This discussion is closed.
TK
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Does anyone know the date that all Unis have to have given their offers by?
fionah
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Nope, and not entirely sure there is one! But in the advice for applicants booklet, the last date it gives for last decision from university is 23rd July. I guess it wont be that late really if you applied on time but in reality it could be..
TK
Rep:
?
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
http://www.ucas.com/getting/deadlines/index.html

Depends when you get your form in by but if it's in by the 15th Jan deadline May 30th is the uni deadline.
cool - thanks a lot. I sent mine off on the 18th October so hopefully I'll hear soon
4Ed
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tinykates)
cool - thanks a lot. I sent mine off on the 18th October so hopefully I'll hear soon
lol looks like u only just made the deadline of jan 15th then

seriously, you probably might not hear till Feb/March.... some unis like to wait till the deadline before starting to give out offers (Imperial for instance), while durham, warwick etc give theirs out much earlier.
matouwah
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 4Ed)

seriously, you probably might not hear till Feb/March.... some unis like to wait till the deadline before starting to give out offers (Imperial for instance), while durham, warwick etc give theirs out much earlier.
i got 2 imperial offers.....one on on the 31 of october the other on the 4th of november...i thought that was quite early...some ppl got thier offers from UMIST after like 3 days....but i guess international students get replies alot quicker....
TK
Rep:
?
(Original post by 4Ed)

yeah i know. i've got offers from 4 places (warwick n that) but i haven't heard from my top choice. They said they were gonna wait until the deadline b4 they replied to anyone. I was just wondering how long after the 15th I will have to wait to find out.

thanks for your help
love Katie
xxx
frappucino
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by matouwah)
i got 2 imperial offers.....one on on the 31 of october the other on the 4th of november...i thought that was quite early...some ppl got thier offers from UMIST after like 3 days....but i guess international students get replies alot quicker....
why do international students get replies quicker? are they more in demand?
TK
Rep:
?
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
In theory it can take until the end of february before universities recieve all the applications returned by the deadline...so if they're being truley methodical then I wouldn't expect a decision until the beginning of March...
wow - it's just so long to wait. really weird not having any idea where i'm going to be in September.

thanks again for your help
xxx
frappucino
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
wow - it's just so long to wait. really weird not having any idea where i'm going to be in September.

thanks again for your help
xxx
i fell the pain...isn't it WEIRD?
matouwah
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by frappucino)
why do international students get replies quicker? are they more in demand?
perhaps coz we pay more????
frappucino
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by matouwah)
perhaps coz we pay more????
hahaha, not if you're a EU citizen

yessss!
hildabeast
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by frappucino)
hahaha, not if you're a EU citizen

yessss!
Where does the funding come from for EU students btw???

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
4Ed
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yeah i know. i've got offers from 4 places (warwick n that) but i haven't heard from my top choice. They said they were gonna wait until the deadline b4 they replied to anyone. I was just wondering how long after the 15th I will have to wait to find out.

thanks for your help
love Katie
xxx
no probs...... what's your top choice then? and your other uni?

i got my place from Imperial sometime in Feb last year I think... UCL was the last (March)
frappucino
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by hildabeast)

je ne sais pas, but i don't care either. i think some EU commission for education or sth like that...
4Ed
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by hildabeast)

their own EU governments pay..... but paying home fees.

does that mean we can go to European unis and be classed as home students, you reckon?
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 4Ed)
their own EU governments pay..... but paying home fees.

does that mean we can go to European unis and be classed as home students, you reckon?
oooohhh never thought abt that one...technically i would have thought yes!!!! wow! europe here i come!
TK
Rep:
?
(Original post by 4Ed)
no probs...... what's your top choice then? and your other uni?

i got my place from Imperial sometime in Feb last year I think... UCL was the last (March)
top choice is Bournemouth and the other one I haven't heard from is Westminster but i know im gettin rejected from their coz i didnt do their stupid essay for them.
4Ed
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tina)
oooohhh never thought abt that one...technically i would have thought yes!!!! wow! europe here i come!
i know i was just thinking that.... except I'd have to be able to speak something other than english
4Ed
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
top choice is Bournemouth and the other one I haven't heard from is Westminster but i know im gettin rejected from their coz i didnt do their stupid essay for them.
how come you haven't put warwick down as your first choice, it's a v good uni.
TK
Rep:
?
(Original post by 4Ed)
how come you haven't put warwick down as your first choice, it's a v good uni.
that's what everyone says but the course is only theoretical - they even sent me a letter to emphasise that as i'd written how much i enjoyed the practical side of things. Bournemouth has the best contacts for TV production - they get Greg Dyke (ppl like that in) to do the lectures and the course is much more practical so i wanna go there
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (388)
67.24%
No (189)
32.76%

Watched Threads