anyone going Notts Watch

This discussion is closed.
joyabbott
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
You won't have to find accommo during 1st year - all 1st years are guaranteed providing they choose it as their 1st choice.

I'm a medic here and can recommend it. There's loads to do 'outside' of medicine too.

I lived on Raleigh Park last year and don't know of anyone who had any problems. It really is very secure.
babylon
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by nodabooper)
any of you guys got an offer from notts and hoping to go there nxt year?

got offer for management..........but depending on the circumstances, Nott will most likely be my 'back-up'.
Mark_KK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by joyabbott)
erm, there isn't. They're referring to the Uni of Nottingham - but it's shortened to Notts.
I know, but surly the originator of the thread should realise that Notts = Nottinghamshire. The correct (or most common) abreviation for Nottingham is Nottm (pronounced Nottum).

I was just being silly anyway, I am a Forest fan and it really gets to me when people refer to us as Notts Forest thus implying that we represent the county.

Is it me or is there irony in the fact that Notts County play inside the City of Nottingham and Forest play in the county of Nottinghamshire?
Mark_KK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by lilsunflower)
ABB for Law. Yeppers I'm going.
Is this you saying that you are going because you have already achieved the grades or that you are confident that you will achieve the grades?
.NK
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Mark_KK)
Is it me or is there irony in the fact that Notts County play inside the City of Nottingham and Forest play in the county of Nottinghamshire?
:confused:

The two teams' homegrounds are both in the city...they're meant to be the closest in Europe or something...

Or am I just being dense?

:confused:

And to be honest, there's not a lot else in Nottinghamshire...the city seems to be slowly swallowing up the rest of the county.
HasanB
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
BBB for Economics, Finance and Management im waiting on warwick and LSE, i doubt ill get n e thing from LSE, if i get an offer from warwick then that'll be my first choice ... but as time goes on its lookin unlikely that i will so atm my first choice is nottingham.
candy88524
Report 15 years ago
I can't believe i can't rejected by lse, now i'm just left with warwick nottingham and durham to chose from. i'm going on their open days (strange, they're all on wednesdays). but i'm thinking of making warwick my firm aab and notts insurance. but i'm really worried about not getting the requirements as i am really bad at maths! i don't know why i'm still doing it at a2! i just got my nov p2 resit back and it was way worse than last year when i got 61, today ii got 47.! arghhhh! mental breakdown here!

will warwick accept at ABC or AAC if they made an AAB offer, does anyone know??

(Original post by Frances)
I got an ABB offer for Politics. Definitely going there if I don't get into LSE, probably would even if I do get into LSE, which I'm not anyway.
rah
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by candy88524)
I can't believe i can't rejected by lse, now i'm just left with warwick nottingham and durham to chose from. i'm going on their open days (strange, they're all on wednesdays). but i'm thinking of making warwick my firm aab and notts insurance. but i'm really worried about not getting the requirements as i am really bad at maths! i don't know why i'm still doing it at a2! i just got my nov p2 resit back and it was way worse than last year when i got 61, today ii got 47.! arghhhh! mental breakdown here!

will warwick accept at ABC or AAC if they made an AAB offer, does anyone know??
i really doubt they would, perhaps AAC but ABC looks too low unless you are a really exceptional student. oh and isnt standard notts offer AAA? you want that as insurance?!
candy88524
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by rah)
i really doubt they would, perhaps AAC but ABC looks too low unless you are a really exceptional student. oh and isnt standard notts offer AAA? you want that as insurance?!
is notts usually AAA? i'm not sure, the course details said AAB i think on the prospectus, just checking:: ::typical offer ABB it says.

i'm scared that if i don't make the grades then i will have to go through clearin, which is an area of unknown for me! everybody will be calling everyone else, and thats really tough
theECONOMIST
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
is notts usually AAA? i'm not sure, the course details said AAB i think on the prospectus, just checking:: ::typical offer ABB it says.

i'm scared that if i don't make the grades then i will have to go through clearin, which is an area of unknown for me! everybody will be calling everyone else, and thats really tough
In effect you'll only be accpenting an offer from warwick as everyone i know of who has an offer from nottingham (including myself) was offered AAA or AABB. If you accept warwicks lower offer, you give yourself no chance of going to nottingham. Are you sure they made you an offer? It sounded like you said they did before.
candy88524
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by theECONOMIST)
In effect you'll only be accpenting an offer from warwick as everyone i know of who has an offer from nottingham (including myself) was offered AAA or AABB. If you accept warwicks lower offer, you give yourself no chance of going to nottingham. Are you sure they made you an offer? It sounded like you said they did before.

ummm, are you slightly confused? i got warwick AAB, not inc chinese and gen studs. and nottingham was ABB, so warwick is firm and if i don't get AAB, i'll have notts as plan b
.NK
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i'm going on their open days (strange, they're all on wednesdays)
It's cos Wednesdays are half days for most unis so the lecturers don't have to take lectures/seminars/tutorials/practicals and the students don't have to attend them.

We're meant to do sport instead...but there's no obligation to
starry
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by theECONOMIST)
Huh? I got a BBB offer for Law from Notts! :confused:
rah
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by starry)
Huh? I got a BBB offer for Law from Notts! :confused:
obv you must have been in their top 15% because standard offer is AAA/AAB
babylon
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
ummm, are you slightly confused? i got warwick AAB, not inc chinese and gen studs. and nottingham was ABB, so warwick is firm and if i don't get AAB, i'll have notts as plan b
i'm doing the exact same thing as u.....warwick will probs be firm, and nott back up for management. I'm worried about getting the grades too, especially for maths at the rate i'm going, although i got an A at As level.
candy88524
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by wonkey)
i'm doing the exact same thing as u.....warwick will probs be firm, and nott back up for management. I'm worried about getting the grades too, especially for maths at the rate i'm going, although i got an A at As level.
i totally understand, although my maths grade is only a high b, and i'm finding p3 really hard, i probably only get 40-50 ums on that one so i'm relying on my stats papers to really pull my grades up for that b in warwick's offer

are you going on the open day?
nodabooper
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by Mark_KK)
I know, but surly the originator of the thread should realise that Notts = Nottinghamshire. The correct (or most common) abreviation for Nottingham is Nottm (pronounced Nottum).

I was just being silly anyway, I am a Forest fan and it really gets to me when people refer to us as Notts Forest thus implying that we represent the county.

at least I can spell surely!...JOKE
James_W
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
All these people saying it's in a 'dodgy' area? Does it really matter? Worse case scenario is that you might get mugged if you walk around by yourself looking like a nervous and susceptable student. If you're really that worried about it, take a walk around some estates in Brixton or Elephant And Castle during the summer - and Nottingham will seem like a safe haven.

If they make me an offer, I'll be over the moon - but I have yet to hear from them.
rah
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by James_W)
All these people saying it's in a 'dodgy' area? Does it really matter? Worse case scenario is that you might get mugged if you walk around by yourself looking like a nervous and susceptable student. If you're really that worried about it, take a walk around some estates in Brixton or Elephant And Castle during the summer - and Nottingham will seem like a safe haven.

If they make me an offer, I'll be over the moon - but I have yet to hear from them.
the stupid thing is that it *isn't* in a dodgy area, some of the second year housing is but you can chose to risk it and live there or stay somewhere else. much of trents accomodation looks at a bit dodgy though so i would be wary there...
nodabooper
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
i totally understand, although my maths grade is only a high b, and i'm finding p3 really hard, i probably only get 40-50 ums on that one so i'm relying on my stats papers to really pull my grades up for that b in warwick's offer

are you going on the open day?
for management u need maths? i have a friend who doesn't do maths at A or AS level and did inter - maths at GCSE and she has got offers for management from all the places she applied to!

once you have done P4 you wouldn't find P3 hard! and i hate stats but we have this dumb project coming up (just as a statement)!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (908)
80%
Leave (227)
20%

Watched Threads