Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i've just done a CPT2 exam.... hope i'll get an A, i think the spreadsheet question was a bit confusing...

what you people think of the exam?

ReputationRep:
    100%! Ooh yaaaaah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    100%! Ooh yaaaaah.
    You do computing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    You do computing?
    Did it last year.

ReputationRep:
    Did it last year.
    So I assume you dropped it, and just re-did CPT2? Or did you get 100% last year on that paper?

ReputationRep:
    Ah, yes CPT2.

If last summer is anything to go by, if you get above 50% of the raw marks then you'll probably get 105/105 UMS.

ReputationRep:
    God! If people are getting 100%'s in computing it must be a relatively simple A Level. You dont see many 100%'s in A-Level maths. God I wish Id taken computing now lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *dave*)
    God! If people are getting 100%'s in computing it must be a relatively simple A Level. You dont see many 100%'s in A-Level maths. God I wish Id taken computing now lol!
    Yes you do.

ReputationRep:
    i'm doing A2 at the mom.. i was resitting cpt2, i needed 53/65 to get a B for As... i made a mess of my project last year, and thought i'll resit cpt2 to get high mark to get a B. Hope i made it,

i dunno why, but i don 't wanna do a project for as again.. it was boring.. lol, and i'm kind of busy doing a project for A2...

Has anyone had a cpt1 or cpt2 exam today?

ReputationRep:
    So I assume you dropped it, and just re-did CPT2? Or did you get 100% last year on that paper?
    Yah I meant last year.

I actually 99, checking back, daaaaaaaaaamn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maljosh)
    i'm doing A2 at the mom.. i was resitting cpt2, i needed 53/65 to get a B for As... i made a mess of my project last year, and thought i'll resit cpt2 to get high mark to get a B. Hope i made it,

i dunno why, but i don 't wanna do a project for as again.. it was boring.. lol, and i'm kind of busy doing a project for A2...

Has anyone had a cpt1 or cpt2 exam today?
    Ohhh..........my advice is to redo the project. To get an A grade at A2 is so much harder. You have to do another project coursework, which is like three times the effort you need to put in, compared to your first coursework.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *dave*)
    Bhaal's right, you see loads, seems to be a subject where a number get 100%, a few get around 90s, and everybody else gets a C or below. (generalising hugely)

ReputationRep:
    Yah I meant last year.

I actually 99, checking back, daaaaaaaaaamn.
    Well, I got 100% in three of the theory papers, apart from one, which I got half marks in, I re-sat the exam in June and got full marks.

ReputationRep:
    i can assure you ,*dave*, you don't wanna do computing.. it is a very very dry subject... lots of technical stuff and you'll spend ages doing projects... i'm doing maths, and i find it much more interesting..not stats though..

ReputationRep:
    Well, I got 100% in three of the theory papers, apart from one, which I got half marks in, I re-sat the exam in June and got full marks.
    Bloody hell :| Ms Graham must love you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maljosh)
    i can assure you ,*dave*, you don't wanna do computing.. it is a very very dry subject... lots of technical stuff and you'll spend ages doing projects... i'm doing maths, and i find it much more interesting..not stats though..
    The modules are not that difficult, its just sooooooo tedious and boring to learn all the theory.

Maths I quite enjoy, the early modules are extrememly easy, however P3 and S2 are going to test one's mind and logic.

ReputationRep:
    i'm so happy i dont' have to do S2 for A2...

MEI rules!! we do P2, P3, M2 for A2..

i don't know why i seem to have lots of problems with stats...

ReputationRep:
    Bloody hell :| Ms Graham must love you.
    lol. Me and another lad called Richard Grant, defied her. All we did on class was surf the net during the theory lessons. We hardly ever paid any attention in class. Then we just went on a blitz to revise at the last minute. lol. You should have seen the other students in my class, all with their ring binders that they brought to lesson containing all their notes, and you could tell that they are the ones who should have got the top grades, but alas, I believe there where only five students who attained grade 'A' at A2 level.

ReputationRep:
    lol. Me and another lad called Richard Grant, defied her. All we did on class was surf the net during the theory lessons. We hardly ever paid any attention in class. Then we just went on a blitz to revise at the last minute. lol. You should have seen the other students in my class, all with their ring binders that they brought to lesson containing all their notes, and you could tell that they are the ones who should have got the top grades, but alas, I believe there where only five students who attained grade 'A' at A2 level.
    Don't know the guy. Heh yes, I noticed that with computing, the people with the ringbinders of notes, highlighting things and commiting them to memory got nowhere. Only one person in my class got an A last year, so for 5 people to have gotten As at A2 must mean Ms Smith did well :P

ReputationRep:
    Don't know the guy. Heh yes, I noticed that with computing, the people with the ringbinders of notes, highlighting things and commiting them to memory got nowhere. Only one person in my class got an A last year, so for 5 people to have gotten As at A2 must mean Ms Smith did well :P
    Well me and the onther lad had Ms Graham. I am not sure about the rest of them.

To be honest I was quite shocked at the A-level grades people got, and the absence of grade 'A' 's. The other day when I collected my certificate, I got handed this booklet with all the people who got awards, assuming that the people who had been awarded got the top grades, the booklet was feeling kinda empty.

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.