The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

kellymichelle
oh and they love toilet roll.
its not the actual loo roll paper.. only the tube tho lol

they love the paper on the roll too! once a fortnight mine get a new toilet roll to chew up for their bed. :smile:

If a Gerbil lived for only two years, something wasn't right or it was badly treated. They need daily exercise and fresh water provided daily. Many people think they're just there and will get by living in their own squalor for two weeks, fresh water every few days and any standard pet shop food. Not an easy pet to keep if kept properly. :smile:
what would you consider kept 'properly'?
mine don't really come out of their cage - the cage is big enough and has enough things for them to do, they get clean water in a clean bottle every other day, I feed them on a bagged gerbil food (Jr farms) supplemented with a few mealworms or cooked chicken and while I clean out their toilet areas twice a week the rest tends to get left for a couple of weeks.......I don't think I've ever had a pet easier to look after than gerbils.
gerbils eat chicken ?:|
kellymichelle
gerbils eat chicken ?:|

They're omnivores in the wild, they eat bugs and things so it's good to get a little protein in to their diet :smile: usually I give them mealworms but if I have chicken I'll give them little bits of it

Latest