The Student Room Group
Reply 1
D'annuzio called Italy's victory in WWI mutilated because though they were on the winning side, they didn't get all that they had asked for in the treaty,(i.e. ex german colonies) I can't remember much. But it was D'annuzio who said it, so research him

kate
Reply 2
I still havent found anything on this and I just dont understand it =(.
Reply 3
It is called mutilated victory/ peace because it was percieved by many (including the popular poet D'Annunzio) that Prime Minister Orlando 'botched' the negotiations at Versailles and thus Italy did not get out of the agreement what the should have, given that they had lost 600,000 men and been humiliated in various battles and at great economic cost. The impact on that lack of compensation at Versailles (or mutilated victory) was that the Italian population was feeling resentful to the government and that national pride had been dented, which was surely an important factor on event to unfold in the near future (D'annunzio's occupation of Fiume, Mussolini's rise etc).
Reply 4
Ooo I get it now =) Thanks.
So how is it significant to Post war?
Reply 5
it would be quite significant in the sense that it boosted the public desire for putting Italy back on the map and having a strong leader, which would be a boost for Mussolini's credentials. The increased public discontent created a need for change in Italy.
Reply 6
Thankyou. =) You do A2 History?
Reply 7
yes, ive just finished it.
Reply 8
Ohhh. What did you get?
Reply 9
blue_didi
Ohhh. What did you get?

A, but i think the Italy AS module was my worst mark actually.
Reply 10
Also with D'annunzio dont forget to talk about his invasion of Fiume and the lack of response given by the italian government, and my personal favourite he "Fell out" a window

Latest

Trending

Trending