAB-AAA, don´t know how they handle that)?
Thanks!

Bene
Yes Imperial is very well respected and better than Cambridge in some subjects.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.57%
No (239)
33.43%

Watched Threads