The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

Confused with the timetable

So I've been checking out the timetable and course combination application at the aberdeen registry and noticed a strange thing. Whenever two lectures clash it says there are clashes and they are painted in red, however, when tutorials or a lecture and tutorial clash, everything is fine. Are tutorials not compulsory then? Or are they just not as important? Anyway, I'm taking psychology as my main subject and planning on taking anthropology and archaeology, but it seems that I won't be able to attend almost any archaeology and anthropology tutorials, as there are psychology contact hours clashing with almost all of them. Also, it seems I will be working from 9 to 18 almost every day, do you think there would be any jobs available for a person having such a schedule.

Many thanks!
Reply 1
does it look like the same tutorial occurs at several different slots? at my place (admittedly not aberdeen) they often run the 'same' tutorial at several times and you just pick one that doesn't clash - but the timetable software makes it look like it's going to be a problem.

if you've got other lectures on top of every single tutorial for a module - that'd be a problem.
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Reply 2
Can you post a link to the timetables?
Reply 3
You were right, the tutorials were displayed at all possible time slots. Everything seems fine actually :gthumb: . Thanks a lot guys :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by B&#279
So I've been checking out the timetable and course combination application at the aberdeen registry and noticed a strange thing. Whenever two lectures clash it says there are clashes and they are painted in red, however, when tutorials or a lecture and tutorial clash, everything is fine. Are tutorials not compulsory then? Or are they just not as important? Anyway, I'm taking psychology as my main subject and planning on taking anthropology and archaeology, but it seems that I won't be able to attend almost any archaeology and anthropology tutorials, as there are psychology contact hours clashing with almost all of them. Also, it seems I will be working from 9 to 18 almost every day, do you think there would be any jobs available for a person having such a schedule.

Many thanks!

See, i'm clicking this link, but for some reason can't view any timetable! Every option comes up as "[none]" and every message says "There is no record of this subject..." etc!

I'm taking Psychology too... how does this thing work?!

Latest