Men shouldn't have love handles...[pics] Watch

Man-Spider
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I need to get rid of them and other pertruding parts of my body. Ideally I want a six pack, but it's still early days. Little steps towards a big goal!

Height: 6ft
Weight: 80kg

This is just a little log for me to keep track whilst I lose the blubber. If you want to follow and/or comment, go ahead! I appreciate feedback good or bad!

With regards to the pictures, the boxers are a slightly too small around the waist, so as to highlight the problem area!
Attached files
kratos90
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
What's your height and weight? I recommend heavy compound lifts and HIIT
lattywatty
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hmm probably the closest bodyshape I've seen to mine on this forum so I'd love to hear what you're doing and how well you get on
Man-Spider
(Original post by kratos90)
What's your height and weight? I recommend heavy compound lifts and HIIT
6ft, 80kg.

On a calorie restricted diet? It would certainly work, though I don't know if my body will like it particularly much.

It might be ok for body builders looking to cut down a few lbs for a comp because it's their job - it's what they do. I on the other hand actually have to do stuff and go to college lol
There's nothing more annoying than not being able to go for a run because of DOMS from an intense weight session. In my experience, DOMS can last about 5 days and it really can mess up your progress!

Have you done this yourself?
ThisIsOurDecision
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You'll stop getting DOMS after a few weeks.
Witchita
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If DoMs is that bad then just get some heat rub on it, take a painkiller and go out and work past it
kratos90
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Man-Spider)
6ft, 80kg.

On a calorie restricted diet? It would certainly work, though I don't know if my body will like it particularly much.

It might be ok for body builders looking to cut down a few lbs for a comp because it's their job - it's what they do. I on the other hand actually have to do stuff and go to college lol
There's nothing more annoying than not being able to go for a run because of DOMS from an intense weight session. In my experience, DOMS can last about 5 days and it really can mess up your progress!

Have you done this yourself?
Yes I do. But I mainly focus on HIIT rather then heavy weightlifting because I don't really want to get huge. But when I was bulking, I focussed on heavy weightlifting with sets of five reps. DOMS should go after a few workouts. It shouldn't stop you from HIIT or whatever.

I don't think you would need to restrict your calories, you might need more, especially with HIIT. Post your diet
Man-Spider
Yes I do. But I mainly focus on HIIT rather then heavy weightlifting because I don't really want to get huge. But when I was bulking, I focussed on heavy weightlifting with sets of five reps. DOMS should go after a few workouts. It shouldn't stop you from HIIT or whatever.

I don't think you would need to restrict your calories, you might need more, especially with HIIT. Post your diet
It's simple really.

50g muesli in the morning (with semi-skimmed milk)

Half a tin of beans on a slice of whole-meal toast (with nuts and seeds in it) and a bit of cheese

Chicken with vegetables or salad for dinner. One night a week I have a chilli con carne without rice

Lots of water throughout the day. That is my diet whilst I'm at home on the holidays. Lunch will be different at college.
kratos90
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
That diet will help you lose the love handles. If you want some more muscle you will have to eat more and lose the fat later. If you just want a 6-pack then I assume you could just do cardio and ab exercises, with your current diet. It might look a little odd with no muscle elsewhere. Good luck Blutarsky Man-Spider
Man-Spider
That diet will help you lose the love handles. If you want some more muscle you will have to eat more and lose the fat later. If you just want a 6-pack then I assume you could just do cardio and ab exercises, with your current diet. It might look a little odd with no muscle elsewhere. Good luck Blutarsky Man-Spider
Lol

My bad :p:

I just want to lose fat at the moment. If I start eating more, I won't fit into my trousers anymore lol. They're already starting to get a little tighter! I want to get rid of the love handles, then put the weight back on but instead of it being all fat, some of it will be muscle.

I suppose from then on, it's lather, rinse, repeat. I hope it's that simple anyway
Man-Spider
First weight session today:

Squats 3x5 - 67.5kg
Bench Press 3x8 - 47.5kg
Barbell Rows 3x8 - 47.5kg
HandleWithCare
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Man-Spider)
First weight session today:

Squats 3x5 - 67.5kg
Bench Press 3x8 - 47.5kg
Barbell Rows 3x8 - 47.5kg
Not bad at all if that's your first session and you aren't used to weight training.
Man-Spider
First HIIT session... ever.

Did 1min 90% followed by 2mins 40% x6 - could do no more.

I don't know if it's worth lowering the intensity of the intense part so I have the energy to fit more 'reps' (if you like) in.

Diet:

Breakfast:

Bowl of meusli

Lunch:

Grilled chicken with salad and an apple

Dinner:

Grilled chicken with vegetables and yoghurt pot of baked beans

Don't know how many calories this comes to - all I know is that my breakfast is close to 500 itself (I probably should start controlling how much I have, but it's sooo nice).
partoftheweekend
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
1 minute is quite a long time to be doing high intensity. Cut it to 30 seconds or less, keep the intensity up.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (154)
59.46%
No I haven't decided yet (60)
23.17%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.37%

Watched Threads