The Student Room Group

Applying to Two Courses at the Same University

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by divinademuerte
I’m applying to two courses at Essex for computer science. one for the computer science and another computer science with foundation. The reason is because I only have 2 A levels (Maths

If you don't meet the entry requirements for the "ordinary" course (it requires 3 A-levels) there's no point applying for it. It also wastes a space on your UCAS form.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 6 years ago)
The uni said that they would consider General studies but I was just worried in case there is so much competition and if they don’t offer me on the main course at least I could guarantee the foundation course?
Someone said the offer both courses and then you choose? If they are interested in you
Sorry the original post missed the point that I have 2 A levels (Maths&Music) and as a 3rd A level I have General Studies
Reply 23
The uni said that they would consider General studies but I was just worried in case there is so much competition and if they don’t offer me on the main course at least I could guarantee the foundation course?
Someone said the offer both courses and then you choose? If they are interested in you

Sorry the original post missed the point that I have 2 A levels (Maths&Music) and as a 3rd A level I have General Studies

Well in that case there's no point applying to the Foundation. :smile: It's likely you would be offered it anyway if you missed the main course offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you. I think I’m going to have to ask the school to change it. The application is with the school at the moment for the reference bit.
I just overthink things....
Reply 25
Thank you. I think I’m going to have to ask the school to change it. The application is with the school at the moment for the reference bit.
I just overthink things....

Just ask them to send it back, edit it yourself, and add another choice. :smile:

Or you can makes changes anyway within 2 weeks of sending it to UCAS.

Good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi,
I want to apply for two different degrees (biomed and nutrition) but same department of the university. Have there been any successes or rejections due to this over the past 3 years (not UCL)?
I ask because the past messages are either related to UCL or are quite old
Thank you very much (Doonesbury) 😊 for your suggestions.😊👍I have managed to change the course and added a new one.Fingers crossed they give me an offerThanks again
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 28
Thank you very much (Doonesbury) 😊 for your suggestions.😊👍I have managed to change the course and added a new one.Fingers crossed they give me an offerThanks again

Thanks for the update! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
Original post by science10111
Hi,
I want to apply for two different degrees (biomed and nutrition) but same department of the university. Have there been any successes or rejections due to this over the past 3 years (not UCL)?
I ask because the past messages are either related to UCL or are quite old

Contact the university and ask them.

But you will need to decide between the two at some point, and really that point is now, before you apply.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending