This discussion is closed.
material breach
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by foolfarian)
Rubbish, guys do it all the time. They just make out its more jokey.
J
i would agree that some guys do it, but women are so much better and more advance at it and use the smallest of things against people as well as just using a bit of artistic liscence when telling stories as if they were true ps im not suggesting for one moment all women are like this before i get lynched its just the girls who do it are worse (better at it, confusing) than the boys who do it
hitchhiker_13
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Women get such bad press on this forum. Sure some girls can be *****y, but boys can just as bad. Girls might ***** about each other, but most also have really good friends who they can trust and talk to about anything. All the strongest friendships i've ever seen are female. I know men can have just as good relationships, but think they are less common.

If boys do bottle things up, we all know the effect this can have. Men don't talk about their problems and this is why the suicide rate among them is much higher than with women.

P.S. I go to an all girls school, after a mixed primary school, and don't find it at all depressing. I have a great time, and it hasn't stopped me meeting with boys or made me any more awkward around them. As long as you have a normal social life you will have plenty of interaction.
material breach
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by hitchhiker_13)
Women get such bad press on this forum. Sure some girls can be *****y, but boys can just as bad. Girls might ***** about each other, but most also have really good friends who they can trust and talk to about anything. All the strongest friendships i've ever seen are female. I know men can have just as good relationships, but think they are less common.

If boys do bottle things up, we all know the effect this can have. Men don't talk about their problems and this is why the suicide rate among them is much higher than with women.

P.S. I go to an all girls school, after a mixed primary school, and don't find it at all depressing. I have a great time, and it hasn't stopped me meeting with boys or made me any more awkward around them. As long as you have a normal social life you will have plenty of interaction.
sorry i dont mean to sound like a male chaunvist pig at all im really sorry if it comes across that way (disadvantage of internet over real life)

i think that friendships between blokes and blokes are very different to females and females, i totally agree with you about men bottling up their emotions and i dont think that this is a good thing at all, but i think friendships can just as strong only slightly different in nature
Custard
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Lumpy custard aswell as havin incredible tatse in names me bein custard u bein lumpy custard u r totally right. I'm a girl but i've just been through tht ***** phase which may i say is most unflatterin an girls r b*tches but i tend to say wat i fink an to ppls faces even tho i can be abit to harsh sometimes the world would be a much beta place if evry1 was just nasty to each other straight up eg. 'Dude u r a bit ova weight lose a few pounds get more guys' etc. etc.
material breach
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Custard)
Lumpy custard aswell as havin incredible tatse in names me bein custard u bein lumpy custard u r totally right. I'm a girl but i've just been through tht ***** phase which may i say is most unflatterin an girls r b*tches but i tend to say wat i fink an to ppls faces even tho i can be abit to harsh sometimes the world would be a much beta place if evry1 was just nasty to each other straight up eg. 'Dude u r a bit ova weight lose a few pounds get more guys' etc. etc
a very honest post, im not sure i agree about the last bit, if dont know something then you cannot get upset about it surely?
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Lumpy custard aswell as havin incredible tatse in names me bein custard u bein lumpy custard u r totally right. I'm a girl but i've just been through tht ***** phase which may i say is most unflatterin an girls r b*tches but i tend to say wat i fink an to ppls faces even tho i can be abit to harsh sometimes the world would be a much beta place if evry1 was just nasty to each other straight up eg. 'Dude u r a bit ova weight lose a few pounds get more guys' etc. etc.
thanks about the name!!!!! hehehe

gd 4 U!!!!! but id b a bit mad if soemone said that 2 me lololol
hitchhiker_13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Speciez99)
sorry i dont mean to sound like a male chaunvist pig at all im really sorry if it comes across that way (disadvantage of internet over real life)

i think that friendships between blokes and blokes are very different to females and females, i totally agree with you about men bottling up their emotions and i dont think that this is a good thing at all, but i think friendships can just as strong only slightly different in nature

Thanks, but I wasn't really talking to you, I don't think you've come across as a male chauvinist pig at all. You've made some valid points. One I'd disagree with you on is how it's better to dislike someone openly. I don't think there's any point in this as some people, perhaps especially girls, could be quite hurt by this. Of course I don't think you should ***** about them either. I think if you don't like someone, but there's no specific reason, i.e. they haven't done anything wrong you're just "incompatible", you keep it to yourself and get along with them as best you can when it is required. If there is some particular thing they've done however thst you find offensive or something, then it probably is better to bring it up with them (gently) and you might get it all sorted, which is better than *****ing or a fist fight.
material breach
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by hitchhiker_13 )
Thanks, but I wasn't really talking to you, I don't think you've come across as a male chauvinist pig at all. You've made some valid points. One I'd disagree with you on is how it's better to dislike someone openly. I don't think there's any point in this as some people, perhaps especially girls, could be quite hurt by this. Of course I don't think you should ***** about them either. I think if you don't like someone, but there's no specific reason, i.e. they haven't done anything wrong you're just "incompatible", you keep it to yourself and get along with them as best you can when it is required. If there is some particular thing they've done however thst you find offensive or something, then it probably is better to bring it up with them (gently) and you might get it all sorted, which is better than *****ing or a fist fight.
totally agree with u, it was custard that said u should tell them straight out
a very honest post, im not sure i agree about the last bit, if dont know something then you cannot get upset about it surely?
hitchhiker_13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
totally agree with u, it was custard that said u should tell them straight out

oops, my mistake! sorry
material breach
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by hitchhiker_13 )
oops, my mistake! sorry
no probs
Custard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well then the girls strips away the punds an all of the sudden feels an looks like a princess. its amazin.
u c not so long ago me an a distant mate were real beautiful as we has acne well i could c it as u can imagine, but it just lingered for ages eventually i got rid an now my complextion is flawless aswell is hers (the distant mate)ell now i am now shes bankin in the lads they all follow her an as for me i look about 5 yrs older than i am so neva attract the right kind of attention but any way gettin more to the point i felt so much beta gettin rid of the spots me an her felt so much beta it really did boast my self-esteem in the long run its so worth critisizin.
I believe tht its helpin som1 an not runnin them down cos i only tell the utmost truth to my closest friends i feel so strongly for so they may be happy. look good feel great an mirrors do lie cos u c wat u want to c!!
material breach
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well then the girls strips away the punds an all of the sudden feels an looks like a princess. its amazin.
u c not so long ago me an a distant mate were real beautiful as we has acne well i could c it as u can imagine, but it just lingered for ages eventually i got rid an now my complextion is flawless aswell is hers (the distant mate)ell now i am now shes bankin in the lads they all follow her an as for me i look about 5 yrs older than i am so neva attract the right kind of attention but any way gettin more to the point i felt so much beta gettin rid of the spots me an her felt so much beta it really did boast my self-esteem in the long run its so worth critisizin.
I believe tht its helpin som1 an not runnin them down cos i only tell the utmost truth to my closest friends i feel so strongly for so they may be happy. look good feel great an mirrors do lie cos u c wat u want to c!!
wow that was a struggle to understand, you 2 are obviously really good mates and i would expect the same of mine, however if you dont like someone because of their manners ie arrogant, then its better to keep it to yourself and ignore them rather than actively **** them off
hitchhiker_13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Don't you think most people who ar a little overweight are perfectly aware of this fact? Therefore reminding them of it will not help at all.
Custard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Don't you think most people who ar a little overweight are perfectly aware of this fact? Therefore reminding them of it will not help at all.
Not really, no. You see some girls walking down the street wearing belly tops and micro-minis and they are, I'm very sorry if i offend you but, fat. They cannot be aware of the size if they are letting flab hang over the shortest skirt i have seen. If I'd put on a few pounds and was not aware I'd honestly like my friends to tell me.
I used the over weight thing as an extreme example as none of my friends are even remotely over weight. Its actually terrible the amount of children these days that are. Its putting their life at risk when you think about it logically which we all should often do.

I love my friends so much and I'm not really best please at the fact someone before hitchhiker (sorry i didn't get the handle) hinted at me ****ging of my mates actively. If you knew anything about me and any of my relationships you'd know that I would not go out of my way to hurt my friends. My closest gang of friends consist of 4 of us and we tell each other everything, including criticism. We feel it makes us stronger as people to beable to handle what eachother say. If the world was more truthful, wouldn't it be a better place? Or is that me being to naive?

I'm am extremely sorry if i even remotely upset you in any way possible in this reply
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
personally, id much prefer someone to be nice to my face and **** me off behind my back then just come out and say they dont like me.

if you put something on and it looked wrong....but was too late to change it...id much prefer to be told i look nice as then it gives you the confidence to pull off any outfit rather than someone turn round and go "jeeee you look awful" becuase that will ruin your evening. if someone then talks among their friends about how awful i look then i dont care..

treat others as you'd like to be treated yourself....so yeah im two faced, but for all the right reasons.

love Katy ***
hitchhiker_13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Not really, no. You see some girls walking down the street wearing belly tops and micro-minis and they are, I'm very sorry if i offend you but, fat. They cannot be aware of the size if they are letting flab hang over the shortest skirt i have seen. If I'd put on a few pounds and was not aware I'd honestly like my friends to tell me.
I used the over weight thing as an extreme example as none of my friends are even remotely over weight. Its actually terrible the amount of children these days that are. Its putting their life at risk when you think about it logically which we all should often do.

I love my friends so much and I'm not really best please at the fact someone before hitchhiker (sorry i didn't get the handle) hinted at me ****ging of my mates actively. If you knew anything about me and any of my relationships you'd know that I would not go out of my way to hurt my friends. My closest gang of friends consist of 4 of us and we tell each other everything, including criticism. We feel it makes us stronger as people to beable to handle what eachother say. If the world was more truthful, wouldn't it be a better place? Or is that me being to naive?

I'm am extremely sorry if i even remotely upset you in any way possible in this reply

No, you didn't upset me at all. I was just interested by what you said because I think most people who are genuinely overweight do realise this. Of course it's great if we're all truthful but as William Blake said, "A truth told with bad intent/ Beats all the lies you can invent." Telling your friends is one thing, but we were mainly talking about telling people who you don't really like that you don't like them, and why you don't.
Custard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
No, you didn't upset me at all. I was just interested by what you said because I think most people who are genuinely overweight do realise this. Of course it's great if we're all truthful but as William Blake said, "A truth told with bad intent/ Beats all the lies you can invent." Telling your friends is one thing, but we were mainly talking about telling people who you don't really like that you don't like them, and why you don't.
If i don't like them for no apparent reason for eg. they way they stare at me i will not say anything but if the have hurt or upset me of were just damn right out of order i will just tell them to the face. Why should i let anyone upset me and get away with it.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (149)
60.57%
Yes- I don't like it (11)
4.47%
No- I want it (69)
28.05%
No- I don't want it (17)
6.91%

Watched Threads