Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Riz*)
    Hey ruth. I also have offers from both Birmingham and Aston as well as Warwick. Well done on your offers .
    I think Birmingham is slightly better for Psychology that Warwick but Warwick has a better reputation overall. I think I will be choosing Warwick over Birmingham as my first choice because I liked the uni better, I didn't particularily like the accomodation at Birmingham and my offer for Warwick was lower anyway. I decided that I couldn't really seperate the two academically so I went on which I liked best after going on open days. I'd advice you do the same and figure out which you like best. Mose of my reasons for choosing Warwick over Birmingham are due to personal preference.
    I was tempted by Aston's sandwich year, that's why I applied there really but have decided against the uni in general.
    All my offers are conditional as I'm still doing A levels so I have to actually get the grades before I can go anywhere though....

Then again I may end up choosing Lancaster as my first choice and not Birmingham or Warwick....arghh too many decisions. Hull will be my insurance I think, just because it is my lowest offer.
    Thank you!!
    i am going to look round warwick next week so i think i will get a better idea then. What do you reckon about living at home? I can't decide whether to or not as i do live locally (about 20mins drive).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruthbutton)
    Thank you!!
    i am going to look round warwick next week so i think i will get a better idea then. What do you reckon about living at home? I can't decide whether to or not as i do live locally (about 20mins drive).
    I'll reply to your pm so we don't mess up this thread lol!

ReputationRep:
    Unconditional offer from Leicester!
    Chuffed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peapod)
    Chuffed
    Congrats!

ReputationRep:
    Chuffed
    yey! well done

ReputationRep:
    Chuffed
    Yay go Peapod! I take it there's no news from Durham yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sparkly)
    Hi Omer!
    Chill- I've been waiting for St Andrew's forever! Bristol have finally replied and given me an offer, so St Andrew's is the only one left to wait for now.

Anyone going to the Durham/Nottingham/York open days?

Joanne :0)

Hey! I'm hopefully going to the York Open Day soon! Still waiting for my invite!

Notts was my first choice but got rejected, tho it was my first choice! Oh well! lol And they still havent bothered to send me a rejection letter!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *skye*)
    Hey! I'm hopefully going to the York Open Day soon! Still waiting for my invite!

Notts was my first choice but got rejected, tho it was my first choice! Oh well! lol And they still havent bothered to send me a rejection letter!!!
    me too skye, and i have no letter either....ah well.....life goes on I guess.

ReputationRep:
    Thought i'd get this thread going again!

Any one here hoping to do psychology at uni?? If so, where??

ReputationRep:
    I'm still waiting for Nottingham. Please tell me there are other people in the same position - I think I'm paranoid that my application has been lost or they just want to see me suffer!

ReputationRep:
    I'm still waiting for Nottingham too.
    I had an email from the York amn to say why I'd not been accepted and it just said, I'm sorry you've not been accepted, there were 18 people to a place!
    Honestly, these evasive people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruthbutton)
    Thought i'd get this thread going again!

Any one here hoping to do psychology at uni?? If so, where??
    trying to decide between sheffield and Bristol. But I have offers from York, Manchester, Exeter and Cardiff.

ReputationRep:
    I'm still waiting for Nottingham too.
    I had an email from the York amn to say why I'd not been accepted and it just said, I'm sorry you've not been accepted, there were 18 people to a place!
    Honestly, these evasive people
    Yeah that's all the guy really said when I phoned him yesterday. He said it would be a bit longer before the final decisions were made... Damnit.

ReputationRep:
    Just out of curiosity I emailed Notts to ask why I was rejected. I think I got a mail merged reply.....:

Thank you for your e-mail regarding your UCAS application to study here in Nottingham. You were a very strong candidate, but the courses run by the School of Psychology here in Nottingham are extremely popular and every year they attract students of the highest calibre from home and abroad. Unfortunately as we have a relatively small number of offers to make, we are unable to accommodate all the high quality students that apply to study with us.

We view every UCAS form on a competitive basis, taking into account the personal statement, the referee’s comments and exam results. Unfortunately we are unable to discuss the merits of individual applications with candidates. I hope you can appreciate that for the sake of confidentiality across all applications we can not discuss how any one candidate compares to any other. However, I can tell you that this year we have taken candidates of an exceptional quality, and as a result many high quality applicants predicted AAA at A-level (or its equivalent) have been unsuccessful.

I can assure you that every care was taken in considering your application. Our decisions in the department are independently checked to ensure that any special considerations have not been overlooked. Unfortunately we are unable to go into any further correspondence regarding individual applications. With approximately 3000 UCAS applications to study within the school this year I am sure you will be able to appreciate the difficulty we would face addressing each of the unsuccessful cases on a one-to-one basis.

Although you have not been successful in your application to Nottingham, as such a good quality candidate we are sure that you will have every success wherever you study, and wish you all the best for the future.

Charlotte Langham

Undergraduate Course Co-Ordinator

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leaby)
    Yeah that's all the guy really said when I phoned him yesterday. He said it would be a bit longer before the final decisions were made... Damnit.
    Did he actually say how much longer it would be? Are we talking days? Weeks? MONTHS?!!

Sorry but this whole Nottingham business is driving me craaaaazy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TommyP)
    Did he actually say how much longer it would be? Are we talking days? Weeks? MONTHS?!!

Sorry but this whole Nottingham business is driving me craaaaazy!
    Sorry I was talking about York... I didn't apply to Nottingham.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leaby)
    Sorry I was talking about York... I didn't apply to Nottingham.
    where else have you applied Leaby?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruthiepoothie)
    where else have you applied Leaby?
    Bangor, Cardiff, Lancaster and Birmingham. Have been rejected from Durham, and am only waiting on York now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leaby)
    Bangor, Cardiff, Lancaster and Birmingham. Have been rejected from Durham, and am only waiting on York now.
    cool. What did you think of birminghams department and course??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruthiepoothie)
    cool. What did you think of birminghams department and course??
    I thought the department and course were really good, but upon consideration I'm not sure that living in Birmingham would suit me personally.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.