do all slim girls have tiny appetites or be strict with themselves Watch

bombay123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
im a size 12, i have small boobs, feel outta proportion and just wnna lose a few pounds..

h/o at the moment i can eat whatever **** i want, drink every night and not gain weight. and still not incredibly fat or anything, and i do have a reasonble appetitie.

but im basically wondering, if you think a diet is not just for a few weeeks, its for life?
ive noticed a couple of size 8 girls dont eat much on their plate. i mean i can diet for a few weeks, but i cant imagine living on a constant diet....
i was just wondering what your experiences are. do we all have a natural size, and if we want to be slimmer, have to always make healthy choices and not eat as much as we really feel we want to?
Flyer8
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Eat healthy.Drink responsibly.Excise daily.

That's the way.

Diet is unnatural, but that's just my opinion.
hannah_dru
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I've always had a small appetite and always been slim (size 8-10). I do diet but I'm not on a constant one really, I just try and eat everything in moderation. I do try to mostly make healthy choices but if I'm hungry I'll eat something.
Redbeard the Mighty
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Didn't you know the only way to get to size 8 is to give up food and go on an IV drip?
d123
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I know someone who is tiny but eats loads. As in, she'll have a 200g bar of dairy milk for a snack. She's got great skin and an amazing figure.

Not fair.

To be fair, I eat loads and while I'm not tiny, I'm a size 8-10, with some slim bits (e.g. waist) and some slightly less slim bits (especially thighs). Different people have different metabolisms and different natural sizes.
BNP Tasha Djanovic
Report 9 years ago
I have a huge appetite and I'm a size 4. I guess it's just metabolism.
When will I know?
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Mine varies, sometimes i eat a lot, other times i dont have much.
Some of my friends ask me where all my food goes, others try to force feed me :|
linkdapink
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Well, I was thinking this. There's a lady at weight watchers (the leader) who lost 6stone in a year... and all I thought was "wow, she's going to be on weight watchers the rest of her life". I asked her about this, and she was saying how she doesn't really make a note of what she's eating any more, but eats sensibly. However, I can't imagine not being able to go out and eat a huge bar of chocolate when I wanted (which is how I got myself into this mess... oh well, a healthy BMI now, so I'm getting it all off!)
Anonymous #1
Report 9 years ago
I have a large appetite but a very fast metabolism, if anything I have to eat a lot so that I don't lose weight
Vampire-Love4ever
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Not eat at all. Hit the gym everyday.
lovesalad
Report 9 years ago
I need at least 3 substantial meals (MEAT + CARBS!) every day (sometimes 4) and snack all day too. My name is a joke, but I do love salad, I can eat an iceberg lettuce whole, so i do have a healthy diet.
i'm a size 6-8 english sizes, but when i went to the states i had to buy 00.

so yeah this mythical skinny girl who eats like an obese man does exist!
starforsure
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Mum cooks everything from scratch with less oil and serves lots of salads. My sister and I have never been fond of take-aways so its not like I consciously diet, but we just tend to eat healthier and I guess it shows.

I can assure you girls who eat less and then eat something sugary to raise their blood sugar are only harming themselves. Poor eating habits can lead to slowing down of one's metabolism.
pina.Love
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I don't think I am lucky or unlucky.
I eat crap I gain weight, If I don't eat crap I lose/don't gain weight.

I do not think gaining fat is genetic I think where the fat is being stored is. If someone is eating loads of crap and appears to be an 6/8/10 they are fat but do not appear fat (stored between the organs).
It maybe unfortunate that some people have to make more of an effort then others to look slim but health is important, its better to look unhealthy and be unhealthy then to be look healthy and actually be unhealthy in the inside (if that makes sense)
aeterno
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I eat like a pig, I just have a high metabolism :p:

Although I think I'm doomed when I get older and a sedentary lifestyle awaits me. Fun fun fun!
Cross_Your_Fingers
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Exercise everyday - i take my dog for an hour's power walking, plus dancing (without the dog) a few times a week. I have a massive appetite but quite a balanced diet. If I don't eat very much for 2-4 days then I can lose weight very quickly if I've put on a few pounds - and keep it off.
theteenagecurse
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by bombay123)
im a size 12, i have small boobs, feel outta proportion and just wnna lose a few pounds..

h/o at the moment i can eat whatever **** i want, drink every night and not gain weight. and still not incredibly fat or anything, and i do have a reasonble appetitie.

but im basically wondering, if you think a diet is not just for a few weeeks, its for life?
ive noticed a couple of size 8 girls dont eat much on their plate. i mean i can diet for a few weeks, but i cant imagine living on a constant diet....
i was just wondering what your experiences are. do we all have a natural size, and if we want to be slimmer, have to always make healthy choices and not eat as much as we really feel we want to?
I'm a size 6/8 and eat more than a lot of size 12s that I know... I think that some people are born naturally slim... of course it is posisble to lose weight. My best friend went from a size 12/14 to a size 10/12 and looks great... healthy eating & exercise is the way forward.
bombay123
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
i could diet but i just cant imagine living like ' i better not eat that, ive eaten enough today' , or 'thats unhealthy' and having to go to the gym every day....cuz at the moment i can remain a normal size and just eat the junk i like and the drink i like.

i like to lose weight but i just cant imagine living liek that as i crave carbs and then i crave chocolate after!
mel0n
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I am fairly slim and I eat like a whale.
Charlottielottie
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It is definitely possible to be a size 6 and eat what you like, when you like, but it helps if what you like is salad and vegetables and when you like it is once or twice a day.
skatealexia
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm slim, and I don't eat enormous amounts, but I eat healthily
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
5.95%
They might tell the bully (19)
10.27%
I don't think they'd understand (32)
17.3%
It might lead to more bullying (70)
37.84%
There's nothing they could do (53)
28.65%

Watched Threads