The Student Room Group

Lampeter

Just wondering if anyone studied there? Is it a good university?
I was thinking about taking film there, is it good for that too?
Anyone taken the course?
Information greatly thanked :smile: x
Reply 1
Hey xemm93! I am going to Lampeter this October to study English with TEFL. I've heard from reviews from past students that the film course is very comprehensive and enjoyable. The university itself is very pretty and the staff are second to none if you have any queries or worries :smile: There are only a couple of things to bear in mind when applying, firstly that Lampeter is tiny so if your really into clubbing etc it probably isn't the uni for you and secondly if your looking for part time work you have to get in quick as positions fill up fast!

Hope that helps a little :smile:
Reply 2
I'm coming to Lampeter to study Antropology with Archaeoogy.
Hi, I'm going to be doing Media Production at Lampeter this October. Bit nervous but should be fun. Have people had any letters of the uni yet? Like a welcome pack or anything.
Reply 4
Firstly hi Jon, it's nice to know i'm not the only one who is looking forward to being part of a small uni :biggrin: At the mo I only know one person going this October, if you want to get in touch my e-mail is [email protected]

To answer davewozere05, I haven't got my welcome pack yet or my book list which is slightly worrying as we only have a couple of weeks left.. I will probably drop them an e-mail or something to let them know as I kinda need my books for the English part of my course XD

Is anyone looking at joining any sport clubs or societies?
re: HollsRosa18

phew, thank god it wasnt only me. the only thing i have recieved is accomodation and a slip for me to accept my place but they only came very recently. they leave things really late by the seems of it.

Anyone wants to drop me a line my email is [email protected]
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 6
re: davewozere05

It seems Lampeter does leave things a little late, I now have my accommodation and the course acceptance slip but still no book list..plus I don't actually know which hall i'm living in!

Has anyone else been put into non en-suite accommodation? If so are you moving in on the 3rd or the 2nd? For me its an eight hour drive up :frown:
Reply 7
HollsRosa18
re: davewozere05

It seems Lampeter does leave things a little late, I now have my accommodation and the course acceptance slip but still no book list..plus I don't actually know which hall i'm living in!

Has anyone else been put into non en-suite accommodation? If so are you moving in on the 3rd or the 2nd? For me its an eight hour drive up :frown:

I'm in non en-suite too, (single, self-catered is on my letter from them) even though I wanted en-suite as...well...it's so much cheaper than other universities, seemed daft to pass up the chance! Moving in on the 3rd, as the accommodation officer has duly told me.

And don't worry, I don't know what hall either!
Former Lampeter student, not a film student mind, but I did know a lot of them. They did seem to enjoy it!

It's a strange little place, as I'm sure you're all finding out. Try not to get too riddled with Lampathy, go out, be active! Oh, and take a walk up to Falcondale Lake (look for it on Google Maps).

Latest

Trending

Trending