This discussion is closed.
Peapod
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
*skye* I went on holiday to York with my friends and yes there is a shortage of nightclubs but during the day there is soooo much to do, and my friend says most people stay in in the bars on campus
Peapod
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
University of Manchester
Psychology BA
Unconditional offer
*Riz*
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Peapod)
University of Manchester
Psychology BA
Unconditional offer
Well done, thats really excellent Are you applying post A-Level?
Peapod
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yep I am.
I find it much mroe nerve wracking that applying last year as this year it completely depends on the uni - wheras last year when you got your offers you still had grades to go so it wasn't as bad somehow.
Bex_D
Report 16 years ago
Hey Peapod,
I'm in the same situation as you (did A levels last year, applying again this year for Psychology), I just wondered what grades you've already got? Did u do any retakes this year or just reapplying?

Becky
Peapod
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Bex_D)
Hey Peapod,
I'm in the same situation as you (did A levels last year, applying again this year for Psychology), I just wondered what grades you've already got? Did u do any retakes this year or just reapplying?

Becky
I'm just reapplying as I changed my mind.
I've got AAAB, and an A in general studies.
Marie55
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I've got unconditional offers from Glasgow, Edinburgh, Stirling and St. Andrews and plan to go to St. A. Of course the one I wanted most (St. A.) was my last reply but I'm just very happy that I'm in. I'm gonna be doing Psychology with French(WIYA).
I am attracted to Psychology bcos it gives you insight and understanding of things which are relevant in our everyday lives.
hohum
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hoorah.......Bristol are alive, and with a decent offer too! Anyone else going to Bristol? Or Sheffield? I'm stuck between the two. Ideas?
mjf
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by hohum)
Hoorah.......Bristol are alive, and with a decent offer too! Anyone else going to Bristol? Or Sheffield? I'm stuck between the two. Ideas?
Im sill waiting for Psychology with Zoology at Bris - what was your offer?
Omer
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hey.. Anyone else still waiting for St. Andrew's Psy? I'm starting to get worried.. Hope there are still some ppl out there in the same situation..
Sparkly
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by Omer)
Hey.. Anyone else still waiting for St. Andrew's Psy? I'm starting to get worried.. Hope there are still some ppl out there in the same situation..
Hi Omer!
Chill- I've been waiting for St Andrew's forever! Bristol have finally replied and given me an offer, so St Andrew's is the only one left to wait for now.

Anyone going to the Durham/Nottingham/York open days?

Joanne :0)
kirstenb
Report 16 years ago
yeah im going to the durham one on 22nd march!! which college do u have an offer from? i applied to notts too but not heard anything yet
hohum
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by mjf)
Im sill waiting for Psychology with Zoology at Bris - what was your offer?

tis AAB, but my friend (who got ower grades at AS) got ABB....Little bit peeved.

Do all uni's do that? why did i work so damn hard last year? hmmmmm
roz***
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Omer)
hey Omer......im in exactly the same situation......seems other people have got offers from St. A's.....still waiting to hear from them, i've applied twice, once for psych and once for psych and german with a year abroad.....

beginning to think that the fact we havent heard and others have is somewhat ominous......

got offers from cardiff and glasgow......and two rejections from durham--how cut up am i

st As rocks----hope u get your offer!!!!
Leaby
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by roz***)
hey Omer......im in exactly the same situation......seems other people have got offers from St. A's.....still waiting to hear from them, i've applied twice, once for psych and once for psych and german with a year abroad.....

beginning to think that the fact we havent heard and others have is somewhat ominous......

got offers from cardiff and glasgow......and two rejections from durham--how cut up am i

st As rocks----hope u get your offer!!!!
Hey roz***, Don't worry... I got rejected from Durham too! Are you thinking about Cardiff? It's likely to be my first choice, but I still haven't heard from York...
roz***
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Leaby)
Hey roz***, Don't worry... I got rejected from Durham too! Are you thinking about Cardiff? It's likely to be my first choice, but I still haven't heard from York...

im going to cardiff next wednesday on their visit day which they've invited me to, but thats partly just an excuse to go up there so i can catch up with friends, coz im not sure i can get the grades they want....
with my durham rejections, unless i get accepted on either of the St As courses, i'll be going to Glasgow i think..

by the way, did you get offered a place on durham's applied psychology course at stockton? i was rejected from the straight psych course on the durham campus, but they've offered me a place at stockton. (which is 23miles from durham itself)---will i apply? i think not.
Leaby
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by roz***)
im going to cardiff next wednesday on their visit day which they've invited me to, but thats partly just an excuse to go up there so i can catch up with friends, coz im not sure i can get the grades they want....
with my durham rejections, unless i get accepted on either of the St As courses, i'll be going to Glasgow i think..

by the way, did you get offered a place on durham's applied psychology course at stockton? i was rejected from the straight psych course on the durham campus, but they've offered me a place at stockton. (which is 23miles from durham itself)---will i apply? i think not.
Yeah they offered me a chance to apply there, but there were many reasons why I wouldn't want to: 1) I wouldn't choose it, so it would just be a waste of a place and the university's time and 2) I might've been kept waiting even longer for them to make a decision.
vavavoom
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Omer)
Same situation. Feel like shooting the admissions officers :P
ruthbutton
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I have offers for Birmingham, Aston and am just waiting to hear from Warwick. They are all unconditional as I have already done my A-Levels!! (Lucky me!!) However, don't know how to choose between Warwick and Birmingham- any one know which is better for psychology??
*Riz*
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ruthbutton)
I have offers for Birmingham, Aston and am just waiting to hear from Warwick. They are all unconditional as I have already done my A-Levels!! (Lucky me!!) However, don't know how to choose between Warwick and Birmingham- any one know which is better for psychology??
Hey ruth. I also have offers from both Birmingham and Aston as well as Warwick. Well done on your offers .
I think Birmingham is slightly better for Psychology that Warwick but Warwick has a better reputation overall. I think I will be choosing Warwick over Birmingham as my first choice because I liked the uni better, I didn't particularily like the accomodation at Birmingham and my offer for Warwick was lower anyway. I decided that I couldn't really seperate the two academically so I went on which I liked best after going on open days. I'd advice you do the same and figure out which you like best. Mose of my reasons for choosing Warwick over Birmingham are due to personal preference.
I was tempted by Aston's sandwich year, that's why I applied there really but have decided against the uni in general.
All my offers are conditional as I'm still doing A levels so I have to actually get the grades before I can go anywhere though....

Then again I may end up choosing Lancaster as my first choice and not Birmingham or Warwick....arghh too many decisions. Hull will be my insurance I think, just because it is my lowest offer.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.48%
No (240)
33.52%

Watched Threads