Student Finance Has ****ed up so bad I'm at a loss for words Watch

This discussion is closed.
Taiko
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You didn't answer my question though, did you make a 2009/2010 applicaiton last year and not take it up?

I'm also not employed at SFE before people say that.
storm_jh
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
WHEN YOU RING THEM AND IT ASKS YOU TO PRESS A NUMBER, PRESS A DIFFERENT NUMBER AND YOU GO STRAIGHT THROUGH.

or at least you did last year, not had to ring them this year, written in caps so you all see it.
Manitude
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Call thm up again, and pray you don't get someone incompetant, or someone with a microphone which would be considered bad even in an early black metal album.

May as well just fill in the form if they won't change it of their own accord.
Then if it all goes wrong at least you can say you followed THEIR advice.

I'm still waiting for the second they ask "would you like to give some feedback on our service"
They must be the only "company" in the world which doesn't ask this.
Lifesharker
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by storm_jh)
WHEN YOU RING THEM AND IT ASKS YOU TO PRESS A NUMBER, PRESS A DIFFERENT NUMBER AND YOU GO STRAIGHT THROUGH.

or at least you did last year, not had to ring them this year, written in caps so you all see it.
Most automated things if you press zero or just leave it for a bit you get a real person. Not sure if this works for student finance.

They are unbelievably useless though.
storm_jh
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Lifesharker)
Most automated things if you press zero or just leave it for a bit you get a real person. Not sure if this works for student finance.

They are unbelievably useless though.
Worked last year, saved me a fortune in phone bills, the waiting times were like 40 minutes plus when i was ringing them.
Mimi_The_Awesome
Report 9 years ago
There seems to be no word that actually describes how bad their service is at all. I'm on my third application and have had at least one screw up every year.

The first year they managed to completely wipe me from the system once I changed my university due to clearing.

The second year they screwed up my course change and asked me for the wrong P60 forms from my parents and didn't think to tell us they were wrong until September.

This is the first year my application has actually gone smoothly. However word to the wise, if they're seriously taking their time over things, there's an email address to complain with on the actual student loans website. Once you complain things seem to happen, or at the very least you should get a straight answer.
Jennie1987
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Mimi_The_Awesome)
There seems to be no word that actually describes how bad their service is at all. I'm on my third application and have had at least one screw up every year.

The first year they managed to completely wipe me from the system once I changed my university due to clearing.

The second year they screwed up my course change and asked me for the wrong P60 forms from my parents and didn't think to tell us they were wrong until September.

This is the first year my application has actually gone smoothly. However word to the wise, if they're seriously taking their time over things, there's an email address to complain with on the actual student loans website. Once you complain things seem to happen, or at the very least you should get a straight answer.
Appalling? Horrendous? Incompetant? and in front of any of these I would put 'frightfully' even though it does make the whole thing sound very 'older middle class lady discovering a non-pedigree dog entered in a show'.
greatmonte
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by tarwe)
i've never had an indian call centre?
I never had till this week I think they must have changed recently
Toby236545
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Student finance is the most difficult site to deal with, filled in my password so many times to the point they said it was wrong even though it isn’t, had to redo my password over 3 times, I hate this process it’s never easy, every year I go through the same stupid crap
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • University of Oxford
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?