The Student Room Group

How much protein in a whole chicken (1.7kg)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
redbuthotter
Don't think so... will check later... its hard to take an average of all the different bits.... the only scientific way would be to cut the thing up and weigh the lean and fat bits.

you do realise chicken leg and breast have very similar levels of protein? it's just the fat levels that vary

so if yo uwanted to find that out, then ye cut it up and weigh and look up on charts lol
MattGriff
It will loose weight during cooking, and different parts have different values, chicken legs for example are considered red meat, while the breast is white.

Only thing you got me wondering is how much protein's in that ASSSSS
Reply 22
i have been eating a whole chicken every day for the last 2 years, i dont take any of those protein supplement shakes as i think they're a waste of money, i dont eat breakfast, eat a whole chicken for lunch and then for dinner i either have a steak (cooked blue/very rare), spagetti, noodles, or chicken again.
All of these have very high protein in them. lots of people say you must eat vegetables and fruit to maintain being healthy, but i dont and have never eaten either and im as healthy as a horse.
By ALL means im NOT saying, dont eat vegetables and fruit, as they are a part of a healthy diet.

I work out about 4 times a week and with my high protein intake have gained over 2 stone in muscle weight over one year. I have not one inch of fat on my body/legs/arms anywhere. All from just my protein diet and working out for an hour every other day.

So, my advice, chicken is one of the best sources of protein along with beef/steak, so eat wisely, do weights, running every now and then wont hurt to lose a bit of fat to show more muscle definition, dont take those crappy protein supplements, unless you want to waste money. Drink plenty of water to keep the muscles hydrated, and good luck :smile:
Don't you get sick of chicken?
Original post by Reflexive
Could you imagine actually eating a whole cooked chicken a day?

I do, but I have a protein deficiency so I'm trying to catch up really quickly just worried more about the amount of fat in it now that's the problem.
Original post by redbuthotter
Don't think so... will check later... its hard to take an average of all the different bits.... the only scientific way would be to cut the thing up and weigh the lean and fat bits.

or just read the nutritional value of the whole chicken

Quick Reply

Latest