The Student Room Group

Name my weird phobia ???

i dont know what this phobia is its really weird though :eek3: anyone have any ideas ?

i dont like touching cardboard and hearing it rub off my skin same goes for unvarnished wood and those icecream lollies. when i was a kid i used to have to hold the lolly with a tissue or the wrapper.
when i do touch any of them the hairs on my arms stand up and i always get a shiver going down my spine, and if i bite the wooden stick in the lolly i just get the taste all in my mouth and my teeth feel weird.

if i hear someone else's skin rubbing off cardboard or they kinda drag it on a surface that bothers me too. having to shake someone's hand who looks like they have dry skin is unpleasant for me. i just cringe when ever i touch cardboard is that normal ?

Scroll to see replies

Are you sure it's a phobia? It's not like you're actually scared of cardboard boxes.
Reply 2
Good luck with that. D:

My weird phobia is jewellery. :frown:
Reply 3
I am exactly the same- cardboard, dry wood, polystyrene. My psychology teacher thought I must have been trapped in some packaging when I was little :p:
Rescue Remedy
i

Enjoy
Reply 5
Papyrophobia and xylophobia. You should be glad for not being a hobo. Cardboard is their main insulant.
Rescue Remedy
i dont know what this phobia is its really weird though :eek3: anyone have any ideas ?

There is no actual defined term for a phobia of cardboard, but a phobia of wooden sticks/ice lolly sticks is called Hylophobia! I googled it :smile:
Reply 7
I'm not sure it's a real phobia. You just don't like it.
Cicerao

My best friend has a jewellery phobia! I used to not wear jewellery around her, but now it's a habit not to wear anything so I just never ever use any.
Reply 9
Claire_Spoon
Are you sure it's a phobia? It's not like you're actually scared of cardboard boxes.

no im not scared i dont go shout omg a cardboard box and run out of the room just the sensesation and the effects i have been having for like ever makes me think it is a phobia
InTomsWonderland
My best friend has a jewellery phobia! I used to not wear jewellery around her, but now it's a habit not to wear anything so I just never ever use any.

i guess i can understand that i know someone who got a belly button ring ripped out and someone got a nipple ring ripped out too. not to mention wearing big dangly earings ha lol i just think my ear will be ripped off if someone pulled it
Katie_louise
I am exactly the same- cardboard, dry wood, polystyrene. My psychology teacher thought I must have been trapped in some packaging when I was little :p:

i havnt been exposed to much polstyrene but the feel of the stuff isnt the best. i do like bubblewrap though lol haha i dont know where i developed this but nice to know someone else is like me :P
ScottishShortiex
There is no actual defined term for a phobia of cardboard, but a phobia of wooden sticks/ice lolly sticks is called Hylophobia! I googled it :smile:

thank you lol from reading my post again i might have 2 or 3 phobia of like the same things

i dont mind pencils aslong as they are smooth though !
i hate pearing them though uhh
HARRY PUTAH

Enjoy

LOL pictures of them dont bother me :P

if u had like loads of hands running over them and had the sound recorded it might freak me out though
Rescue Remedy
i guess i can understand that i know someone who got a belly button ring ripped out and someone got a nipple ring ripped out too. not to mention wearing big dangly earings ha lol i just think my ear will be ripped off if someone pulled it

For her it's more the metallic texture and the thought of it being warm. She's worse with gold than with silver but can't really stand any of it.

I have had friends get stuck wth their belly button rings in the front barrier at gigs though and then it's been ripped out when they've been pulled over by security. Not pretty!
Cicerao
Good luck with that. D:

Ah, that must totally suck. I have a slight problem with one set of jewellery in particular; choker. I have no reason as to why, but i just really dislike it, just looking at it would be enough to irritate me.

Off topic, but i find your sig hilarious, Cameron's expression just makes him look constipated, along with another distinction but i can't quite catch it.:lol:
I have a phobia of sand, anyone know what this is called?
Reply 17
Rescue Remedy
i havnt been exposed to much polstyrene but the feel of the stuff isnt the best. i do like bubblewrap though lol haha i dont know where i developed this but nice to know someone else is like me :P

It's not really a phobia- just a sensitivity to the texture and sound. Yes, my teeth get that weird feeling too. Polystyrene is the WORST- any delivery that arrives cased in polystyrene has to be opened by someone else :p:
well, how about the screeching sound when you scape a plastic ruler across a cement floor? :woo:
Reply 19
Uraprataphobia?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending