Do any Uni's in Britain allow pets... at all? Watch

This discussion is closed.
gameworm1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I lurve pets and as soon as I get to Uni I will want to get a menagerie, (or maybe a guinea pig or summin...) just wondering about whether that would be allowed?

ranbow99
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I've heard of people taking sea monkeys and hamsters to uni, but haven't heard of guinea pigs being taken. (Also, I wouldn't want to because it's unfair on the guinea pig being cooped up in a small cage and enver being allowed to run around )

I guess every uni is different, so maybe check with yours?
Martyn*
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
They should allow it providing you are responsible. They don't allow cats or dogs.

Fish is a prefered pet.

I'm not sure about birds or insects.
there's too much love
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
They told me off for having a snake so I left the snake cage open with a note saying "as I can't have the snake and it has no-where else to go, you can have it" in the office of the head of accommodation services.

She never got back to me.
Aphotic Cosmos
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I wouldn't bother getting a pet at uni TBH - it probably won't end well for a variety of reasons, ranging from some unis just not allowing any kind of pets, to pets not having a great time in halls due to the noise and lack of attention they'll often receive. You can always get one once you graduate, or if you move into private accommodation that allows pets.
Kanonoji
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by gameworm1)
I lurve pets and as soon as I get to Uni I will want to get a menagerie, (or maybe a guinea pig or summin...) just wondering about whether that would be allowed?

Don't do it. Someone will eat the poor thing as part of a sick drunken dare.

:ninja:
Chocothunder
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
My mate Kacey told me that her cousin Derrick knows a guy who told him that his flatmate kept a sturgeon living in his bathtub at uni.
Stella476
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I cannot believe that my uni doesn't even allow a fish... That kills me cos I have to leave loads of pets at home and cannot even have a flippin fish.

It might help to work at a shelter near your uni? That is what I will be doing cos I will go through serious withdrawals without pets around!
cosmicalgebra
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
my brother goes oxford and has a pet cat,so you should be allowed ....
cosmos-of-ymir
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
ahh i was wondering the same thing, because i have a blue tongued skink (2 foot long lizard) and my first choice university doesn't allow pets... i'll email them if i can actually find an email address on their website, haha

it'd be a bummer if i have to get a flat just because i can't have him on campus. there's nothing dangerous, for him or the university.. argh
TheLostDragon_03
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
omg lol best reply ive seen so far
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by TheLostDragon_03)
omg lol best reply ive seen so far
2010 thread.

Now closed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (148)
19.25%
Labour (327)
42.52%
Liberal Democrats (156)
20.29%
Green Party (42)
5.46%
Brexit Party (21)
2.73%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (2)
0.26%
SNP (9)
1.17%
Plaid Cymru (6)
0.78%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.13%
Sinn Fein (1)
0.13%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (1)