The Student Room Group

Barts and the London Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Medicine Man
Where are the die hard BL applicants for 2011 entry?? Where are the Jordan Carroll's and the Rollerball's and the Wink2kpro's etc. of the 10/11 cycle?

You don't get "the best" people joining every year. :mmm:

I reckon this thread will become more lively when the UCAS cycle actually starts, and probably a lot more when people get their interviews.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 41
_lynx_
Hmm well I've heard a couple of people on here say this (and at the open day), that the cutoff could actually decrease.

I do hope you are right. :yep: :jumphug:
Reply 42
win2kpro

I reckon this thread will become more lively when the UCAS cycle actually starts, and probably a lot more when people get their interviews.

What do you say to these stats for 2010 entry?

Applications: 1963
Interviews: 393
Offers: 382

Don't feel so brilliant now do ya? :p:
Reply 43
kalim13
I do hope you are right. :yep: :jumphug:

I do hope you are a girl :p:
Reply 44
_lynx_
I do hope you are a girl :p:

hahaha, lol, unfortunately not, there is no smilies to represent a man hug, hand shake or a pat on the back. so had to use the running hug. :smile:.

sorry no gay love here :woo:
Reply 45
kalim13
hahaha, lol, unfortunately not, there is no smilies to represent a man hug, hand shake or a pat on the back. so had to use the running hug. :smile:.

sorry no gay love here :woo:

:knuddel: oh crap I meant :shakehand: or even :beer:

:p:
Reply 46
_lynx_
:knuddel: oh crap I meant :shakehand: or even :beer:

:p:

:facepalm: damn should have looked more closely. :beer:
Reply 47
_lynx_

Woah! Is that for real? So once you get an interview, you literally have to be a social retard to not get an offer? :lolwut:
Reply 48
Narik
Woah! Is that for real? So once you get an interview, you literally have to be a social retard to not get an offer? :lolwut:

Well according to the e-mail that they sent, yeah... for 2010 entry at least. For 2011 entry, things will probably go back to normal - which is like 950 interviews, 650 offers or so (from the Barts website).

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=27905917#post27905917
Yeah for 2011 entry, things will go back to normal. Our bulge year has been compensated for with a smaller intake for 2010 entry - there are 80 or so less people in their year (relative to ours) to compensate for the ~40/50 people in my year intercalating and thus eventually dropping into the current freshers year.

So yeah, 2011 entry, I'm guessing is back to normal like _lynx_ said.
win2kpro

I'm sure thats right! :rolleyes:

FYI, the best people stopped joining after 2009 entry. :fyi:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 51
_lynx_

I didn't mean "best" application-wise, but as in regular posters in the barts thread/active TSR users. :colondollar:
Reply 52
Medicine Man
I'm sure thats right! :rolleyes:

FYI, the best people stopped joining after 2009 entry. :fyi:

That's* :fyi:

Thanks for that, I will let my fellow freshers know what you think of us.

:getmecoat:
with all the talks here of things going back to normal, do ppl feel that the ukcat cut off will be reduced from last year (665)?
Reply 54
Medicine Man
Yeah for 2011 entry, things will go back to normal. Our bulge year has been compensated for with a smaller intake for 2010 entry - there are 80 or so less people in their year (relative to ours) to compensate for the ~40/50 people in my year intercalating and thus eventually dropping into the current freshers year.

So yeah, 2011 entry, I'm guessing is back to normal like _lynx_ said.

How competitive is it to intercalate? Is it really oversubscribed?

win2kpro
I didn't mean "best" application-wise, but as in regular posters in the barts thread/active TSR users.
o i c... We'll see about that... :h:
win2kpro
That's* :fyi:

Thanks for that, I will let my fellow freshers know what you think of us.

:getmecoat:

Pedantic much! :colonhash:

LMAO. I don't quite think a shout out will work. No one even knows who I am. :ninja:
_lynx_
How competitive is it to intercalate? Is it really oversubscribed?

o i c... We'll see about that... :h:

I wouldn't know. You should ask someone who's been through the cycle before.

I'm sure there are figures somewhere if you looked hard enough, but tbh there are a huge bunch of med students who opt out of intercalating. Also, there usually is a high proportion of grads in each year and as they can't intercalate, I can't imagine it being too too too competitive really. Maybe some options will be more competitive than others but I know quite a few people in my year who have said they won't even bother intercalating.
Reply 57
Medicine Man
I wouldn't know. You should ask someone who's been through the cycle before.

I'm sure there are figures somewhere if you looked hard enough, but tbh there are a huge bunch of med students who opt out of intercalating. Also, there usually is a high proportion of grads in each year and as they can't intercalate, I can't imagine it being too too too competitive really. Maybe some options will be more competitive than others but I know quite a few people in my year who have said they won't even bother intercalating.

Our year is about 60% grads according to someone that spoke to us.
win2kpro
Our year is about 60% grads according to someone that spoke to us.

That's alot!
Reply 59
potentialmedicalstudent
with all the talks here of things going back to normal, do ppl feel that the ukcat cut off will be reduced from last year (665)?

When i went to the Graduate open day, a senior Dental lecturer, who is also a member of the UKCAT committee stated that the overall scores for the UKCAT increased and therefore Bart’s increased their cut-off (for both the undergrad and Grad entry). He didn’t imply the cut-off mark increased due to intake of one year against another year.

But i hope whatever the reason; they decrease the cut-off mark or keep it the same as last year.:woo:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending