Younger sister is spiteful and kind of bullies me

Watch this thread
This discussion is closed.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
To begin, I'm 17 and my sister is a year and a half younger than me. She's closer to our parents than I am, and I feel she does anything to try and push them away. She sides with them over everything, and will disagree with me just to annoy me.
My mum and brother have gone away to visit family, so I've been left with her and my dad. At the dinner table in conversation, if I say anything (even if it's something my dad says directly to me) she'll tell me to shut up and give me a dirty look. We went out shopping recently and I said I wanted to try something on to which she replied "It won't fit you anyway you fat tramp". I'm a uk size 10. Later that day, my dad asked what we wanted for dinner, so I suggested a stir fry. She immediately said "You can make that for yourself if you want, I'm making dad and I something else". My dad said "Stir fry sounds good, you sure you don't want any". She suddenly changed her min, but it was only too obvious she only did so because of what my dad said.
I know these are petty examples, but it's not really about any individual thing she's done, just that it happens 24/7. If she wants to get past, she'll elbow me out the way, she gives me dirty looks a lot and if I ask her what the problem is she'll tell me to shut up. I just don't know what to do. I'd go as far as saying she kind of bullies me. She's nice to our parents, and reasonably so to my brother, but just not to me and I don't know why.
Anon please because I'm not sure she won't come across this.
Aack
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 11 years ago
You need to implement some subconscious acts of superiority. You need to manipulate situations, not to your own advantage, but to your sisters disadvantage.

You need to undermine her every move, her every breath, her ever word.

I, personally, am a pro at manipulating, demeaning and belittling people. I'm not sure if you can teach it, but it's just little things. For example, whenever she asks you a question, pretend you don't hear it until she asks again, and then give a really obvious answer.

There are winners and losers in life, and you are currently being a looser. Unfortunately, being a winner entails what I have mentioned above. Do your best to make her feel like the smallest thing in the world and you will soon be the dominant one.

Good luck.
Aack
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 11 years ago
By the way, I think it's unfortunate that being a "winner" entails what I have said, but if you want to improve things, you must do this.
deathbeforeimmortality
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
I would seriously put her in her place.
secret_geek
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
pshttt, tell her to stfu!
GodspeedGehenna
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Aack)
For example, whenever she asks you a question, pretend you don't hear it until she asks again, and then give a really obvious answer.
Wow. Arn't you a modern day Hannibal Lecter?
Rescue Remedy
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
ok my honest opinion here and im not joking !
give her a belt in the face ! its the only way to stop her *****y attitude towards you when you dont deserve it. you might prefer to talk or something but you need to show her that you have had enough and not to mess with you anymore. i dont think she is willing to understand anything else
she is younger then you i dont know why is is so spiteful but if she is at this at her age it will only get worse with time
and your parents 0_o wtf how come they arnt tellin her to stop and be on your side for once ?????????????
KatieKate
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Definitely what above have said. If you keep thinking of her as the one with the power, she WILL be the one with the power.

Remember, you're older, wiser, more experienced and more intelligent than her, and she's undermining you because you let her.

So.. don't let her!
TK2 King Pin
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Aack)
You need to implement some subconscious acts of superiority. You need to manipulate situations, not to your own advantage, but to your sisters disadvantage.

I, personally, am a pro at manipulating, demeaning and belittling people. I'm not sure if you can teach it, but it's just little things. For example, whenever she asks you a question, pretend you don't hear it until she asks again, and then give a really obvious answer. [yes, by asking you a question she is putting herself at your mercy]

There are winners and losers in life, [this is true] and you are currently being a looser. [this is also true] Unfortunately, being a winner entails what I have mentioned above. Do your best to make her feel like the smallest thing in the world and you will soon be the dominant one.

Good luck.
this guy speaks sense

here is an honest recommendation.. The Art Of War by Sun Tzu

it's a 95 page book full of tactical and psychological strategies to help you defeat your opponent. i strongly recommend it

you've been given more than you bargained for on this thread, use it
theboilermantr15
Badges: 8
Report 11 years ago
Take off your slipper and give her a good hiding.
jimbo139
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Aack)

I, personally, am a pro at manipulating, demeaning and belittling people. I'm not sure if you can teach it, but it's just little things. For example, whenever she asks you a question, pretend you don't hear it until she asks again, and then give a really obvious answer.

There are winners and losers in life, and you are currently being a looser. Unfortunately, being a winner entails what I have mentioned above. Do your best to make her feel like the smallest thing in the world and you will soon be the dominant one.

