The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Jade
I have been given an offer from the pool. However, if I don not like this college, is it possible to get another place at a different college in the summer pool? And what exactly is the summer pool?

No - the summer pool is for students who only just failed to reach their required grades. Other colleges can then choose to take them ahead of their own potential students who may have fallen even shorter. For example someone who needed AAA and got AAB can be pooled and taken ahead of someone who got ABB.

Colleges make little or no difference to your academic study from what I have heard. Also people apparently grow to love their own college.

Which college is it and when did you hear? Did you have to re-interview?

Adam
Reply 2
which college and subject?
Reply 3
Jade
I have been given an offer from the pool. However, if I don not like this college, is it possible to get another place at a different college in the summer pool? And what exactly is the summer pool?

if you've got an offer then be grateful and take it.
Reply 4
I'd take the offer...cos even though there are differences between colleges...most of them are more similar than they are different...and you'll end up having a great time anyway!

G
Reply 5
Jade

when/how did you hear of your offer?
Reply 6
Lucy001
when/how did you hear of your offer?

I am extremely grateful for my place..I got a offer from Newhall for Law, by a telephone call.... Is this college good for Law. I originally applied to Johns, which was lovely, but Im gonna have a look around Newhall, hopefully fall in love with the pace, and have the time of my life at Cambridge!!!!!!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending