The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Lucy
lol :tongue: ! Aww, the memories will haunt her forever :biggrin: !

I hope so... :tongue: She'll regret going to the other place! :tongue: Nah...
Reply 81
For your enjoyment:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/displayPopup/0,,17818,00.html

What's all this about a glass of water?!
Reply 82
Girton, I don't know if you are joking around, it you are then its fine. However, you seem to take the whole thing too seriously. Anyway, even if Cambridge as a whole is better than Oxford, any Oxford college beats Girton hands down.
Reply 83
Hahahahaha! I was ready to reply about 4 minutes ago but I've only just stopped laughing! That is quite possibly the funniest thing I have ever read on this entire forum. It never ceases to amaze me the absolute deluge of nonsense that emanates from the mouths of some people. Girton is of exactly the same standard as every other Cambridge college - looking down from a great height on overrated universities such as Oxford which, quite frankly, deserves to be coming low in the top 5.
Girton, I can't help but feel that you've entered into this Oxford/Cambridge rivalry thing a little too seriously...
Reply 85
rah
you are so right, the fudge shop is one of cambridges best features although i swear i saw another one somewhere else, they are spreading yay!

The one I went into in Cambridge was amazing! I was with some friends and the owner (quite wittily I thought) said:

Gentlemen of the Jury,
Come forward and Judge the Fudge.

Which we did and needless to say it was yummy!

ps. CAMBRIDGE (which is why if I don't get in this time, I will try again even though my teachers tell me to go for Oxford next time) There is something about Cambridge...
Reply 86
Girton
Hahahahaha! I was ready to reply about 4 minutes ago but I've only just stopped laughing! That is quite possibly the funniest thing I have ever read on this entire forum. It never ceases to amaze me the absolute deluge of nonsense that emanates from the mouths of some people. Girton is of exactly the same standard as every other Cambridge college - looking down from a great height on overrated universities such as Oxford which, quite frankly, deserves to be coming low in the top 5.

Look, well done and everything on getting into Cambridge through the back door. However, even tho for certain subject Cam may be better than Oxford (I have some sense, I can admit it), Oxford isn't over-rated.
Reply 87
Girton
looking down from a great height on overrated universities such as Oxford which, quite frankly, deserves to be coming low in the top 5.

Quite frankly, you're full of shite.
Reply 88
Erm firstly Oxford is most certainly overrated - that's not to say it's bad, rather that it now relies on reputation. Secondly, Girton is not a minor college, it is one of the biggest and certainly not a back door.
Girton
Erm firstly Oxford is most certainly overrated - that's not to say it's bad, rather that it now relies on reputation. Secondly, Girton is not a minor college, it is one of the biggest and certainly not a back door.

OK, OK, you ARE taking this too seriously. Firstly, Oxford is NOT overrated. It is significantly better than Cambridge for Classics and, I think, Philosophy, amongst other things. As for relying on reputation - well, they both do, how the hell else would they attract most of their students and academics??? And this is coming from a current Cambridge student. Please shut up.
Reply 90
Girton

"most certainly overrated" - in the eyes of who? As to Girton, the only thing I know about it is that it has the lowest applicants to places ratio of all the mixed colleges. I wouldn't suggest that that makes the college any 'worse' though.
Reply 91
No. Why should I listen to a Cambridge student who says nothing when Girton is called a 'back door'?
Reply 92
Girton
No. Why should I listen to a Cambridge student who says nothing when Girton is called a 'back door'?

What subject do you do?
Reply 93
Girton
...And on the subject of the poll, for every person who thinks Oxford is better than Cambridge there are 3 who disagree. What does that tell us?

That tells us that there are many more people on this site who go to/ are applying to/ have a place at Cambridge than at Oxford and are therefore biased in their views. If there were more Oxonians then the results would be similarly skewed
Girton

It's not a back door. None of the colleges are. It is probably less applied to than the other colleges but it all evens out in the end. But Ensocopier said about any Oxford college beating Girton hands-down - grow up, that's jokey. Your tone has been deadly serious for a while and it's really unnecessary - and leading other people to be serious about it, which is not the way it should be. Come on, what's the big deal? They're the two best universities in the country, probably in the world. There's not a lot to choose between them.

And I hope you Oxford people appreciate how much it's hurting me to fight your side..:wink:
Reply 95
MadNatSci
It's not a back door. None of the colleges are. It is probably less applied to than the other colleges but it all evens out in the end. But Ensocopier said about any Oxford college beating Girton hands-down - grow up, that's jokey. Your tone has been deadly serious for a while and it's really unnecessary - and leading other people to be serious about it, which is not the way it should be. Come on, what's the big deal? They're the two best universities in the country, probably in the world. There's not a lot to choose between them.

And I hope you Oxford people appreciate how much it's hurting me to fight your side..:wink:

I feel your pain... I did have to say that Cam teaches some subjects better tho
Reply 96
MadNatSci

Well said, MadNatSci, you deserve a big chunk of positive rep for that which, unfortunately, I am not able to give you at the moment :frown: Hope someone will, though.

"It burns us!"
Reply 97
Ensocopier
What subject do you do?

He/she's going to do Oriental Studies...

:tongue:
Lucy
He/she's going to do Oriental Studies...

:tongue:

Lucy, r your parents oriental?
Reply 99
bono
Lucy, r your parents oriental?

Yep, both were originally from Hong Kong :smile: How did you know?

Latest

Trending

Trending