Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Aerial to VGA/DVI/HDMI? Watch

    • Thread Starter

    Is this possible? I want to use my PlayStation/N64 on my HD monitor. I'm not sure where to look for a cable that converts those circular aerial plugs into something that will connect to the screen though.

    buy a nintendo av multi out cable which you plug into your n64 instead of the little black aerial box, and the equivalent for the playstation

    n64 -

    playstation one depends if you have the original with the yellow and white rca jacks (use phono cables)

    or a newer one - use this type

    if you have a ps2 or 3 you might have one already

    Depends on what you're monitor supports you're best chance is if your monitor has a composite/svideo/scart input. Anything else is going to require some special converter (which is likely to cost a fair amount).

    If your monitor doesn't support composite/scart/svideo you might be better off getting a cheap tv (freecycle!)

    You're not going to get much better video on your HD monitor than you would get from an older TV.
Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: August 24, 2010
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you shell out for travel insurance?
Useful resources


The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.