This discussion is closed.
Danithestudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I sent my UCAS form off a month ago, I had had a bit of trouble finding out a board that I was on for Spanish GCSE as I hadn't ever got ANY certificates, I tried to phone the college and they wouldn't tell me because I owed them a book (which I had already given back) so I asked my friend and she said Edexcel, I asked someone else and they said Edexcel so I put it down. I got ALL of my AS, A2 and that GCSE certificate today and lo! and behold my Spanish GCSE was from AQA.
What do I do, do I call UCAS or the Universities, because I remember reading something about if they aren't real qualifications they will cancel your application, can that happen to me? Help!!
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Danithestudent)
I sent my UCAS form off a month ago, I had had a bit of trouble finding out a board that I was on for Spanish GCSE as I hadn't ever got ANY certificates, I tried to phone the college and they wouldn't tell me because I owed them a book (which I had already given back) so I asked my friend and she said Edexcel, I asked someone else and they said Edexcel so I put it down. I got ALL of my AS, A2 and that GCSE certificate today and lo! and behold my Spanish GCSE was from AQA.
What do I do, do I call UCAS or the Universities, because I remember reading something about if they aren't real qualifications they will cancel your application, can that happen to me? Help!!
ring em and tell em - its not ur fault (i think...)
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
no certificate? we all got official certificates presened at awards evening.....
El_Borish
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
hmm, i;d say your first port of call should be UCAS, they'll tell u if you need to phone unis. if you exlpain the situation, i doubt they'll stress, just change it. i'd imagine they'll only full-on CANCELit if you put down that you had 12 A-levels or something totally untrue, not just a wrong board.

yeah, UCAS first, then elsewhere if needs be
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by El_Borish)
hmm, i;d say your first port of call should be UCAS, they'll tell u if you need to phone unis. if you exlpain the situation, i doubt they'll stress, just change it. i'd imagine they'll only full-on CANCELit if you put down that you had 12 A-levels or something totally untrue, not just a wrong board.

yeah, UCAS first, then elsewhere if needs be
i agree, its about lying about ur gcse, a-level grades that will get you into deep trouble - the board doesnt matter.
*dave*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The wrong exam board which u took a paper on hardly constitutes as lying. Ring them up and they will undoubtedly understand the situation.
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
Thing is WHY? am I getting my AS and A2 certificates more than a year and a half after I did my AS exams and another 5 months after my A2's?
I've gone for interviews and they've asked me to bring them and I haven't had them so I've not got the jobs (only part-time ones).
Stupid Havant college...

do u think I could e-mail them?
UCAS that is
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
When did your UCAS form go in? If it was more than a week or so ago then contact UCAs to see if it's been passed to the uni's - if it has then phone up the admissions tutor for each uni and explain the mix up.

They won't really care either way to be honest but by informing them you are covering yourself legally so they can't refuse you on a technicality.

(plus by speaking to the admissions tutor at each uni directly you will also help your application (sounds daft but it puts your personality to that fantastic personal statement and means you aren't just a form to them anymore)).

Don't panic but don't bury your head in the sand either...
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
Thanks (can u help me I'm stuck on 3.4)
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Thanks (can u help me I'm stuck on 3.4)
is it the trains one still?

times = semaphore
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
Thanks!!!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (216)
67.92%
No (102)
32.08%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed