Turn on thread page Beta

whats every1s best film of all time and why? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    it seems good, but when u actually sit through it, in my opinion, its a little "plotless" lol.
    To me it told a story of how somebody who until one day didn't realise that he had a brother, at first he is somewhat angry towards him due to his daddy leaving him all the money, and sets out to *BORROW* the money. But during their road trip his love towards his brother grows and blossoms, right up until the end, when its not abot the money anymore, but a tale of family. So I'm sorry if its a bit *plotless*, you know, it aint Oceans 11 or anything. But its darn good.

ReputationRep:
    Life Is Beautiful

Touching the void was wicked too, if its still in the cinema near you see it!

ReputationRep:
    hmm.. fave film of all time? cant pick out one in particular... But i do like the Matrix films (havent seen the third yet); martial art type films and girly films (ya gotta love em)... Bit of an odd combination but there u go... lol

ReputationRep:
    Probably Shawshank Redemption.

"Four weddings and a funeral", was good, while since I've seen it though.

"Bowfinger", classic in my book.

Has anyone seen a film called "Scum", I thought that was good.

Also "Pulp fiction", is a brilliant film.

ReputationRep:
    i have loads of favorite movies..but the ones i would say are SCARFACE, CARLITO'S WAY (amazing story) and recently i would say KILL BILL.

ReputationRep:
    Bridget Jones' Diary! tis an amzin film! i watch it over and over and never get bored! teehee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *skye*)
    hmm.. fave film of all time? cant pick out one in particular... But i do like the Matrix films (havent seen the third yet); martial art type films and girly films (ya gotta love em)... Bit of an odd combination but there u go... lol
    Don't bother going to see the third matrix film... it's rubbish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~*glitter*~)
    im sure ur life isnt that bad??!!
    no, its that its that good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toffee)
    Life Is Beautiful

La Vita è bella!!!!

Awesome, great great movie, from Roberto Benigni.

Have you seen Johnny Stecchino? Cool movie too, very funny.

ReputationRep:
    Cool Running..........WAHHHHHH i luved the film.....its really old but was an amazin movie...........yaaaaaaaaa black men from Jamaica!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    To me it told a story of how somebody who until one day didn't realise that he had a brother, at first he is somewhat angry towards him due to his daddy leaving him all the money, and sets out to *BORROW* the money. But during their road trip his love towards his brother grows and blossoms, right up until the end, when its not abot the money anymore, but a tale of family. So I'm sorry if its a bit *plotless*, you know, it aint Oceans 11 or anything. But its darn good.
    bhaal whats with the avatar? i liked the old one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    bhaal whats with the avatar? i liked the old one
    lol. Where you been? We should really vote you 'Avatar Princess' or something, you change your avatar so frequently. lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pegasus)

The Breakfast Club
    thank god someone said it!!-ive been reading through the thread waiting for that to be said!

my favourites:

the breakfast club -i love this!!-im not american but the formula applies here too. if you havent seen it, see it now before you get too old to appreciate the truth behind it.
    amelie -if you havent seen this, see it!!-its currently my favourite film. you have to get used to the subtitles as they're quite quick but once you're used to it, it doesnt bother you and the more times you watch it, the more you notice about the sets. you know those little quirky things you catch in the background. the whole film is quirky. it's a romance but that's not all there is to it. watch it!
    moulin rouge -a brilliant musical!! so many people our age slate it coz its a musical and corny but it doesnt claim to be anything else!!-it is a musical and they are always corny!
    pulp fiction -of course!! you've said pretty much all that can be. i like reservoir dogs too but prefer this.-love steve buscemi+john malcovich(i know malcovich aint in either but steve buscemi led me to Con Air)

-i have to apologise if this makes no sense-ive kinda drifted into a stream of consciousness)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adamsund)

Has anyone seen a film called "Scum", I thought that was good.
    yes ive seen it! it made me cry and feel sick at the same time. its a v.v.v.good film but v.hard-hitting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toffee)
    Life Is Beautiful

life is beautiful-thats the italian one isnt it?-about the son and his dad?-that is so sad!! what's touching the void?

ReputationRep:
    I would have to say Fast and Furious...There's nothing better than tuned cars, Hot chicks and magic tunes...what more could a guy ask for?!?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Barman)
    I would have to say Fast and Furious...There's nothing better than tuned cars, Hot chicks and magic tunes...what more could a guy ask for?!?!
    A plot?
    The most mind-numbing film I've ever seen.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i seen it...it is a good filmalot of my mates think its magic but its VERY Xtreme!!!![/

ReputationRep:
    mine's All quiet on the western front. it teaches you everything you need to know in life

ReputationRep:
    Good Will Hunting...because it made me cry...but then again i cry at anything

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 14, 2004
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.