lt001
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by rachel_happy)
which student is better to get at lancaster
barclays or natwest?
I've not had experience with Natwest but I'm currently with Barclays and am happy with them.

FYI I did not have a good experience with Halifax. They focus on hammering customers with charges for going overdrawn or going into their overdraft.
popple7
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
natwest! free railcard for 5 yrs. win.
Advertisement
zohaib01
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
barclays 2000 overdraft wins
SmilerNutz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Im not a uni student yet but with my experiences both are good but I prefer Barclays.

But check out this Video link for Natwest on youtube. It should be very helpfull: http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lsno-YWNWPE
Advertisement
bestie
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If you will use a railcard Natwest, if you need a big overdraft Barclays.
BJP
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Natwest for the Railcard in my opinion...but both have similar branches (in the same part of the Square) so it won't really make a difference..
Advertisement
rachel_happy
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
think i will go natwest, the railcard does seem the best one for me!
RedRevolver
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by rachel_happy)
think i will go natwest, the railcard does seem the best one for me!
You can apply online rather than go into the store btw.
Advertisement
bestie
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
^^^ Second this, the store is always very busy the first few weeks and then after that never have enough staff.
rachel_happy
(Original post by bestie)
^^^ Second this, the store is always very busy the first few weeks and then after that never have enough staff.
i will prob set it up before i go because there is a branch in the town i live! and i will have to change all my account numbers as i am currently with barclays!
the rail card will be more useful!
Advertisement
*absinthe*
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i set mine up today with natwest only took about 20 minutes
minimarshmallow
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I have both.
You get an automatic £200 overdraft with Barclays and can then apply for more, which I don't intend to do.
thesarahvariety
Report 9 years ago
I'm definitely wanting to move from Halifax to Natwest, because Halifax make it too difficult to do anything, they try to force 'upgrade your account' appointments on me, only for me to turn up and somebody else tell me I don't really need to 'upgrade' and send me away. They basically want to force an overdraft on me or I 'can't use the desk to deposit cheques or take out money. You cannot come to us for enquiries' blahblah.

Student finance is so fricking slow that I don't know what I'm doing. If I go into Natwest and get myself a student account there, will they ensure that my student finance money will go through to my new account? Because student finance called me about a month ago saying 'we will have your application cleared by next week' and nothing has happened. Why would they call me ELECTIVELY just to lie to me? I can't even remember if I gave them my Halifax bank details when I applied for finance, but if I did, will Natwest take care of it if I make a new account there now? I need to make it before October in order to get a rail card.
rachel_happy
(Original post by thesarahvariety)
Student finance is so fricking slow that I don't know what I'm doing. If I go into Natwest and get myself a student account there, will they ensure that my student finance money will go through to my new account? will Natwest take care of it if I make a new account there now? I need to make it before October in order to get a rail card.
u update ur bank details on the student finanace website, so the money should go in the right if u change it.
my student finance took ages to come though!!!
Advertisement
musicluva
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by zohaib01)
barclays 2000 overdraft wins
but all banks say 'up to £2000 interest free overdraft', realistically dont they give £1000 for first yrs and even that they pay in instalments?
barclays dont go into it as much detail as the other banks..
Forwen
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
A bit more general... How long does it take to open a student account in person? Provided I meet all the req's listed on the site. Do they carry out some sort of checks (had an account closed by HSBC this August :ahee:) or is it just a matter of going inside?
*absinthe*
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Forwen)
A bit more general... How long does it take to open a student account in person? Provided I meet all the req's listed on the site. Do they carry out some sort of checks (had an account closed by HSBC this August :ahee:) or is it just a matter of going inside?
i opened mine in person but then you have to wait for your card to come in the post and for your railcard.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (11)
5.76%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (106)
55.5%
No (74)
38.74%

Watched Threads