The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
~*glitter*~
it was really nice apart from it was VERY expensive, madrid was ok but it was really borin cus its not really a place for 13 year olds (thats how old i was at the time, im 17 now)

ok, I'm 19 and I still found Madrid horrible, you should visit Buenos Aires ... oh, that's a city... Paris in South America.
Rome it's great too.
Reply 41
foolfarian
WHAT!!!
That's because I'm a civilised human being!!!
NO-ONE could EVER deserve to be raped.
Why the hell am I even discussing this. I'm figuring admin have to come to their senses and delete this trash soon enough.

"when i say sult, i mean the high school sult. in other words, the girl who sleeps with all the best looking guys, and with complete strangers just for the fun of it."

Some people sleep around a bit true. They have sex with all the best looking guys true (this seems to be a sore point to you. Male or female you are blatantly butt ugly, a virgin and bitter)
But they do not deserve to have their bodies taken over by someone else. To fear for their life
You are both utter tw*ts
J

whos both??
Reply 42
Eternal Idol
ok, I'm 19 and I still found Madrid horrible, you should visit Buenos Aires ... oh, that's a city... Paris in South America.
Rome it's great too.

ive alway alway always wanted to go to rome!! it looks like such a relaxed place and so romantic
Reply 43
~*glitter*~
ive alway alway always wanted to go to rome!! it looks like such a relaxed place and so romantic

It's amazing, I've been there with my wife a couple of months ago and we loved it.
Reply 44
Eternal Idol
It's amazing, I've been there with my wife a couple of months ago and we loved it.

ur 19 and married?
Reply 45
~*glitter*~
ur 19 and married?

Yes, and I couldn't choose better, she's amazing, we are in love and we feel great together.
We meet each other in Argentina more than a year ago and came together to Spain 10 months ago and we got married here 3 months ago.

I'm a really really lucky man, I'm so happy and I got a great job, I can't ask for more :biggrin: :cool:
Reply 46
I know that there are a wide range of topics discussed here but this one really sucks.

You should be ashamend at yourself for bringing this one up and especially in such a callous and volatile nature -"rape: crime or punishment?". You have obviously not had the misfortune to suffer at the hands of this ugly crime.

The vast majority of rape victims do not bring it upon themselves, and men should have more self-control and humilty to respect a girls wishes if she "leads him on" or whatever other bullsh*t men hark on about. Rapists are men who should be grown up enough to keep it in there pants.

Want doesn't always get. and it certainly shouldn't.
Reply 47
Eternal Idol
Yes, and I couldn't choose better, she's amazing, we are in love and we feel great together.
We meet each other in Argentina more than a year ago and came together to Spain 10 months ago and we got married here 3 months ago.

I'm a really really lucky man, I'm so happy and I got a great job, I can't ask for more :biggrin: :cool:

im so pleased for u, congratulations. did u not think its alittle too soon? not that im disputing that u shud av done it because ur clearly in love with this woman, is she the same age as u?
Reply 48
~*glitter*~
im so pleased for u, congratulations. did u not think its alittle too soon? not that im disputing that u shud av done it because ur clearly in love with this woman, is she the same age as u?

Thanks, I'm really happy.
Yep.
What do you wear??!! Victorian dress?! Modern fashions are designed to look 'sexy' - does that mean that any woman who is wearing modern clothes deserves to be raped? I don't understand how anyone could think that someone deserves rape - it's an horrific thing.

I also don't understand how someone could start a topic as controversial, sensitive and - to be honest - downright offensive as this and then diverge into random chit-chat about nothing consequential. Are you going to answer the points that people have made?
Reply 50
rednirt
I know that there are a wide range of topics discussed here but this one really sucks.

You should be ashamend at yourself for bringing this one up and especially in such a callous and volatile nature -"rape: crime or punishment?". You have obviously not had the misfortune to suffer at the hands of this ugly crime.

