The Student Room Group

How far is Reading Festival from Reading station?

Last year, I had an early bird weekend ticket so I went by coach from Victoria and back. I'm only going on the Sunday this year and I'm travelling by train to Reading station. I was just wondering how long it's going to take to walk to the festival site from the station.

Blink finish playing at 23:35ish and my train to get back to London departs at 23:56. Can I make it on time, bearing in mind I'll need to walk through all the camps to leave the festival site? The next train departs at 3am and I really don't fancy getting back at 6am completely knackered on my birthday! :p:

Any help would be much appreciated! :smile:
Reply 1
Given the crowds probably not, it's about a 10/15 minute walk from what I remember depending on how fast you walk
Reply 2
I would say about 20 mins...maybe a bit more!
Reply 3
I don't think you'll make it. The walk will be too long with all the people, probably all trying to get that train. Plus, you have to actually be able to get out the arena first.
You won't get from the arena to the station and onto a train in 21 mins, no way.
Unless you RUN.

And trust me, nobody is running anywhere with the 5 inches of mud covering the site.
i'm no superman
****. I guess my options are:

1. Leave a bit before Blink finish their set - not sure what time is good to leave though?
(Plus I don't want to leave my friend on their own...)

2. Get a taxi to the station as soon as Blink's set finishes?

Ahh I really don't know what to do now!

Honestly? I'd say the walk from the arena alone, especially with all this mud and in the crowd would be 15-20mins itself, depending on how good you are at dodging and mud surfing.

A taxi might just save you if you can manage it faster than that, but how available they are and fast to get at the end of the Sunday I'm not sure, sorry. :frown:

If you were to edge towards the back of the crowd as Blink were finishing, you might beat the major rush and that might make it faster. I did that with KOL last year and it made it a lot easier to walk fast - and that way you still see/hear it all.
lozz2601
Honestly? I'd say the walk from the arena alone, especially with all this mud and in the crowd would be 15-20mins itself, depending on how good you are at dodging and mud surfing.

A taxi might just save you if you can manage it faster than that, but how available they are and fast to get at the end of the Sunday I'm not sure, sorry. :frown:

If you were to edge towards the back of the crowd as Blink were finishing, you might beat the major rush and that might make it faster. I did that with KOL last year and it made it a lot easier to walk fast - and that way you still see/hear it all.
Thanks for your help. Blink start playing at 10 so I think I'll start making my way back at 11(ish).
Reckon that will be enough time to walk it?

On that note of the mud, shall I wear wellies? :dunce:
i'm no superman
Thanks for your help. Blink start playing at 10 so I think I'll start making my way back at 11(ish).
Reckon that will be enough time to walk it?

On that note of the mud, shall I wear wellies? :dunce:

If you leave then I reckon you'll be fine :smile: It's such a shame about the timings!

OMG yes on the wellies. I don't know if it'll still be as horrific on Sunday but it's really really deep in most places.
Make sure they fit though else you might leave them behind in the mud!
After a lot of persuasion, I've managed to talk my dad round to picking me up on Sunday night! :biggrin:

Latest