The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hey! Im considering to do accounting and finance but i dont have maths at Alevel, is there any point in applying

my alevels are A- bio, A-psych and B- chem and i have german at B for as level. I know i shud have taken maths but i only realised that business is what i wanted to do after choosing so :/
I have an A* at gcse maths so what are my chances?
Im on a gap year atm and want to get some work experience sorted..could anyone give me any advice on where that would be possible? ive tried to find a job but im too underqualified and there not really that many jobs that i am eligible to apply for!

thanks
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 21
gsc7
Hey! Im considering to do accounting and finance but i dont have maths at Alevel, is there any point in applying

my alevels are A- bio, A-psych and B- chem and i have german at B for as level. I know i shud have taken maths but i only realised that business is what i wanted to do after choosing so :/
Im on a gap year atm and want to get some work experience sorted..could anyone give me any advice on where that would be possible? ive tried to find a job but im too underqualified and there not really that many jobs that i am eligible to apply for!

thanks

call warwicks admissions team and ask them
gsc7

thanks

At Warwick for Accounting and Finance A Level Maths is a requirement.
Reply 23
yh, unforunately you do need maths

"In addition, at least A level B in a Mathematical subject (e.g. Maths, Further Maths or Statistics)."
Reply 24
ahh :[
i really want to go to a top university, but it seems like tho my grades i believe are good enough for acc&fin my lack of mathematics will stop me from getting accepted!

this sucks! lol i sppose im just gonna have to apply to the next best universities! apart from lse/warwick and oxford and cambridge what are the other good universites?

thanks!
Reply 25
Just wondering how demanding is the accounting and finance course?

I know its not going to be easy but I just want an idea lol

x
Reply 26
gsc7
ahh :[
i really want to go to a top university, but it seems like tho my grades i believe are good enough for acc&fin my lack of mathematics will stop me from getting accepted!

this sucks! lol i sppose im just gonna have to apply to the next best universities! apart from lse/warwick and oxford and cambridge what are the other good universites?

thanks!

For Accounting and Finance, I would have to say the ff unis are also great:

Edinburgh
Bristol
Nottingham
Newcastle

Glasgow
Strathclyde
Loughborough
Leeds
Manchester
Queen's Belfast

Lancaster
Southampton
Birmingham
City
Cardiff
Reply 27
Thankyou :]
x
Reply 28
Unfortunately because my decision to do accounting and finance was quite late I havent really been able to organise much work experience as such, I have tried to find work experience atm and a job but have nothing to really say in my personal statement as yet.

How much do you think this will affect my application as presumably most applicants would have had some sort of experience that they could reflect on?
xxx
Reply 29
gsc7
Unfortunately because my decision to do accounting and finance was quite late I havent really been able to organise much work experience as such, I have tried to find work experience atm and a job but have nothing to really say in my personal statement as yet.

How much do you think this will affect my application as presumably most applicants would have had some sort of experience that they could reflect on?
xxx

your presumptions are WAAY off :p:
sure, work experience would help, but its not crucial to the app

and if it helps, i started the Accounting and Finance course this year and not many people i've spoken to have accounting related experience
Reply 30
im slightly worried about my chances of getting into accounting and finance.
I know it is a highly competitive course and dont want to end up with rejections lol!

:/
Reply 31
about 10 people on the course don't have maths A levels ..... the other 150+ do though :/
not sure if that helps lol
Reply 32
lol
yeah, whic uni are you at though? because it varies from uni to uni

x
Reply 33
ohh yeah sorry ure at warwick which specify that they want maths at alevel for acc&fin!
so those figures arent really shocking ahah

x
Reply 34
hey i have 3 as in math, accounting and economics.. and a B in physcis at AS level..
i think my predictions will be all As... what chance do i have. how much do your o level grades matter and how much does your ps matter?
Reply 35
alirox
hey i have 3 as in math, accounting and economics.. and a B in physcis at AS level..
i think my predictions will be all As... what chance do i have. how much do your o level grades matter and how much does your ps matter?

you have a good chance. PS is very important, much so more than your O level grades

Latest

Trending

Trending