The vast majority of rape victims do not bring it upon themselves, and men should have more self-control and humilty to respect a girls wishes if she "leads him on" or whatever other bullsh*t men hark on about. Rapists are men who should be grown up enough to keep it in there pants.

Want doesn't always get. and it certainly shouldn't.

thats what i wanted to say, women shud neva be subjected to such brutalities but when a man is standing up in court for a rape charge and he says "she was askin for it", the justice system will fail that woman because of what she wears how she looks and how she acts, i hate how women feel its there fault if anything like this happens. its obviuos that people have misunderstood what point i have be tryin to make
Reply 51
~*glitter*~
thats what i wanted to say, women shud neva be subjected to such brutalities but when a man is standing up in court for a rape charge and he says "she was askin for it", the justice system will fail that woman because of what she wears how she looks and how she acts, i hate how women feel its there fault if anything like this happens. its obviuos that people have misunderstood what point i have be tryin to make

Firstly, there is no question that a woman should be free to dress as she see's fit without being raped, molsted, or otherwise interferred with. Period.

However, what you've said above is complete nonsense.

Can you give me as a example a single case where a woman has been raped and the rapist was given a lesser sentence because she was dressed in a provocative way. Not hearsay, or urban myth........a case.

Never, have I hear of an instance where a judge has said "Yes, you filthy son of a bitch, you raped her, but what the hell, she was dressed like a complete tart so it's no big deal"

Rape is a statutory offence. Can you point me in the direction of any legislation that say's "rape isn't such a big deal if the victim is dressed like an old tart"

You advance sweeping allegations against the integrity of the judiciary in rape crimes but I'd be very surprized to find that you can actually back any of it up.
It's actually now illegal for the defence lawyers to mention the victims clothing/appearance during the trial (same as the prosecution can't mention the 5 previous convictions of the defendent).
Reply 53
Pencil Queen
It's actually now illegal for the defence lawyers to mention the victims clothing/appearance during the trial (same as the prosecution can't mention the 5 previous convictions of the defendent).

Sounds fair to me.
Reply 54
Howard
Sounds fair to me.

thus proving that weather a person is raped or not can be influenced by how they dress and act
~*glitter*~
thus proving that weather a person is raped or not can be influenced by how they dress and act

No proving that *jury's* can often be *wrongly* influenced by how a victim is dressed.
~*glitter*~
when someone is raped is their attacker the one at fault or do some people deserve it i.e by dressing tarty, what are your views??

women shud neva be subjected to such brutalities but when a man is standing up in court for a rape charge and he says "she was askin for it", the justice system will fail that woman because of what she wears how she looks and how she acts, i hate how women feel its there fault if anything like this happens. its obviuos that people have misunderstood what point i have be tryin to make

no i understand what ur saying. i agree to some extend on the way people dress nowadays... i have no idea about statistics but i would imagine that rape and attack rates have gone up since about 100 years ago. i think designers are becoming more adventurous with their style and girls in particular want to express themselves through their appearance and this can often lead to misunderstandings. i don't think u can blame it entirely on the victim by saying that she deserved what she got. often girls and women dress in a way as to attract attention and sometimes hide behind that mask in order to feel good.

another point which i think is certainely worth consideration is the fact that soceity now makes a lot more allowances for 'casual sex'. U can never quite determine whether someone as u put it 'is asking for it' or just likes dressing like that. in that respect dress sense and the way people act do tend to have an influence on men.

however...many rape attacks are NOT revolved around these 'tarty' women and i don't think it retrorespect we can not class it as a punishment for these women.

certainly i don't think any woman should ever 'deserve' rape, but in some ways i think toning down the 'sex appeal' could prevent some unwanted attention
Reply 57
bono
you are a blatant wannabee.

no1 deserves to9 be raped.
Reply 58
psychological research has revealed that 1/3 of men in the U.S would rape if they knew there was no chance of getting caught.

how scary is that?
Tinykates
psychological research has revealed that 1/3 of men in the U.S would rape if they knew there was no chance of getting caught.

how scary is that?

how did they find that out?

Latest