Good luck.
I don't think habitually belittling & demeaning other people would make you what most people would consider a 'winner'. But in this situation, the brat needs to learn some respect for her own family. So yes, make sure that when she's excessively rude to you, there are consequences she won't like. If as a result she learns to behave, you'll have done her a favour.
winterSTU
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
To begin, I'm 17 and my sister is a year and a half younger than me. She's closer to our parents than I am, and I feel she does anything to try and push them away. She sides with them over everything, and will disagree with me just to annoy me.
My mum and brother have gone away to visit family, so I've been left with her and my dad. At the dinner table in conversation, if I say anything (even if it's something my dad says directly to me) she'll tell me to shut up and give me a dirty look. We went out shopping recently and I said I wanted to try something on to which she replied "It won't fit you anyway you fat tramp". I'm a uk size 10. Later that day, my dad asked what we wanted for dinner, so I suggested a stir fry. She immediately said "You can make that for yourself if you want, I'm making dad and I something else". My dad said "Stir fry sounds good, you sure you don't want any". She suddenly changed her min, but it was only too obvious she only did so because of what my dad said.
I know these are petty examples, but it's not really about any individual thing she's done, just that it happens 24/7. If she wants to get past, she'll elbow me out the way, she gives me dirty looks a lot and if I ask her what the problem is she'll tell me to shut up. I just don't know what to do. I'd go as far as saying she kind of bullies me. She's nice to our parents, and reasonably so to my brother, but just not to me and I don't know why.
Anon please because I'm not sure she won't come across this.

My little sister is exaccctttly the same - she's actually a total ****, gets her own way, makes my parents feel sorry for her so they take her side on everything. She thinks she's better than me/smarter than me - both of which she DEFINITELY isn't haha, she's a preppy little madam.

Anyway, this is how you deal with it. ******' smack her one. I threw a TV remote at mine ridiculously hard, but same thing....

Srsly, tell her to stfu and hit her or hurt her in some way everytime she does something similar to what you've stated regardless of what your parents think of it, and she'll eventually learn to keep her smartass mouth shut.

Sisters suck.
amiejade-x
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
younger siblings

Spoiler:
Show
actually my brother is alright these days, but when he was about 13 he was a total nightmare to live with he still has his moments though and often gets his way even when he is being disrespectful to my parents, i would never get my way if i acted like that :dry:
Rescue Remedy
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
ok im posting again lol have another point ....

the social hierarchy in your family is screwed up !
your sister is trying to exert her dominance over you and you are being submissive !
for some reason she sees you as a weak link in the family and she is trying to bully her way into your spot ... you said about how she is closer to your parents

if you ever watch a animal doc or anything you will see this behavior e.g. pride of lions
a young cub is trying to play with a older cub and it starts to fight and it gets too cheeky so the bigger cub snaps at it to teach it a lesson ( could be a lioness either just giving rough idea)

you need to be dominant over your sister ...... i wouldnt have the patience like you do to tolerate such a little brat
TK2 King Pin
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Rescue Remedy)
ok my honest opinion here and im not joking ![could've fooled me]
give her a belt in the face ! its the only way [to make things worse] to stop her *****y attitude towards you when you dont deserve it. you might prefer to talk or something but you need to show her that you have had enough and not to mess with you anymore. [yeah cos a belt to the face will make it better..] i dont think she is willing to understand anything else
she is younger then you i dont know why she is so spiteful but if she is at this at her age it will only get worse with time [unless she matures, which i imagine will happen]
and your parents 0_o wtf how come they arnt tellin her to stop and be on your side for once ?????????????
what a ******* idiot you've been here, and im not joking

it's loser behaviour, it's provocative, it turns the parents against you, the little girl will love it, it's just poor

Sun Tzu, The Art Of War - looks like you need a copy aswell

rescue remedy.. how ironic
pbowenroe
Report 11 years ago
Man up and ***** slap her.

/thread
SirRamAlot
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Smash her nose, headlock her and squeeze, and enjoy the red fountain.
Rescue Remedy
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by TK2 King Pin)
what a ******* idiot you've been here, and im not joking

it's loser behaviour, it's provocative, it turns the parents against you, the little girl will love it, it's just poor

Sun Tzu, The Art Of War - looks like you need a copy aswell
its not loser behavior
you dont know anything about social hierarchy so i suggest you jog on

little girl ? that brat is 15 or 16 years old ........ im not suggesting for OP to go hit a 6 year old
im suggesting for her to let her younger sister know that she cant get away with what she is doing! the sister is old enough to understand To every action there is always an equal and opposite reaction

she cant go through life thinking she can get away with bad behavior without any consequences

its either OP gives her sister a punch in the face or someone who isnt family wont put up with the **** the younger sister is doing to them later in life
DPLSK
Badges: 14
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by jimbo139)
I don't think habitually belittling & demeaning other people would make you what most people would consider a 'winner'. But in this situation, the brat needs to learn some respect for her own family. So yes, make sure that when she's excessively rude to you, there are consequences she won't like. If as a result she learns to behave, you'll have done her a favour.
It should always be a case of MAD (Mutually Assured Destruction). If you have to be cruel, manipulative and plain mean to her then do so. However, once she's stopped then don't pursue it. Yes she needs to know her place, but being an ass for the sake of it is degrading and bringing yourself to her level. Do it for no longer than you need to.

I was about to recommend suggestions, but clearly having not experienced the situation I wouldn't know of their effectiveness.
Dream Weaver
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Aack)
For example, whenever she asks you a question, pretend you don't hear it until she asks again, and then give a really obvious answer.
*Slow, sarcastic clapping*

Yeah, you are a total master.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (9)
40.91%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (6)
27.27%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
9.09%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (0)
0%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (1)
4.55%
I’m starting to consider my university options (3)
13.64%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
4.55%

Watched Threads