This discussion is closed.
AllergicToFairydust
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Has there ever been a fire at your school?

Some prat set a noticeboard on fire last year and was expelled but it didn't require the fireman to come out *sigh*
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by a_musical_gal)
Has there ever been a fire at your school?

Some prat set a noticeboard on fire last year and was expelled but it didn't require the fireman to come out *sigh*
A school near my house has had arson attacks about 10 times.... it's mainly just mobiles now...

lou xxx
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The PE teachers at my school managed to start a fire in their staff room using their microwave. Theu evacuated the whole school, fire engines came and the office was quite burnt out.
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The caretakers house was burn't down due to main kids at my school. A science lab almost burn't down but the fire apparantly was put out before any real damage was done. That is what happens when you school is in Moss Side.
Dickie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I know there was a bomb scare at my school a few years before I got there, and there have been a few "fires" when the canteen people burnt something.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
When I was 14 someone (who had some mental problems and who went to another school) broke into our science block turned all the gas taps on and torched the entire place during the easter holidays - did my GCSEs in portacabins (It took a year and a half to rebuild) - the place was gutted with only about 1 wall left standing - and of course the radioactive sources meant it took ages to get declrared safe - it damaged one lot of the changing rooms and the sports hall too and wiped out all the PE equipment (hehehehe). The humanities/language block stunk of smoke for 6 months afterwards too.

We ended up with a spanking new science block though

Someone set fire to my primary schools tv room (yes I'm that old that my primary school only had 1 static tv (and no video) and we used to listen to radio schools programs - we also had a whole computer between 180 of us )
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
When I was 14 someone (who had some mental problems and who went to another school) broke into our science block turned all the gas taps on and torched the entire place during the easter holidays - did my GCSEs in portacabins (It took a year and a half to rebuild) - the place was gutted with only about 1 wall left standing - and of course the radioactive sources meant it took ages to get declrared safe - it damaged one lot of the changing rooms and the sports hall too and wiped out all the PE equipment (hehehehe). The humanities/language block stunk of smoke for 6 months afterwards too.

We ended up with a spanking new science block though

Someone set fire to my primary schools tv room (yes I'm that old that my primary school only had 1 static tv (and no video) and we used to listen to radio schools programs - we also had a whole computer between 180 of us )
#congratulations on your 2000th post!!
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by bono)
#congratulations on your 2000th post!!
Oooh will you look at that - and I didn't even notice....
Dude
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
Oooh will you look at that - and I didn't even notice....
yer congrates Pencil Queen.
Moochy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
ours has i rememeber that.it was ages ago and just our luck it happened at lunchtime. apparently a chip pan caught fire and the kitchen went up. we had to spend the lunch hour and most of the afternoon on the field.,
El_Borish
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
congrats pencil queen!

uh, we had a fairly big fire in nthe canteen once, had to be re-fitted a bit, but we DID have a couple of poisin gas alerts from this really incompetant science teacher we had. he did once make somehting similar to ustard gas - that was scary, lol. luckily no-one was hurt, but he stil works here :rolleyes:
cobra
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
When i was at infants school sumone threw sumthing though the wiondow at night and the whole room was burnt out and we had to be taught in the libiary for the rest of the year
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (529)
66.71%
No (264)
33.29%

Watched Threads