Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else noticed a funny scarf phenomenon going on where people kinda loop it round their neck and thread it back through..?

Scarves seem to have become a fashion item round 'ere rather than for keeping ur neck warm, but I won't be broken!!!

ReputationRep:
    "Why are you wearing a scarf, inside, on a perfectly warm day?"

ReputationRep:
    Do you just mean looped round so there is a ring around the neck and two ends at either front or back?

I wouldn't exactly call it a phase in fashion, although the scarves themselfs are very much 'fashion items' in a way. -Lots of different colours and patterns etc.

I have some very nice ones, I got two for Christmas, one is handnitted (by aunt) and goes right down to the floor. Unfortunatly I never actually seem to wear them...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    Yeh.. there is that I suppose

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Do you just mean looped round so there is a ring around the neck and two ends at either front or back?

I wouldn't exactly call it a phase in fashion, although the scarves themselfs are very much 'fashion items' in a way. -Lots of different colours and patterns etc.

I have some very nice ones, I got two for Christmas, one is handnitted (by aunt) and goes right down to the floor. Unfortunatly I never actually seem to wear them...
    I mean like this: http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphic...rf1002_big.jpg

But people seem to have it more rigid and annoying!! *mumbles*

Maybe I'm turning into a grumpy old man!! It just gets to me though! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Surfing Hamster)

yeah, ive noticed lots of people weraing em like that.

i would like to take this minute to point out to you the grammatical error in your title. thankyou for listening.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)

i would like to take this minute to point out to you the grammatical error in your title. thankyou for listening.
    May I take this opportunity to thank you for pointing out the "alleged" grammatical error in my post.

However, may I remind you that there are two variations of the way in which the plural of "scarf" can be spelt - scarfs is one of them.

*throws a beetroot at you*

Thank you for listening.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)

comin from a physicist aswell.....nice going!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    in my house, its always freezing. never mind outside...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Surfing Hamster)

oh, come on, you should wear it like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanMushMan)
    oh, come on, you should wear it like that.
    :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I hate hats

ReputationRep:
    and scarfs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)

May I point out the grammatical errors in 'ive' and 'thankyou', to mention a couple? Thank you for listening

ReputationRep:
    i love scarves- i hve a lovely long black one that goes down the floor and a smaller pink + purple one.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    i love scarves- i hve a lovely long black one that goes down the floor and a smaller pink + purple one.

lou xxx
    hey i have a lovely pink one too its my fav

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadNatSci)
    May I point out the grammatical errors in 'ive' and 'thankyou', to mention a couple? Thank you for listening
    No, thank you for pointing those out!

ReputationRep:
    my mum pressed me into thinking up xmas prezzy ideas in novemeber and so i said "some more knitting needles" - not that I need them tho. Come xmas morn I've completey forgotten i asked for 'em and i think it really hurt my grandparents who got me some new knitting stuff... I'm now making it up to them by knitting them some blue and black scarves.

ain't i sweet

ReputationRep:
    i wear mine rapped round ma neckl for warm, and the otheer day the lower years (9, 10, 11) were like "omg! look at her, she dont no how to wear a scarf" how sad....

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.