This discussion is closed.
Pollo Loco
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Anyone done audition for this at Cam? Or Girton in particular? Whats involved for the audition?
kat
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Pollo Loco)
Anyone done audition for this at Cam? Or Girton in particular? Whats involved for the audition?
yep i auditioned in sept, a whole week of vigorous auditions and singing in the chapel! i got a choral scholarship but afta all that i didnt get an acadenic place! which was quite annoying as i felt i had gone thro soo much jst 2 get that-they shudnt of given me that if they didnt think id get in!
i dont know about girton, i take it 4 that do they audition wen u get there, i presume ull hav 2 perform a peice then aural tests, sight reading and scales etc
Pollo Loco
Rep:
?
(Original post by kat)
yep i auditioned in sept, a whole week of vigorous auditions and singing in the chapel! i got a choral scholarship but afta all that i didnt get an acadenic place! which was quite annoying as i felt i had gone thro soo much jst 2 get that-they shudnt of given me that if they didnt think id get in!
i dont know about girton, i take it 4 that do they audition wen u get there, i presume ull hav 2 perform a peice then aural tests, sight reading and scales etc
Sent you a PM
musicbloke
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I guess you will have uditions with Dr Ennis. he interviewed me from the pool and seems like a very nice guy.

Musicboy
Pollo Loco
Rep:
?
(Original post by musicboy)
I guess you will have uditions with Dr Ennis. he interviewed me from the pool and seems like a very nice guy.

Musicboy
Yep thats correct. Glad to hear he's a 'nice guy'
Suzy_vet
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
You auditioning fora choral scholarship pollo loco?
JrW
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by kat)
hi......do u reckon that it is possible to get a choral scholarship if someone intends to study Law with Law Studies in Europe?
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by jamierwilliams)
hi......do u reckon that it is possible to get a choral scholarship if someone intends to study Law with Law Studies in Europe?
I don't see why the subject you wish to do would make a difference...
JrW
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by kildare)
its just the fact that the third year is spent abroad.....and then you return for a fourth year. this might be a problem from a choral scholarship?!?!?!
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by jamierwilliams)
its just the fact that the third year is spent abroad.....and then you return for a fourth year. this might be a problem from a choral scholarship?!?!?!
Oh right, errr maybe they just give you the scholarship for the 3 years you're there. I'd be suprised if you were automatically precluded from even applying though.
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by kildare)
It does, in some cases. There are some choirs which, while it may not be completely banned, very rarely have choral scholars who do medicine or vet med. It is believed that they just can't cope with the workload and the choir commitment. I shouldn't see that the Law one should be a problem though.
Pollo Loco
Rep:
?
(Original post by Suzy_vet)
You auditioning fora choral scholarship pollo loco?

Yep, Girton site says the commitment for the choir isn't as much as others and would suit someone on Tripos courses.
kat
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by musicboy)

Musicboy
did u get a place at girton through the pool then?
kat
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
well i applied to trinity which has the best mixed choir, so they like to do a thorough audition
and we were there a wkend b4 all the other sops arrived, as we had college auditions, then the auditions that everyone else had in front of all the organ scholars etc then they auditioned u aswell(if they wanted u!)

but im sure a girton ull just b there 4 20 mins or so and do aural sight singing and a peice
musicbloke
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by kat)
did u get a place at girton through the pool then?
no I got a place for music at robinson - much more convenient location - five minutes from the music faculty
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (152)
60.8%
Yes- I don't like it (11)
4.4%
No- I want it (70)
28%
No- I don't want it (17)
6.8%

Watched Threads