The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I can't even log onto my uni email address, it says that the password is wrong and when I go to retrieve the password it wants to send it to my uni address. How am I meant to view it there haha
I guess the system is just not fully operational at the moment, someone said that it should be up after the 1st Sept - so maybe theyre setting up the system still
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
your email address will be [email protected]

You have manchester and student the wrong way around.
You're telling me, being a CS student I have a different one completely. I'm so confused, hahahaha. :erm:
JohnnyR
I can't even log onto my uni email address, it says that the password is wrong and when I go to retrieve the password it wants to send it to my uni address. How am I meant to view it there haha
I guess the system is just not fully operational at the moment, someone said that it should be up after the 1st Sept - so maybe theyre setting up the system still

This sounds about right
Reply 5
I'm having the same problem joined the University of Manchester network on facebook which sends the confirmation email to the address and it just hasn't come through :/!
Reply 6
It will come eventually...I think it's just really really slow. I tried sending an email to my uni account and it came in, like, 20 minutes..
guys, I successfully logged on my manchester mail today through the Portal.
however they asked me to change my mail password for no reason O_o
Reply 8
trouble-trouble
guys, I successfully logged on my manchester mail today through the Portal.
however they asked me to change my mail password for no reason O_o

The change of password is for security reasons, I think, it said it somewhere in the set up I think.
But I can't even get that far, it says my initial password is wrong. Did you just use your portal login password?

Update: Hang about! It's working now. Huzzah!
Reply 9
did you all get an email telling you how to do the IT setup? i've been told to wait for an email that im yet to receive
Reply 10
Artymess
did you all get an email telling you how to do the IT setup? i've been told to wait for an email that im yet to receive

I just went to www.manchester.ac.uk/itservices/itaccountmanager like it says in the crucial guide and did it. Was bored of waiting for an email.
Reply 11
thisislukas
It will come eventually...I think it's just really really slow. I tried sending an email to my uni account and it came in, like, 20 minutes..

yepp mine's sorted now :smile:
what passwords are you guys using as mine STILL says incorrect password and i've tried pretty much everything!
Reply 13
bennyboy182
what passwords are you guys using as mine STILL says incorrect password and i've tried pretty much everything!

mine was doing that until this afternoon when it didn't take me to that screen but rather to the actual outlook live one and everything just worked =/
Just bide your time and it'll work in the end is all I can say, I guess.
Reply 14
bennyboy182

Erm initially the date of birth one but when setting up the IT account you get asked to change it so then used that one.
Reply 15
Whenever I try to log in through the student portal it takes me to a windoes live page saying I need to change my password before I can access it however it says my current password is incorrect and when I use the forgotten my password option that my secret answer is wrong. Seeing as I wrote these details down I know they're not wrong so I don't know what's going on :/
I don't know how you look at your emails, I have done the IT sign up and have my e-mail address but then it says I should use something like outlook to look at my emails...I don't know what outlook is if I'm being honest and when I've typed it into the browser it appears to just be hotmail!
tomski_92
Whenever I try to log in through the student portal it takes me to a windoes live page saying I need to change my password before I can access it however it says my current password is incorrect and when I use the forgotten my password option that my secret answer is wrong. Seeing as I wrote these details down I know they're not wrong so I don't know what's going on :/

I had the same problem.
I logged on to the IT Service account and changed my password there.
it helped :smile:
Reply 18
jackthomas1990
I don't know how you look at your emails, I have done the IT sign up and have my e-mail address but then it says I should use something like outlook to look at my emails...I don't know what outlook is if I'm being honest and when I've typed it into the browser it appears to just be hotmail!

Outlook live has a different interface to live hotmail, other than that it works virtually the same.
Reply 19
JohnnyR
Outlook live has a different interface to live hotmail, other than that it works virtually the same.

You can login from hotmail.com as well using your Manchester email add to see your mail

Latest

Trending

Trending