The Student Room Group

Oxford: Medical Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 640
Original post by banananon
Aha, i'm sure i will! Are you going to request feedback? unsure of whether to.

no harm in trying, although they can be a little tightlipped. .
Reply 641
hey anyone international got an offer yet?? just so I can start counting down the number of places haha! my mail won't get here for another week or so. :frown:
Reply 642
Original post by pika
hey anyone international got an offer yet?? just so I can start counting down the number of places haha! my mail won't get here for another week or so. :frown:

lol yes please all international applicants who get an offer put it down here :biggrin:, ya i wont get my letter for atleast another week - driving me crazy:frown:
Reply 643
Offer from Oriel :smile:
Hi! I was just wondering if any of these people with offers are doing the IB? and if so, what are your predicted grades and what is your offer! Thank you very much!
Medicine could be one of the subjects next year that oxford will require 2A* to study. They have said 5 courses will require 2 A* and 13 1A*
Original post by fudgesundae
Medicine could be one of the subjects next year that oxford will require 2A* to study. They have said 5 courses will require 2 A* and 13 1A*

They are not including any A* in medical offers.
Reply 647
Original post by nexttime
They are not including any A* in medical offers.

From next year they almost definitely will be though.

Anywho, I have an offer from LMH! :smile:
Original post by lpassby
From next year they almost definitely will be though.

Anywho, I have an offer from LMH! :smile:

its completely different departments that are doing the A* offers though.... no medical sciences run courses have any intention of A* offers next year at the moment. i don't know why you think you know any better than nexttime who is a student lol.
Reply 649
Original post by John Locke
its completely different departments that are doing the A* offers though.... no medical sciences run courses have any intention of A* offers next year at the moment. i don't know why you think you know any better than nexttime who is a student lol.

Ahh, I foolishly classed Medicine under the blanket term of "science courses" that the BBC article mentioned, my mistake!
I also failed to take note of who I was talking to, my mistake again.
Sorry on both accounts!

You see why I have so few posts on this forum? :P
Reply 650
Hey everyone:smile: I'm thinking about applying, was just wandering how people are going about choosing colleges?? I literally have no idea where to start.. (except that some look prettier than others on the prospectus lol!) Anyone submitting an open application? Was also wandering if anyone has done a ukcat yet, and if they know any handy revision techniques for the bmat:smile: Hope AS levels went well for everyone, any advice much appreciated!:smile: x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending