This discussion is closed.
nodabooper
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
any of you guys got an offer from notts and hoping to go there nxt year?
Fira
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by nodabooper)

Yeah i got an offer for industrial economics at ABB so im seriously considering on going there. Im waiting for warwick, but even then im thinking notingham is my first choice. How bout u?
LongGone
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I got an ABB offer for Politics. Definitely going there if I don't get into LSE, probably would even if I do get into LSE, which I'm not anyway.
Leekey
Badges: 9
Report 16 years ago
I've got an AAB for Comp Sci and may pick it as my first choice is Manchester dont' make me an offer....*prays*!!!
pinkegokane
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i've got a lovely offer of bbc for hispanic studies which i'm putting as my insurance if durham give me an offer or 1st if they reject me.
vavavoom
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yup, hopefully going there to study Psych
Mark_KK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by nodabooper)
I didnt realise that there was a University of Nottinghamshire, I have heard of Nottingham University and Nottingham Trent.

Are you refering to a new institution or one of the existing ones?
joyabbott
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Mark_KK)
I didnt realise that there was a University of Nottinghamshire, I have heard of Nottingham University and Nottingham Trent.

Are you refering to a new institution or one of the existing ones?

erm, there isn't. They're referring to the Uni of Nottingham - but it's shortened to Notts.

I'll *hopefully* still be here if that counts Will be a 4th year medic in sept with any luck
the g
Report 16 years ago
BBB for Business Management, dunno if I want to get stabbed and shot though.
vavavoom
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by the g)
BBB for Business Management, dunno if I want to get stabbed and shot though.
The 'Definitive Student Guide' rates Nottingham's crime rate as 'average'. Besides, as long as you keep away from the danger areas you should be fine.
kosine90
Report 16 years ago
i might be going there too! physics msci. still waiting for other uni's decisions though
kat
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
ive got an offer 4 AAB to do music, not sure whether ill go tho, depends on what kings is like
.NK
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by joyabbott)
I'll *hopefully* still be here if that counts
Hehe, me too
Peapod
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by vavavoom)
The 'Definitive Student Guide' rates Nottingham's crime rate as 'average'. Besides, as long as you keep away from the danger areas you should be fine.
Thing is, yuor accomodation is IN a dodgy area!
Stephanie1820
Report 16 years ago
I got - BBC - French and Spanish

not sure if i'll be going - have *******s offer from oxford, so if i dont get the grades i guess i'll be joining you all at Notts!

x
lilsunflower
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
ABB for Law. Yeppers I'm going.
starry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by lilsunflower)
ABB for Law. Yeppers I'm going.
see you there
joyabbott
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Peapod)
It's not though

Lenton isn't that bad at all (in comparison to other student areas in cities). Dunkirk (where I live) and Beeston where I live are quieter and not dodgy.
.NK
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Peapod)
Nope, that's Nottingham Trent's accommodation.

Nottingham Uni's first year accommodation is mostly on campus and all of it is safe. I'm in uni accommodation just off campus in a town called Beeston which, to me, feels safer than the town I lived in before I came to uni. We have uniformed security men who walk around the accommodation blocks after dark just in case.

The least safe accommodation with the uni is probably the self catered halls on the Jubilee Campus, but they're a lot closer to the centre of the city so it's to be expected. Still, I haven't heard of any problems from people living there this year (they're relatively new so there's lots of security lights, cameras etc).
nodabooper
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
i am going for medicine (AAB)...i actually just put it down coz i didn't know where else to apply (i applied everywhere like that!!!) and after getting my reject from Cam i am really thinking about it...i liked it when i went there...howz life apart from studies...coz i would like to do something apart from studying! i don't like the fact that i have to find accommodation after the first year though..
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (530)
66.75%
No (264)
33.25%

Watched Threads