Shockley
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Does anybody know where I can find out the ratio of applicants to places (or offers) for each dental school? I am specifically looking for Glasgow but it doesn't say on their website. I am also interested in Newcastle, Leeds, Peninsula and Sheffield.
Bright.Inspiration.
Badges: 10
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Shockley)
Does anybody know where I can find out the ratio of applicants to places (or offers) for each dental school? I am specifically looking for Glasgow but it doesn't say on their website. I am also interested in Newcastle, Leeds, Peninsula and Sheffield.

i've also been trying to look around but i couldn't find much on uni websites
james20
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
it can be found in the how to get into dental school book

does anyone have that?
Sharoon123
Report 10 years ago
Well when i went for my interview at Glasgow in feb they said about 1000 or 1500 (cant exactly remember) ppl applied and there are 83 places for home students and 4 places for international. It states the places available on the website, but again i cant remember which page. Hope this helps.
TwirlGirl
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hmm i think sheffield said that 1 in 6 got an interview last year. They interview 300 so that'd be 1800 applicants...sounds quite high though :erm: I think they gave 180/200 offers. About 75 places.
Ebony_x
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Its generally said to be around 7:1 for most unis. x
Meekle72
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
http://www.ucas.ac.uk/about_us/stat_...bles/hesubject

Don't know if this helps at all? All i could find on applications and accepted applicants.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (703)
33.88%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (886)
42.7%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (393)
18.94%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.48%

Watched Threads