I am near Torquay! :gasp:
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 81
Original post by 2nd_slip

Excuse me?

Watching cricket with white folk, (bar some Aussies) is not akin to watching it with passion filled Asians or Trinidadians.

MEGA generalization right there...
Reply 82
Original post by Ocassus
MEGA generalization right there...

I stand by it.
Reply 83

I stand by it.

You stand by an untrue lie then. :p:
Original post by Ocassus
I am near Torquay! :gasp:

Where abouts? :beard:
Reply 85
Excuse me?

Watching cricket with white folk, (bar some Aussies) is not akin to watching it with passion filled Asians or Trinidadians.

Then watch it in Calcutta or Port au Spain. Believe it or not England is not an Asian or West Indian country :rolleyes:
Reply 86
Original post by Ocassus
You stand by an untrue lie then. :p:

There are true lies?
Reply 87
Original post by ajp100688
Then watch it in Calcutta or Port au Spain. Believe it or not England is not an Asian or West Indian country :rolleyes:

If I am studying here, I still need my cricket fix. No?

Trinidad is a happy mix of Black, White and Asians- all of us root for the WI.
Reply 88
To clarify, if I liked soccer, I'd watch it with ya'll. You guys get rowdy over that. But I dont see that passion for cricket here.

It is about atmosphere, not race.
Reply 89
If I am studying here, I still need my cricket fix. No?

Trinidad is a happy mix of Black, White and Asians- all of us root for the WI.

Then watch it with English people if you need you fix, because you aren't going to find many Indian and West Indian cricket fans hanging around Exeter city centre or Princess Hay. I'm sorry but I can't help but find what you're saying racist.

I'm going to come to England and take advantage of their good education system but I don't want to associate with English people. Oh no they can't watch cricket (which they invented) properly. No I want to hang out with non English people and automatically assume they will be in Exeter or whatever reason, despite the fact it's a very English city in England.
Reply 90
Then watch it with English people if you need you fix, because you aren't going to find many Indian and West Indian cricket fans hanging around Exeter city centre or Princess Hay. I'm sorry but I can't help but find what you're saying racist.

I'm going to come to England and take advantage of their good education system but I don't want to associate with English people. Oh no they can't watch cricket (which they invented) properly. No I want to hang out with non English people and automatically assume they will be in Exeter or whatever reason, despite the fact it's a very English city in England.

This is a huge generalization. I do and will continue to hang with English/white folks. Now when boxing is on, if I cant find Mexicans or African Americans, I'll find some Irish people. They are always rowdy. But you must accept that we have more passion for cricket.

I had a Pakistani friend as an undergrad who used to go crazy during a game. Praying before every ball. I dont see that passion for anything but soccer here. And btw, I am paying big money to study here you know. I am subsidizing you.
Reply 91
This is the preferable watching crowd list by sport:

Boxing: Mexican, Black, Irish, other white.
Cricket, WI, Asian, white
Soccer: White
Snooker: white
Basketball: Black
Dominoes: Black

See? No racism. Just by-sport preference.
Reply 92
This is a huge generalization. I do and will continue to hang with English/white folks. Now when boxing is on, if I cant find Mexicans or African Americans, I'll find some Irish people. They are always rowdy. But you must accept that we have more passion for cricket.

I had a Pakistani friend as an undergrad who used to go crazy during a game. Praying before every ball. I dont see that passion for anything but soccer here. And btw, I am paying big money to study here you know. I am subsidizing you.

You're not subsidising me because I don't go to Exeter University. Furthermore your little ranking of what races to watch what sports with is incredibly racist. Have fun in Exeter, I hope you don't stay when you finish your degree.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 93
My future is in America. :smile:
Reply 94
Original post by TwirlGirl

Where abouts? :beard:

Little Village called Ipplepen :biggrin:
Original post by Ocassus
Little Village called Ipplepen :biggrin:

I know ipplepen :h: I used to play tennis on the courts there by the football pitch :mmm:
Reply 96

I know ipplepen :h: I used to play tennis on the courts there by the football pitch :mmm:

Oh wow! I have done the same myself! :biggrin:
Reply 97
You're not subsidising me because I don't go to Exeter University. Furthermore your little ranking of what races to watch what sports with is incredibly racist. Have fun in Exeter, I hope you don't stay when you finish your degree.

I fail to see how that list is racist.

Too much tetley old chap. :hahaha::happy2:
Reply 98
Ok, 99 posts now.

Anyone know of any soul food joints in Exeter?
Reply 99
That's his hundred.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending