This discussion is closed.
ruthiepoothie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Leaby)
I thought the department and course were really good, but upon consideration I'm not sure that living in Birmingham would suit me personally.
i am trying to decide between bham and warwick- i think bham course is better
*Riz*
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ruthiepoothie)
i am trying to decide between bham and warwick- i think bham course is better
Yeah the same as me - although I liked Warwick's campus better and I didn't really like the accomodation at Birm so I think I'm going to go for Warwick. You're right about Bham's course though - I liked the 3rd year options better but I guess you cant have everything!
ruthiepoothie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by *Riz*)
Yeah the same as me - although I liked Warwick's campus better and I didn't really like the accomodation at Birm so I think I'm going to go for Warwick. You're right about Bham's course though - I liked the 3rd year options better but I guess you cant have everything!
yeah, i don't like the accomodation at birmingham either, but im going to be living at home so its not really an issue for me. I also like the fact that birmingham has some nice old buildings and stuff whereas warwick is just concrete!! I do like them both tho- but i thinks its gonna be bham!!
malledo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sparkly)
Hi!
Just wondering who's applied for Psychology. Where are your offers and where do you want to go? I'm really looking forward to starting in October!
Just curious as to where everyone's going!
My friend is at canterbury and he reckons it is a good course there
Peapod
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Woo!
unconditional offer from SOuthampton, but it's not on UCAS yet.
ruthiepoothie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Peapod)
Woo!
unconditional offer from SOuthampton, but it's not on UCAS yet.
Well done peapod!! Is that cos you hav already done your exams or just cos they loved you so much??
froggybum
Report 16 years ago
Is anyone else waiting to hear from UCL?
Peapod
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well done peapod!! Is that cos you hav already done your exams or just cos they loved you so much??
Thanks.
The former unfortunately!
ruthiepoothie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Thanks.
The former unfortunately!
still good tho- same situation as me- no pressure- yay!!!
Peapod
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
still good tho- same situation as me- no pressure- yay!!!
Yep!
Although it feels like more hangs on the uni's decision!
Where have you heard from?
I'm still waiting for Durham and Nottingham.
ruthiepoothie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yep!
Although it feels like more hangs on the uni's decision!
Where have you heard from?
I'm still waiting for Durham and Nottingham.
i have heard from Birmingham and Aston (Hmm..) and am just waiting for Warwick- i want to stay near to home so those are the only ones i have applied to... Probably end up going to birmingham- how bout u- have you got a fave??
andyreid
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by .NK)
And what are you doing in on a Friday night....?

Lol, I'm in tonight because I'm home for the weekend...the town I live in is boring compared to Nottingham!

Living in Nottingham is great...but I guess it'd be the same in any big city. The nightlife is great - there are uni nights at different clubs every weekday which have a really safe, fun atmosphere. My personal favourite is the Athletic's Union's clubnight at the new superclub on a Wednesday....a lot of nice looking, very sporty students(and girls for the blokes).

The work's hard though...and there's a lot of it The work and the essays are interesting though so that makes things more bearable!

Edited to take out an obvious question....!
dont listen to her/him,the nightlifes pretty poor
alot of students not just me have found alot of the clubs have shut cos of not many people have turned up,ie at media,works and faces

ocean nightclubs full of nottingham forest hooligans type people

the best club is mode in nottingham,on a tuesday night.some fit girls,other than that,places likie manc,liverpool,newcastle,leeds have a better night life experiance

as for academically,nottingham is good,there are alot of oversees students and its increasing,im in raleigh campus where the oversees population is very high and can kill the atmosphere

bath,does not have any real night life,but is a very pretty city indeed,if you like walkingand looking at nice views baths your place
ruthiepoothie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
where is anyone else going for psychology- anyone going to birmingham??
rah
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by andyreid)
dont listen to her/him,the nightlifes pretty poor
alot of students not just me have found alot of the clubs have shut cos of not many people have turned up,ie at media,works and faces
this man is talking rubbish. period.

i have never experienced this. neither have the other notts people from this board. i think your experience is isolated and you obviously chose your clubs badly. please disist on presenting this inaccuarate view of nottingham as there may well be someone guilible enough out there to listen to you.

loser.
kirstenb
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by froggybum)
Is anyone else waiting to hear from UCL?
ive got my interview on the 24th march but i found out about it ages ago!!! i emailed the admissions tutor to ask when interview dates were n one was in january, the others are march 3rd and 24th! u not heard anything yet??
froggybum
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by kirstenb)
ive got my interview on the 24th march but i found out about it ages ago!!! i emailed the admissions tutor to ask when interview dates were n one was in january, the others are march 3rd and 24th! u not heard anything yet??

No, but I didn't give my UCAS form in until January as i'm a mature student on an access course. I've heard something from all my other choices, but not UCL which is the one i really really want to go to!!!!
Good luck for your interview! Is it a whole day interview?
TommyP
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Got an offer from Nottingham!!
ABB excl. General Studies (lol is there anywhere that does accept general studies??!)

Anyway I'm pretty stoked about it, I'll put it as my firm choice and (if all goes well) will be there in September 2005!
vavavoom
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by TommyP)
Got an offer from Nottingham!!
ABB excl. General Studies (lol is there anywhere that does accept general studies??!)

Anyway I'm pretty stoked about it, I'll put it as my firm choice and (if all goes well) will be there in September 2005!
Hey rock on!! I'm putting Notts as my first choice too so I guess I might see you there next year (your going on gap year i'm assuming).
kirstenb
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by froggybum)
No, but I didn't give my UCAS form in until January as i'm a mature student on an access course. I've heard something from all my other choices, but not UCL which is the one i really really want to go to!!!!
Good luck for your interview! Is it a whole day interview?

well, i have to be there at 12.30 and it just says expect to stay until around 4.30pm! There are gonna be 80 ppl there and we take part in tours and practicals and get time to speak to current undergraduates!
andyreid
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by rah)
this man is talking rubbish. period.

i have never experienced this. neither have the other notts people from this board. i think your experience is isolated and you obviously chose your clubs badly. please disist on presenting this inaccuarate view of nottingham as there may well be someone guilible enough out there to listen to you.

loser.

i speak the truth,liverpool,manc,newcastle,c ardiff,leeds are a few that destroy nottingham for nightlife

the sugar bar,lmaohorrendous,ive got a better living room than that pile of rubbsig

ocean is horrendous full stop

i like to think of a decent night out on non student nights as well,and it just doesnt over that,on wednesday notingham completely dead

with poor places like flares etc

rah accept it, it aint a fluke
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (530)
66.75%
No (264)
33.25%

Watched Threads